Travis Lulay to begin season on six game IR

I have a friend who got to go out for Dinner with Korey Banks and Nick Moore along with some other players and team personnel when they signed Banks and Moore.  Banks kept saying how bad the training staff and medical staff was in BC.  He said you didn't want to get injured because they always under evaluated it.  He said you would go in with a sprain and come out with a blood clot lol.   Also said some other bad things about the BC org but I won't go into detail.  Take it for what it's worth.  

Lowell Ullrich @FifthQtr 39m

#bclions announce they are moving Travis Lulay to 6-game injured. Mike Benevides: 'We miscalculated his recovery.'

FWIW: there is speculation that Lulay may be done. Matt Dunigan was saying that the chances of 100% recovery this late in the healing process are unlikely. If Lulay is done for, it would add even more to Wally's rep as a football genius that he went out and got Glenn before Lulay's situation became obvious and drove the price up.

The leos better pray that Glenn stays upright or it could be a long year in lotus land. It's being reported that Lulay should have taken a year to rehab. You hate to see players of his calibre out for any length of time but another hit on that arm and his career could be over.

I have a friend who got to go out for Dinner with Korey Banks and Nick Moore along with some other players and team personnel when they signed Banks and Moore.  Banks kept saying how bad the training staff and medical staff was in BC.  He said you didn't want to get injured because they always under evaluated it.  He said you would go in with a sprain and come out with a blood clot lol.   Also said some other bad things about the BC org but I won't go into detail.  Take it for what it's worth.  

This can't be true because we all know that Braley and Buono are gods among men in the football world and can do no wrong.  That includes everyone they hire.

It was quite obvious that he wasn't coming back anytime soon.

I'm laughing so hard at anyone who says "Wow, Wally's looks like a genius now for getting Glenn!" ...Please...he knew damn well that Lulay was ****** and that if he didn't get some kinda player who could actually lead the team, he'd be totally ****** this year. Now he's gotta pray to Christ that his p.o.s. OL can keep KG5 clean or it'll be a bruuuutal season out west.

It was quite obvious that he wasn't coming back anytime soon.

I'm laughing so hard at anyone who says "Wow, Wally's looks like a genius now for getting Glenn!" ...Please...he knew damn well that Lulay was ****** and that if he didn't get some kinda player who could actually lead the team, he'd be totally ****** this year. Now he's gotta pray to Christ that his p.o.s. OL can keep KG5 clean or it'll be a bruuuutal season out west.

And we're sitting here, licking our lips, with an eye on their 3rd place playoff spot.

Cartoon+Evil.png

Matt Dunigan seems to think he isn't going to be able to recover, ever...unless he has cleared the air on his statements that i'm not aware of.

Yeah, saw that too. I knew he was in trouble as soon as he said that (Travis not Matt LOL) as Dunnigan wouldn't say something like that if he didn't know something. And no, Matty's not a doctor, but he was a QB, and next to a head shot, a QB's shoulder is the worst. 

I pulled my deltoid muscle - took two years to heal. Nothing anyone could do - if I were a QB, I wouldn't have been able to throw. After 9 months Lulay couldn't throw more than 25 yards..... shoulders are a ***** to heal. I have no idea if Lulay is 'done done' but I'd be surprised if we saw him this year. And if we do, we'll probably see the same Lulay as last year in the playoffs, which wasn't a pretty sight. It's too bad, we don't get enough good QB's up here (don't we know it) and I hate to see a QB cut down in his prime regardless of where he plays. 

I suggest if the Bombers would have signed Glenn, they would have had an excellent shot at 3rd in the West and BC would end up in 5th looking up at them.  Playoff revenue would have easily paid for Glenn's salary.

And put my Willy a year behind for a playoff birth and early exit with KG. No thanks, good chance we make the playoffs this season and end up with a real #1 QB for years.

I suggest if the Bombers would have signed Glenn, they would have had an excellent shot at 3rd in the West and BC would end up in 5th looking up at them.  Playoff revenue would have easily paid for Glenn's salary.

And put my Willy a year behind for a playoff birth and early exit with KG. No thanks, good chance we make the playoffs this season and end up with a real #1 QB for years.

