Introduce Yourself

Rich

Been reading these forums for a long time, thought I would finally get an account and occasionally share my thoughts. From Sask originally but have been a diehard Bomber fan for over 30 years. I have a passion for the 3 down game and can get pretty opinionated at times. Really like the direction the football club is going in and would feel the same if we were 0-3.

Hey there, I'm a long time forum lurker since the OB days and the beginning of the most recent dark era (Mack) for our beloved blue. But I've been a big time bomber fan and supporter my whole life. Going through the hard times makes the good times that much sweeter and it's finally a good season to bleed blue and gold!

My pop took me to see Kenny Ploen and the Winnipeg Blue Bombers in 1966.

Played football when I was younger & attended a CFL training camp as a player but did not make the club.  :wacko:

Covered football and hockey as a reporter but that doesn't mean I know much. I do like to get out and play run and catch still. 

And now that I am able to be just a Blue Bomber football fan - this is the most fun of all. Go Blue!!  :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey there Bomber fans!

You can add me to the list of long time lurkers. Been cruising the forum for a while now as well as the other sites for news etc. I'm a Bomber fan from back in the Dieter Brock days, but have yet to get to a home game as I live in southwestern Ontario. The closest I've come is sitting behind the visitor bench when the Argos play the Bombers at SkyDome. (pleasantly surprised at the number of Blue and Gold jerseys around me). 

Anyway, being a long distance away from Winnipeg, I appreciate all the news, speculation and information shared here.  Thanks everyone!

Steve

I recently set up an account after lurking for a while. So who am I?

I followed the team in the 70's after playing high school football in rural 9 man league (can't get much lower than that). I had season tickets in the 80's and 90's.  Some Bomber highlights I remember (some of those games are kind of hazy from the pre game ceremonial beers) include Duniggin's big night,  (Lot 's of YAC that day) a preseason game where the sideline was invisible and the BC Lions stood on their bench and the frozen 91 Grey Cup game.

I went to Grey Cups in Vancouver (a very nice one for Bomber fans - no so much for a Eskimo fan) and Montreal as well as Toronto. The new stadium is within walking distance of my home so why haven't  gone yet? I will, I will.  For sure I will be teachng my grandson to be Blue even if he lives in Red /Black land. 

I don't pretend to be a football expert but that doesn't stop anyone else I can see.

I am feeling pretty optimistic with this year and that isn't a familiar feeling.

I recently set up an account after lurking for a while. So who am I?

I followed the team in the 70's after playing high school football in rural 9 man league (can't get much lower than that). I had season tickets in the 80's and 90's.  Some Bomber highlights I remember (some of those games are kind of hazy from the pre game ceremonial beers) include Duniggin's big night,  (Lot 's of YAC that day) a preseason game where the sideline was invisible and the BC Lions stood on their bench and the frozen 91 Grey Cup game.

I went to Grey Cups in Vancouver (a very nice one for Bomber fans - no so much for a Eskimo fan) and Montreal as well as Toronto. The new stadium is within walking distance of my home so why haven't  gone yet? I will, I will.  For sure I will be teachng my grandson to be Blue even if he lives in Red /Black land. 

I don't pretend to be a football expert but that doesn't stop anyone else I can see.

I am feeling pretty optimistic with this year and that isn't a familiar feeling.

Welcome aboard- and optimism here has been scarce and is almost scary now.

Long time poster on other fan boards.  A Rider fan (obviously given the avatar) who has been living in Corner Brook Newfoundland for going on four years.  I love football, especially the CFL, and enjoy talking with fans from other teams.  I'm pretty happy to see the Bombers an improved team (but not too improved I hope) as I always enjoyed the rivalry growing up regardless of how the games ended (both fan bases had to endure Michael Bishop).

Long time poster on other fan boards.  A Rider fan (obviously given the avatar) who has been living in Corner Brook Newfoundland for going on four years.  I love football, especially the CFL, and enjoy talking with fans from other teams.  I'm pretty happy to see the Bombers an improved team (but not too improved I hope) as I always enjoyed the rivalry growing up regardless of how the games ended (both fan bases had to endure Michael Bishop).

Welcome, but we reserve the right to mock you (and Saskatchewan) at every opportunity.

Welcome, but we reserve the right to mock you (and Saskatchewan) at every opportunity.

LOL

The "mocking" will be mutual (but respectful).

;)

Welcome! Good to have a fellow Rider fan to talk with :).

Been posting on other Bomber forums and am glad to see this one more alive than ever. Football is my main sport, the Bombers are my main sports team. I play football (only touch as ill be hitting my 30's this year ), currently playing with Jim Bell in our division. Looking forward to talking with all the Bomber die hards.