Introduce Yourself

Rich

Hi all, glad to be a part of your group, enjoy talking football with football fans of all teams , love the CFL . Winnipeg is gonna be  tough to play as always very good team from top to bottom they sure handled Hamilton not many weaknesses for the Bombers that’s for sure. So happy football is back , looking forward to a great season .

Edited by Fox Creek AB Rider Fan

36 minutes ago, Fox Creek AB Rider Fan said:

Hi all, glad to be a part of your group, enjoy talking football with football fans of all teams , love the CFL . Winnipeg is gonna be  tough to play as always very good team from top to bottom they sure handled Hamilton not many weaknesses for the Bombers that’s for sure. So happy football is back , looking forward to a great season .

Fox Vegas in the house! @17to85says the Subway is the nicest place in town.... 

7 hours ago, Fox Creek AB Rider Fan said:

Welcome. Be patient with the Rider jabs, it’s not a personal thing, just the nature of the board at times. Your team and your fans will not get many positive strokes here, but our fans love a good rivalry and good football talk. Looking forward to another spirited battle between the best 2 fanbases in the league. Riders looked pretty dialled in for at least the first 30 minutes against the Leos, and if their o-line holds up we should see some solid results from them as they battle Winnipeg and likely Calgary for top in the West. 

10 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Welcome. Be patient with the Rider jabs, it’s not a personal thing, just the nature of the board at times. Your team and your fans will not get many positive strokes here, but our fans love a good rivalry and good football talk. Looking forward to another spirited battle between the best 2 fanbases in the league. Riders looked pretty dialled in for at least the first 30 minutes against the Leos, and if their o-line holds up we should see some solid results from them as they battle Winnipeg and likely Calgary for top in the West. 

Thanks for the warm welcome, understandable there will be some jabs at the Riders wouldn’t want it any other way that’s all a part of the rivalry. Just so happy CFL is back , your team looks pretty solid and will be hard to beat imo it’s gonna be a battle between Sask Winnipeg and Calgary. In the East I think Montreal will surprise us , Hamilton should be there along with Toronto.

Hey all, new here. Well, sort of. I’m a long, long time reader/lurker. Dyed in the wool Bomber Fan. I started watching as a little kid in the early 90’s, but I consider myself in the upper echelon of CFL/WBB history nerds.  

I really can’t say why I never bothered posting before. I’ve been reading since the OB days.

It’s kind of creepy (in a good way) but I kind of feel like I know some of the dudes on here, I’ve been getting most of my Bomber info from this group  since 2006. 

Anyhow sorry for the long intro. Looking forward to talking football with everyone! 
(By the way, as a new poster, I feel it’s best not to start any new threads for the first long while. Etiquette matters.) 

9 hours ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Hey all, new here. Well, sort of. I’m a long, long time reader/lurker. Dyed in the wool Bomber Fan. I started watching as a little kid in the early 90’s, but I consider myself in the upper echelon of CFL/WBB history nerds.  

I really can’t say why I never bothered posting before. I’ve been reading since the OB days.

It’s kind of creepy (in a good way) but I kind of feel like I know some of the dudes on here, I’ve been getting most of my Bomber info from this group  since 2006. 

Anyhow sorry for the long intro. Looking forward to talking football with everyone! 
(By the way, as a new poster, I feel it’s best not to start any new threads for the first long while. Etiquette matters.) 

Welcome to the constant agony and ecstacy forum.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone! Name's Rick. Long time lurker here even longer bomber die hard. Figured I'd introduce myself. Had the pleasure at driving out to Calgary for the big game in 2019 and still can't get over it. 

I'll be heading out to Regina for labour day with a big group. We're planning on getting creative with face paint and accessories, got any ideas? Looking to make those rider fans take notice! 

27 minutes ago, Rickdude91 said:

Hey everyone! Name's Rick. Long time lurker here even longer bomber die hard. Figured I'd introduce myself. Had the pleasure at driving out to Calgary for the big game in 2019 and still can't get over it. 

I'll be heading out to Regina for labour day with a big group. We're planning on getting creative with face paint and accessories, got any ideas? Looking to make those rider fans take notice! 

Welcome to the forum. If you are driving to Regina, hang up about 6 air fresheners in the car when you get close.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello everyone. Fan from your favorite brother down below(Or not as the case may be). Only been a fan for a couple years now and nothing special about how I became one; Needed a football fix so started watching CFL games via ESPN Plus and liked the Blue Bombers uniforms and some of their players the best. As an American also follow the NFL of course and the Titans are my team down here. Work with high school students(Though they never seem to listen) and my dream is to become a real life James Bond(Or at least get all the women like he does).

Thanks for having me and I promise to try and cut down on any Americanisms(Is that a word?).

Cheers.

2 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Hello everyone. Fan from your favorite brother down below(Or not as the case may be). Only been a fan for a couple years now and nothing special about how I became one; Needed a football fix so started watching CFL games via ESPN Plus and liked the Blue Bombers uniforms and some of their players the best. As an American also follow the NFL of course and the Titans are my team down here. Work with high school students(Though they never seem to listen) and my dream is to become a real life James Bond(Or at least get all the women like he does).

Thanks for having me and I promise to try and cut down on any Americanisms(Is that a word?).

Cheers.

Welcome! Go Bluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuue

And just so you know, being a Bomber fan you now have a deep-seated and life-altering hatred for the Saskatchewan Roughriders.

3 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Cheers.

Welcome aboard, and don't be concerned about your cat- cats hate everyone. So many cats, so few good recipes.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2022-06-14 at 3:45 PM, Wilbur said:

Cheers.

If James Bond is your man then you'll be pleased to learn James Bond is (Actually) based off a Winnipeg Spy! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Stephenson

On 2022-07-10 at 8:02 PM, Sard said:

There is a book about him called The Intrepid.  Can't remember who wrote it.  My father in law said it was pretty interesting. 

"A Man Called Called Intrepid", a very good non-fiction book written about Winnipegger William Stephenson, there is a statue of him on Memorial Blvd.

Edited by Fatty Liver

54 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

"A Man Called Called Intrepid", a very good non-fiction book written by Winnipegger William Stephenson, there is a statue of him on Memorial Blvd.

There is statue of Sir William Stephenson, Intrepid, on Memorial. The author William Stephenson Stevenson is of no relation. 

(Not being pedantic, just for clarity)

Edited by JCon

31 minutes ago, JCon said:

There is statue of Sir William Stephenson, Intrepid, on Memorial. The author William Stephenson is of no relation. 

(Not being pedantic, just for clarity)

Thanks you are correct, it's been over 20 years since I read the book.  Being pedantic, the authors last name is spelled "Stevenson". 😉

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, greenrider55 said:

Just realized I’ve never done this.

Hello! I’m GR55, or you can call me Nick.

I am a Rider fan, and I will take any/all ribbing that comes. I just like to talk CFL with other CFL fans.

27 years young, work in commercial banking. 

Ooooh.... a Ride fan. You have my condolences. Seriously, I feel for the rational Rider fans who have to countenance the steaming pile of excrement that the Rider team and organization have created. We Bomber fans have had a taste of that in the Sleepy Joe era but it pales in comparison.

45 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Ooooh.... a Ride fan. You have my condolences. Seriously, I feel for the rational Rider fans who have to countenance the steaming pile of excrement that the Rider team and organization have created. We Bomber fans have had a taste of that in the Sleepy Joe era but it pales in comparison.

It is frustrating beyond at times. It’s a strong bond with my dad and late grandpa, so I’m in for life… but yeesh.