I Didn't say anything about starting Glenn, just possessing him would be enough to keep B.C. out of the playoffs.  You're very insecure about "your Willy", aren't you?

To deprive BC of a player of Glenn's capabilities would be awesome, but at what cost?

How about starting with our 1st round draft choice, Goosen? That is a high cost.

But we can't stop there now can we? Because I tell you what, BC can afford to throw more in trade that we could have, so I believe they would have got him anyways.

We may have driven up the bidding, but since we had our starter and BC didn't, they would not have backed down,

I Didn't say anything about starting Glenn, just possessing him would be enough to keep B.C. out of the playoffs.  You're very insecure about "your Willy", aren't you?

You do realize that the Grey Cup is in Vancouver this year, right? Ever been to Vancouver? There's a lot of things I could there rather than go see a loser football team. No, it's good for the CFL that Glenn is there. Very good. 

You do realize that the Grey Cup is in Vancouver this year, right? Ever been to Vancouver? There's a lot of things I could there rather than go see a loser football team. No, it's good for the CFL that Glenn is there. Very good. 

The Bombers have been the dregs of the CFL for a few years now and they need to have a fewf "me first" seasons before they start making charitable football decisions that benefit the BC Lions.

To deprive BC of a player of Glenn's capabilities would be awesome, but at what cost?

How about starting with our 1st round draft choice, Goosen? That is a high cost.

But we can't stop there now can we? Because I tell you what, BC can afford to throw more in trade that we could have, so I believe they would have got him anyways.

We may have driven up the bidding, but since we had our starter and BC didn't, they would not have backed down,

People forget that there were literally months on inaction on the Kevin Glenn front before the draft and before Wally began to worry about Lulay's shoulder.  I believe that had Walters taken the initiative he could have gotten Glenn for less than what Desjardin was asking.  Desjardin had to be nervous at the inaction and as a first year GM he didn't need the **** storm that Glenn was kicking up.  Don't know what it would have taken but the Bombers clearly had lots of expendable assets at their disposal as many of them are no longer with the club.  How about Watson, Volny, Cauchy, Suber and the rights to Chris Matthews....something like that would have looked good to Ottawa and would have had little effect on were the Bombers are now....just speculatin'

People forget that there were literally months on inaction on the Kevin Glenn front before the draft and before Wally began to worry about Lulay's shoulder.  I believe that had Walters taken the initiative he could have gotten Glenn for less than what Desjardin was asking.  Desjardin had to be nervous at the inaction and as a first year GM he didn't need the **** storm that Glenn was kicking up.  Don't know what it would have taken but the Bombers clearly had lots of expendable assets at their disposal as many of them are no longer with the club.  How about Watson, Volny, Cauchy, Suber and the rights to Chris Matthews....something like that would have looked good to Ottawa and would have had little effect on were the Bombers are now....just speculatin'

Garbage x4 is still garbage...  Desjardins wanted a first round pick for Glenn and he eventually got it.  I full believe if we wouldn't have had 2nd overall, we would have traded for Glenn.  Ottawa would have held onto him until mid-season before getting 'nervous'...

• 4 weeks later...
Looks like Lulay is on the mend.  Lions apparently wanted to have Lulay start practising this week but have to wait as they are learning how the new rule works.

News1130 Sports ‏@News1130Sports 1d

#BCLions gm Wally Buono lobbied the CFL to let qb Travis Lulay practise this week but the league said no.

Apparently you have to wait till after the 5th game missed before you can practise.  i.e. 2 weeks before the game you are eligible.

Looks like Lulay is on the mend.  Lions apparently wanted to have Lulay start practising this week but have to wait as they are learning how the new rule works.

#BCLions gm Wally Buono lobbied the CFL to let qb Travis Lulay practise this week but the league said no.

Apparently you have to wait till after the 5th game missed before you can practise.  i.e. 2 weeks before the game you are eligible.

Practicing and playing at a high level are two different things. His arm strength is suspect right now and that's the bottom line.

Practicing and playing at a high level are two different things. His arm strength is suspect right now and that's the bottom line.

Apparently getting stronger every day.