Introduce Yourself

Rich

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys! Finally decided to join after lurking this place for a couple of years. I'm not much of an X & O's kind of guy, but I have followed the CFL and the Bombers since the '70s. I just love the 3 down game. This seems like a friendly site with some pretty knowledgeable people, so I figured it should be a great place to humiliate myself.

12 hours ago, Dee Urban Hermit said:

Hi Guys! Finally decided to join after lurking this place for a couple of years. I'm not much of an X & O's kind of guy, but I have followed the CFL and the Bombers since the '70s. I just love the 3 down game. This seems like a friendly site with some pretty knowledgeable people, so I figured it should be a great place to humiliate myself.

Welcome aboard. It sounds like you should fit in just fine.

• 1 month later...

Hello! I didn't introduce myself.

Long time Bomber fan and season ticket holder since I moved back to the province 8 years ago. Now currently, located in the front row of 234.

I now attend games with my oldest son, who is 6. That tends to drive my game day and what I want out of the experience.

19 minutes ago, JCon said:

Long time Bomber fan and season ticket holder since I moved back to the province 8 years ago. Now currently, located in the front row of 234.

I now attend games with my oldest son, who is 6. That tends to drive my game day and what I want out of the experience.

Welcome!

5 hours ago, JCon said:

Howdy.

9 hours ago, JCon said:

Welcome aboard and beware those who lurk under the bridge.

• 2 months later...
37 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

Hi everyone,

Long time bomber fan, been a season ticket holder since 2011 season. Gotta say I can't relate to some of the older members on here that remember better days for the blue and gold. Never seen the blue and gold win the GC but I look forward to it someday.

Nice to meet everyone.

I caution against holding your breath while you are waiting.

Hello all. Decided to join after reading this forum as a guest for the past couple of years. Likely won't post much but I noticed game day conversation seems to have moved to the chat room rather than topic forum, making it difficult to keep up with the conversation.

Anyway, I have been a bomber fan ever since my dad took me to a game as a small lad and I am now doing the same with my son. I have had season tickets since 1972 and even maintained them when I lived in Northern Ontario for 3 and half years. Reside in Southern Manitoba now and drive in every home game and meet up with my son a who works and lives in the peg.

Slow start to the season, but good result tonight. Here's hoping for continued improvement throughout the year. I want the Blue to win the cup while my son and I can enjoy it together!!

Cheers- fosey58

Hi everyone,

As most other above me, I have lurked on the site since it's inception and finally got around to signing up. I used to post on OB for years before it started to deteriorate.

Unfortunately for me, I was not alive to relive the glory days of the Bombers as I was only 2 when they last won the Cup but despite the last few years of futility I remain loyal to this team and plan my summer/fall around the games. I look forward to engaging in discussions with other knowledgeable fans so I can stop bothering my wife with my constant rambling!

• 1 month later...

Hello Fellow Bomber fans! I have long been a suffering Bomber fan all my life as i'm a 90's baby. I've had season tickets all my life sitting in section X or Y which was often a great place for a kid to learn new words! ;)

Im a huge bomber fan and pride myself on football knowledge especially growing up with no NHL team in town i spent all year following the Blue, big Steelers fan and Milt Stegall was my idol growing up. Ive made a few posts already but i look forward to talking some football with all of you! 

Go Bombers Go!

On 7/2/2016 at 2:29 PM, Eternal optimist said:

Hi everyone,

Long time bomber fan, been a season ticket holder since 2011 season. Gotta say I can't relate to some of the older members on here that remember better days for the blue and gold. Never seen the blue and gold win the GC but I look forward to it someday.

Nice to meet everyone.

now you can say you've seen a Grey Cup win by the Bombers.  This was the first Bomber GC game/win I had ever seen.  Let's hope we all get to see some in this century/millenium.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

On 7/8/2016 at 7:47 AM, Nash00 said:

Hi everyone,

As most other above me, I have lurked on the site since it's inception and finally got around to signing up. I used to post on OB for years before it started to deteriorate.

Unfortunately for me, I was not alive to relive the glory days of the Bombers as I was only 2 when they last won the Cup but despite the last few years of futility I remain loyal to this team and plan my summer/fall around the games. I look forward to engaging in discussions with other knowledgeable fans so I can stop bothering my wife with my constant rambling!

Yep, we're in the same boat, I was 1 when they last were champs. Good things come to those who wait.

2 hours ago, Shane o Mac said:

Hello All,

I used to be a ob guy way back when.  Love the Bombers, CFL and this site!  I really enjoy the knowledge and passion shared here.  Glad to be a part of it!

Welcome to this fractious group, and may you live long enough to see another Bomber Grey Cup win!

• 4 weeks later...

I figured I would introduce myself, seems I'm a little late to the meet and greet though. 

My names Cody (obviously),I've been a bomber fan since I was a kid and a former our bombers member. Sometimes I wonder if old school nasty Nate is lurking. Lol.My family used to run a couple mini donut trailers inside the old stadium and I've been a die hard ever since. Life's  quite a bit busier now, so I only attend 2-3 games a year but follow the team religiously. anyway, it's a great site and although I don't post too often, it's entertaining watching the "regulars" banter and debate.  Lots of good knowledgeable posters on this site.

cheers

Edited by CodyT

8 hours ago, CodyT said:

I figured I would introduce myself, seems I'm a little late to the meet and greet though. 

My names Cody (obviously),I've been a bomber fan since I was a kid and a former our bombers member. Sometimes I wonder if old school nasty Nate is lurking. Lol.My family used to run a couple mini donut trailers inside the old stadium and I've been a die hard ever since. Life's  quite a bit busier now, so I only attend 2-3 games a year but follow the team religiously. anyway, it's a great site and although I don't post too often, it's entertaining watching the "regulars" banter and debate.  Lots of good knowledgeable posters on this site.

cheers

Welcome aboard this group of long-suffering optimists. Don't take us too seriously.

• 9 months later...