Bob Mackenzie's Tweet Gets Twits Tizzy Regarding Kane

I like it, it's about time to change up the core of the group

Kane,Toby,Pav,Slater,Buff... they can all go if a good deal is found.

Same group outside of 2 players (3 including frolik) for the past 4 5 seaons now, not good enough. Good enough to get the 7th-9th overall pick in every draft though.

Change is coming, we should all be happy for it. 

How would we feel about Kane for Brayden Schenn?  Im not a Flyers fan and not overly familar with Schenn but I believe he's a year younger than Kane, similar size.  Kane has better numbers.  Schenn is a centre.  Im not sure where Schenn tops out at.  Is he a top six centre?  3rd liner?  What else could be added to make that deal work?

I will also add that Schenn is from Saskatoon and played for the Wheat Kings.

How would we feel about Kane for Brayden Schenn?  Im not a Flyers fan and not overly familar with Schenn but I believe he's a year younger than Kane, similar size.  Kane has better numbers.  Schenn is a centre.  Im not sure where Schenn tops out at.  Is he a top six centre?  3rd liner?  What else could be added to make that deal work?

Philly would have to add to make it work, perhaps a guy like matt read or even just their draft pick. Jets wont trade Kane unless they get what they want in return.. Schenn,Read and a 1st is probably what it would take. 

Philly would have to add to make it work, perhaps a guy like matt read or even just their draft pick. Jets wont trade Kane unless they get what they want in return.. Schenn,Read and a 1st is probably what it would take. 

I think that trade proposal was a lot closer just with Schenn straight up than with Read and a 1st as well but if Philly actually considered this , I think it would be great, can't see it happening though.

seems winnipeg fans tend to undervalue the players we have and over value the players we don't have. Kane is a 22 23 year old who scored 30 goals a couple years ago, prorated the lockout year would have had 30 or so and last year was injured and if not still would have had 30 more than likely. 30 goal scorers dont grow on trees. You don't give those guys up for anything less than an overpayment, if a team wants kane that bad, then they will have to offer what the jets want. If they don't, Kane stays a Jet. We don't need to trade him. He's under contract for 5 years at a very good cap hit. 

seems winnipeg fans tend to undervalue the players we have and over value the players we don't have

bullshit. Jets fans are some of the biggest homers I've ever seen. 

I think casual fans over value Jets.  The more hardcore fans (like most of us) undervalue Jets players.  Kane is very under valued by a lot of people who give undue weight to his weaknesses.  I would counter, yeah he's got some weaknesses and STILL put up 30 goals and is still the talent he is.

seems winnipeg fans tend to undervalue the players we have and over value the players we don't have

LOL, you just hate all things WInnipeg, Go check out hfboards and look at the leafs oilers canucks flames fans trade proposals then get back to me. 

LOL, you just hate all things WInnipeg, Go check out hfboards and look at the leafs oilers canucks flames fans trade proposals then get back to me. 

yeah I read that board all the time, Jets fans can and do out homer anyone there.