Any ticket Sales Update?

Paul Wiecek@PaulWiecekJun 26 4:14 pm

Bombers have sold 24,778 for tonight's home opener as of 4 p.m; barring huge walkup will be worst attended Bombers game ever at IGF

I think we have to give it a few games b4 people believe.

I've only missed 2 games since 2001 and I'm not sure what to expect.....and that's with the blue googles on :lol: .

Those end zone seats are just not worth it. What do they cost now? They are terrible seats

I agree, a massive mistake was made by having so many seats in the end zones.

Having priced them at P5 was another mistake, should have been P7 or at most P6's in the corners then P7's in the endzone.

Paul Wiecek@PaulWiecekJun 26 4:14 pm

Bombers have sold 24,778 for tonight's home opener as of 4 p.m; barring huge walkup will be worst attended Bombers game ever at IGF

Ouch!

That doesn't sound good at all, I was honestly hoping for at least 30k for the home opener.

Not even at 25K yet? That's just brutal. Not Toronto brutal, but still pretty bad.

Less than 30,000 fans showed up for both of Saskatchewan's preseason games combined.  After a Grey Cup year.  Worst fans in the league.

For 2 meaningless games. There will be well over 30K for the Rider opener.

Not even at 25K yet? That's just brutal. Not Toronto brutal, but still pretty bad.

Less than 30,000 fans showed up for both of Saskatchewan's preseason games combined.  After a Grey Cup year.  Worst fans in the league.

Sell out, though?  Nah... doubt it.

All the attendance figures were down this year though. Here in Edmonton the crowd was crappy too - though I don't now how many went, I wasn't there either. So I wouldn't judge the crowd on the pre-season. Not being in Wpg - I'm wondering if the lousy crowd (so far) has as much to do with the logistics of getting in and out of the Stadium as much as the product on the field? I've read it's 'better' but that doesn't mean it's 'good'. 

And if I were Wade Miller, I'd offer the public a half price sale for the first game of the year (too late now I know) including a rebate to season ticket holders as an apology to last year's travesty of a team. Believe it or not, that's what pissed me off more than anything. Seeing all those great fans who paid their hard earned money, and put up with the logistics of getting to and from the game, week after week, to watch that pathetic excuse of a football team. I still maintain that those fans are the best in the league, as the stadium kept selling out week after week. It wasn't until the last couple of home games that I saw empty seats (on TV) and frankly, I don't blame the fans this year. 

To those that are going - I wish you are thoroughly entertained. A win would be nice but I just hope I hear more cheers than groans :)

Seems like it didn't take long for the curious observers to jump back on board of the good ship  Blue Bombers.  WBB Football Club announced it sold more tickets before 10 am today than it did all day Wednesday of this week. 

It's just going to get louder EJ :o  :o  :o  :o

hey did you delete my post? Come on if we can't curse out a **** talking rider fan here then what's the point?

Mike deleted both of our posts, because it was turning into a flame war. Fair enough.

I apologize if I sounded like the Riders were superior over Winnipeg. That wasn't my intention. In fact, until Atomic brought them up, I wasn't even going to mention the Riders.

Everything's all good, OK? I meant no harm. 

Sell out, though?  Nah... doubt it.

Yeah, they're not even close to a sell out at this point.

Heard anywhere from just shy of 25,000 to 26,000 were sold for the game. Not sure the exact count but let's say it was 25,500. Canad Inns only held 29,533. If we were still playing there 25,500 doesn't seem so bad. I know they now have a bigger debt to pay but being able to draw above 24,000 under all the circumstances I feel is decent. With all the extra fan things Wade is doing its all generating more and more money. I think if they can keep the numbers above 24k for the season they should be fine.