Introduce Yourself

Rich

9 minutes ago, bluebeliever said:

It's pjrocksmb from the other forum.  I am a season ticket holder and love this Bombers.  Really proud of our current group of players, coaches and management.  Long term Bomber fan and happy to be part of this community.

There goes the neighbourhood! LOL! j/k 

Hello....I've been a long time Bomber fan since the late 50s and was grew up being a Bomber fan starting in the Bud Grant era.   Boy was I ever spoiled!   I was a poster on the other Bomber discussion forum which has been shut down now for over 5 days now without a word as to when it might be up and running again.   It's old and antiquated (kinda like me) but I still enjoyed it,   I thought I'd give this forum a try and see if i like it.   There are a lot of handles I recognize on this site

9 minutes ago, Lincoln Locomotive said:

Hello....I've been a long time Bomber fan since the late 50s and was grew up being a Bomber fan starting in the Bud Grant era.   Boy was I ever spoiled!   I was a poster on the other Bomber discussion forum which has been shut down now for over 5 days now without a word as to when it might be up and running again.   It's old and antiquated (kinda like me) but I still enjoyed it,   I thought I'd give this forum a try and see if i like it.   There are a lot of handles I recognize on this site

Come in and we will give you shelter.

hey! it's 66 here... I've already spilled my back story of who, why, and where in a thread in the discussion forum when I first joined a couple of months ago... but I always read people's user names and wonder what they mean or why they choose what they did... doesn't consume me or cost me a lot of consternation, just curious...

well my user name comes from my baby and prized possession that I actually built myself, my 66 Chevelle... spent a little over 2 years and a butt load of money building her but I love her... she has a 700 hp, 540 cubic inch big block Chevrolet engine in her and can be a hand full at times, much like myself...  however, she does have a Canadian sister, the Beaumount which was built and sold in Canada at your local pontiac dealerships, but I digress... so,  without further hesitation and for your viewing pleasure, I give you 'the' 66 Chevelle...

p-Fz21712JfGCtN8Q7z19XOt95KqGUBPZ8DL1lnn

Edited by 66 Chevelle

28 minutes ago, 66 Chevelle said:

hey! it's 66 here... I've already spilled my back story of who, why, and where in a thread in the discussion forum when I first joined a couple of months ago... but I always read people's user names and wonder what they mean or why they choose what they did... doesn't consume me or cost me a lot of consternation, just curious...

well my user name comes from my baby and prized possession that I actually built myself, my 66 Chevelle... spent a little over 2 years and a butt load of money building her but I love her... she has a 700 hp, 540 cubic inch big block Chevrolet engine in her and can be a hand full at times, much like myself...  however, she does have a Canadian sister, the Beaumount which was built and sold in Canada at your local pontiac dealerships, but I digress... so,  without further hesitation and for your viewing pleasure, I give you 'the' 66 Chevelle...

p-Fz21712JfGCtN8Q7z19XOt95KqGUBPZ8DL1lnn

GD beautiful car. Congrats!

9 hours ago, J5V said:

GD beautiful car. Congrats!

thx! it was a labor of love... it was a complete frame off restoration... well I call it a restoration but it's all modern technology... tilt, cruise, power windows, locks, push to start, 4 wheel disc brakes, rack and pinion steering, coil over shocks on all four corners, etc... here's a link to some more photos, and my other hobby, I design and build hand made wooden gear clocks, if you're interested...

link to the Chevelle build

Edited by 66 Chevelle

I'm a refugee from the other site too.  I grew up on a farm in the Interlake of Manitoba. Watched my first CFL game on my aunt's TV in  1961 when the Bombers  beat the Ti-Cats in overtime in the Grey Cup. My older brother and I listened to games on the radio and sometimes charted them on pages of foolscap taped together. We made CFL scrapbooks and, although we didn't like cereal, we ate a lot of it just so we could get the Post football and hockey cards on the back of the boxes.  We memorized football and hockey stats together.  What a crazy hobby for a little girl eh?  lol!   When I went to visit the Hockey Hall of Fame in Toronto by myself as an adult, they had this computer NHL quiz game I played against others.  I stunned the unsuspecting men who came along , beating all of them with a higher score.  Piece of cake!  Haha!  

I played women's flag football  (running back, DB and punter) and hockey ( centre) at the U of M  and did some reffing  back in the 1970's.  Sat on the East side ZOO section  at some Bomber games.  

Years later, got my nephews interested in the CFL.  Were they ever excited today!  Oh, except the one who lives in Sask and is a fanatical Rider fan.  

