Bombers Looking to Trade Korey Banks

Rich

Aside from the CBA bonus and maybe a few hundred dollars in training camp money, yes. That's exactly what my initial explanation said.

That's better, because we all know how quickly inflated numbers get exaggerated and then floated around and passed off as accurate, now don't we?

What do you mean?  Didn't he make 400K this year?

Aside from the CBA bonus and maybe a few hundred dollars in training camp money, yes. That's exactly what my initial explanation said.

That's better, because we all know how quickly inflated numbers get exaggerated and then floated around and passed off as accurate, now don't we?

What do you mean? Didn't he make 400K this year?

That was just his CBA signing bonus ;)

Korey Banks is back in Winnipeg & will be at #Bombers game tonight. They paid for him to go home. He paid his own way back. #CFL

— Farhan Lalji (@FarhanLaljiTSN)

July 3, 2014

I just saw this too. I wonder if they've kissed and made up?

edit: Never mind. Naylor just said we're expected to release him later today. So why would he be at the game?

I would think he needs to be here to force them to release him.    He says I'm here ready to practice and then they either have to pay him to be on IR or release him.    They can't suspend him because he's disgruntled.   They can suspend him if he's sitting at home and not participating.

I would think he needs to be here to force them to release him.    He says I'm here ready to practice and then they either have to pay him to be on IR or release him.    They can't suspend him because he's disgruntled.   They can suspend him if he's sitting at home and not participating.

Exactly this - If he isn't here practicing they can keep his rights without paying him by suspending him.

If he is here and "ready to practice" they have to place him on the IR to have him on the roster

Sounds like he's attempting to be a distraction with the Blue Bombers, hopefully this doesn't not affect the game play of the game today.  He is hoping to either force his release or get to be announced a starter I would assume; flying here himself means they'll have to say he is capable of playing but obviously they don't need to say he is on the roster tonight as he was suspended.  I'm guessing there must be some paper work that needs to be done to remove a player from the suspension list.  Not only that but I'm sure you can't skip all of the practices and show up on game day and be expected to be able to be part of the roster.

Enough with this well-reasoned logic - this thread is exclusively for half-baked conspiracy theories.  Take your nonsense somewhere else!

I would think he needs to be here to force them to release him. He says I'm here ready to practice and then they either have to pay him to be on IR or release him. They can't suspend him because he's disgruntled. They can suspend him if he's sitting at home and not participating.

Enough with this well-reasoned logic - this thread is exclusively for half-baked conspiracy theories. Take your nonsense somewhere else!

Maybe he's here to secretly kidnap O'Shea right before the game starts, then Banks himself takes over as head coach with a goal of sabotaging the Bombers. Bryant Turner's new son shows up and kicks the crap out of Banks and coaches the team to victory. Just a rumor I heard on twitter...

Korey Banks @24Banks 51s

Don't blame me I did all I can and more. "DOGS MUST HUNT" or be put down.

The whole Banks thing has been a mystery from the start...  I liked him a few years ago but we would have been better off to trade Poblah for Hefney - better player and actually less attitude...

The more Banks tweets, the less likely any other team even looks at him

I would think he needs to be here to force them to release him. He says I'm here ready to practice and then they either have to pay him to be on IR or release him. They can't suspend him because he's disgruntled. They can suspend him if he's sitting at home and not participating.

Enough with this well-reasoned logic - this thread is exclusively for half-baked conspiracy theories. Take your nonsense somewhere else!

Maybe he's here to secretly kidnap O'Shea right before the game starts, then Banks himself takes over as head coach with a goal of sabotaging the Bombers. Bryant Turner's new son shows up and kicks the crap out of Banks and coaches the team to victory. Just a rumor I heard on twitter...

Well here's a picture of Bryant Turner's new addition, and I believe that it's a "she"....

BrexTgCIYAEMj2W.jpg

My fondest hope - one day she marries Chase Stegall and they have twin boys, one who becomes the CFL sack leader for 12 years straight, and the other one who ends up breaking all of Chase's receiving records, because of course he's going to break all of his dad's records when he is signed by the Bombers in 2025.