GDT: Toronto @ Winnipeg

Rich

Game could go a variety of ways.  Just saw on the other site some nut decided to make a thread wondering when the boo birds would come out.  Can these people just quit trying to stir the pot like that?  I mean, it could be a blow out tonight and they still wouldn't come out from me, just from the fact that building a team back up from 3-15 involves a lot of things that don't change in just 1 week.  It's a mentality we're trying to change, and I get the feeling from seeing preseason play, that much work has been done already to try and fix that mentality, but going up against the big established dogs is gonna take a little trial and error to fix that one.

Idk, I'm just all for cutting O'Shea enough rope before I jump to conclusions about him.

Booing this season would be absolutely ignorant by anyone unless Osh just shits the bed completely, which I don't think he will.  I'm not saying we're going to win a lot, but I think we'll be more competitive.  Like Bluto said, it will take a year before this team will really start to mesh.

I wish I didn't have a sinking feeling about this game.

don't.

this is the dawn of the rebuild that the Bombers should have begun several years ago. the Wade/Kyle/Osh thing needs a year to gain traction and momentum. yeah, i know you've heard that refrain several times over the last 2 decades... and that the emotional stamina required to willingly get on the same roller coaster that has made you nauseous over and over is immense (i am a Leaf fan after all)... but the aggregate of the Bomber's moves since Miller came on board (and put Walters in place, and hired O'Shea and allowed him to have a dozen other coaches) has got to have you looking at the team's trajectory and believing in it. (heck... i do)

I'm more unsure than ever.

don't.

this is the dawn of the rebuild that the Bombers should have begun several years ago. the Wade/Kyle/Osh thing needs a year to gain traction and momentum. yeah, i know you've heard that refrain several times over the last 2 decades... and that the emotional stamina required to willingly get on the same roller coaster that has made you nauseous over and over is immense (i am a Leaf fan after all)... but the aggregate of the Bomber's moves since Miller came on board (and put Walters in place, and hired O'Shea and allowed him to have a dozen other coaches) has got to have you looking at the team's trajectory and believing in it. (heck... i do)

Bluto, I see this as a team that wins 5-6 but is competitive, Willy establishes himself as a legit starting QB, Gossen and Neufeld become good NI pieces on the OL and we start building a nase. You?

WINNIPEG 93 TORONTO 2 (we concede a safety out of pity)

DREW WILLY 38 of 39 (he threw one into the stands to try and hit a guy harassing an innocent female and broke the guy's arm with the toss) for 912 yards and 8 touchdowns

NIC GRIGSBY 377 yards rushing

ZACH ANDERSON 12 sacks

RICKY RAY 1/22 12 interceptions -7 yards passing

CHRIS RANDLE 6 interceptions, 6 more tipped balls to other teammates for interceptions

WINNIPEG 93 TORONTO 2 (we concede a safety out of pity)

DREW WILLY 38 of 39 (he threw one into the stands to try and hit a guy harassing an innocent female and broke the guy's arm with the toss) for 912 yards and 8 touchdowns

NIC GRIGSBY 377 yards rushing

ZACH ANDERSON 12 sacks

RICKY RAY 1/22 12 interceptions -7 yards passing

CHRIS RANDLE 6 interceptions, 6 more tipped balls to other teammates for interceptions

Bryant Turner Jr. - 8 Sacks (with his pinky toe....on the same play)

Well, Dave and I decided to buy a case of Winnipeg beer for this afternoon, so we found some Half Pints Li'l Scrapper IPA at a Calgary liquor store. Seems appropriate to drink the 'Toba booze today and salute the boys. #GOBLUE

bee-tee-dubs, I'm some kinda excited to join the chat room tonight with a good buzz on...woo...

don't.

I'm excited overall, but that doesn't mean I think tonight is going to end well.

don't.

Bluto, I see this as a team that wins 5-6 but is competitive, Willy establishes himself as a legit starting QB, Gossen and Neufeld become good NI pieces on the OL and we start building a nase. You?

yeah, 5-7 sounds right. and i've said elsewhere that you may have to wait for a few of those until the arse end of the schedule when your remaining opponents have already clinched. my hope is that Willy gets at least 14 starts and progresses as the year goes on.

don't.

yeah, 5-7 sounds right. and i've said elsewhere that you may have to wait for a few of those until the arse end of the schedule when your remaining opponents have already clinched. my hope is that Willy gets at least 14 starts and progresses as the year goes on.

We were just talking here about how it is a foreign concept for us to expect a qb to play the majority of games in a season... In my mind if Willy starts 14+ games it's a huge win for the team just because it means we have a qb we can at least somewhat rely on.

Speculation on the 1290 pre-game show is that Burke will bring the house on pretty much every play- early and often. They felt that the Bomber best hope would be to play a ball-control game, but with a very questionable running threat with Grigsby, that was judged to be very unlikely.

Does it ever feel good being on the right side of a blow-out. Congrats to Coach O'Shea and the team. I think we all knew things were going to be different when the Bombers got the TD on their first possession. And how about these stats:

Time of possession - Wpg 36:03, Toronto 23:57

Sacks allowed: Wpg 1 (all hail Bob Wylie), Toronto 1

Penalties: Wpg 7 for 72 yards, Toronto 22 for 163 yards

Rushing yards: Wpg 28 attempts for 132 yards, Toronto 8 attempts for 42 yards (what were those comments about the Argos' RBs being tuckered out from running so much)