Since the stadium is way across the city for me now,  and I've been discouraged by the long Grey Cup drought, I've gone to hardly any games.  Also, it's a fairly long walk alone from the bus stop in the dark to get home.  Last time I went a man  was walking the same route back,  which was kind of scary until he crossed to the other side of the street.  

I am determined to take in a couple of games next season.  I love the Bombers and the CFL with a passion.  

Edited by In Motion

7 hours ago, In Motion said:

I'm a refugee from the other site too.  I grew up on a farm in the Interlake of Manitoba. Watched my first CFL game on my aunt's TV in  1961 when the Bombers  beat the Ti-Cats in overtime in the Grey Cup. My older brother and I listened to games on the radio and sometimes charted them on pages of foolscap taped together. We made CFL scrapbooks and, although we didn't like cereal, we ate a lot of it just so we could get the Post football and hockey cards on the back of the boxes.  We memorized football and hockey stats together.  What a crazy hobby for a little girl eh?  lol!   When I went to visit the Hockey Hall of Fame in Toronto by myself as an adult, they had this computer NHL quiz game I played against others.  I stunned the unsuspecting men who came along , beating all of them with a higher score.  Piece of cake!  Haha!  

I played women's flag football  (running back, DB and punter) and hockey ( centre) at the U of M  and did some reffing  back in the 1970's.  Sat on the East side ZOO section  at some Bomber games.  

Years later, got my nephews interested in the CFL.  Were they ever excited today!  Oh, except the one who lives in Sask and is a fanatical Rider fan.  

Since the stadium is way across the city for me now,  and I've been discouraged by the long Grey Cup drought, I've gone to hardly any games.  Also, it's a fairly long walk alone from the bus stop in the dark to get home.  Last time I went a man  was walking the same route back,  which was kind of scary until he crossed to the other side of the street.  

I am determined to take in a couple of games next season.  I love the Bombers and the CFL with a passion.  

Welcome.

This is almost like releasing your game day roster, time to declare! Like many others I've come across from the dark side as a result of it suddenly going really dark.

Long time Bomber fan... 50 plus years.  One time season ticket holder, now an out of province (Thunder Bay) fan. I actually signed up as a member on this site shortly after Richard Harris's passing. At the time I found the other site more active and tended to hang there. I've long ago forgotten the username I signed up here with so I opted to go with an alternate email address and my username  from the other site.

No particular preference for one site or the other really, its all football to me.

Edited by NormW

• 1 year later...

I’ve been away since novemeber 2019 so I thought I would reintroduce myself. 

I have  lived in Winnipeg for all my life outside of 9 months in Edmonton before age 4 :)  

I have loved cfl football since as far back as I can remember and have been more passionate    about them since the jets left.   I’m not nearly as attached to the jets or watch their games.   I haven’t missed listening or watching to a bomber game in years.   I have zero interest in the nfl and find the games slow and boring.  Even the super bowl which I will watch while doing something else. 

I work in It infrastructure and now cyber security for a very large international company in Winnipeg and I’m opinionated, confident (overly?) and can be an *******.   I can hate what you are saying and disagree with you but it won’t really effect how I feel about you.  I can hate one post and fight with you and laugh and support something else you say. 

anyhow. I’m back :)  

10 minutes ago, Adrenaline_x said:

I have  lived in Winnipeg for all my life outside of 9 months in Edmonton before age 4 :)  

I have loved cfl football since as far back as I can remember and have been more passionate    about them since the jets left.   I’m not nearly as attached to the jets or watch their games.   I haven’t missed listening or watching to a bomber game in years.   I have zero interest in the nfl and find the games slow and boring.  Even the super bowl which I will watch while doing something else. 

I work in It infrastructure and now cyber security for a very large international company in Winnipeg and I’m opinionated, confident (overly?) and can be an *******.   I can hate what you are saying and disagree with you but it won’t really effect how I feel about you.  I can hate one post and fight with you and laugh and support something else you say. 

Welcome back. As Charlie Brown said, "I need all the friends I can get." This is where the passion lives.

32 minutes ago, Adrenaline_x said:

Nice to have you back!

• 4 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

I have no regrets about saying adios to the Bombers after they blew that big lead in Montreal in ‘19, after all I gave them 28 years to win a cup in a 9 team league.

Having said that I just dropped in to say they don’t have a guy who can kick a 45 yard field goal?!? Christo!

Patience, Lady Grasshopper, patience.

13 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

I have no regrets about saying adios to the Bombers after they blew that big lead in Montreal in ‘19, after all I gave them 28 years to win a cup in a 9 team league.

Having said that I just dropped in to say they don’t have a guy who can kick a 45 yard field goal?!? Christo!

Good riddance....