Who gets cut first

Brandon

The way I see it is Tarver, Garvin, J. Johnson, Fraser, and Barnes are easy picks to say are gone. I wasn't a big fan of Tate either...

I think you will see a couple of surprise vets could be cut, among those I have a feeling Volny could be on the bubble, Dunn is not far behind him. Now regarding Suber, I thought he was getting picked on as well and I like how Markett played so there is someone to replace him. That being said I think that Walters could probably ship Suber somewhere for some possible NI talent. Just my two cents

I doubt they will cut Wild and Stephan, the latter because when he is healthy does pretty well on special teams and the former because he is really talented. When Kuale is back I'm sure they will slide Wild over

Stephan is only good on the first 4 weeks of the season. ;) I actually see him slowed down and kinda limping after the chase on that Argo's last TD.

I cant recall any TC reports that Wild is being looked at WIL position. If they slide him to WIL, I'll say he will get his starting spot back and put Dunn on the bubble.

Suber had a rough game and would be in trouble if he had 2...which is why I'm expecting him to be lights out vs Calgary.

Also Lol @ suggesting Wild would be cut.

moab has been pushing some pretty crazy ideas on this forum for some time now

from wild being cut to the 3 import oline and di'ing an import oline also.

Suber had a rough game and would be in trouble if he had 2...which is why I'm expecting him to be lights out vs Calgary.

Also Lol @ suggesting Wild would be cut.

moab has been pushing some pretty crazy ideas on this forum for some time now

from wild being cut to the 3 import oline and di'ing an import oline also.

I'm not the only one suggesting Wild is in the bubble. Even media covering the Bombers suggest that too. Not saying they are right.

But it wont be the first time that a former Bombers ROY is cut by the new regime.

Correction. I didn't suggest 3-import O-line. I did suggest 2-Imp O-line plus a DI import OL.

Maybe it's a crazy idea but seriously, with how the  backup NI OLs played last night, I dont think it's not.

for me the vets that are on the bubble....

Wild (unless they move him back to WIL)

Suber

Stephan

Penser

Kowalczuk

Volny

Renaud

I've only reviewed the 1st quarter so far, but Wild looks pretty damn good.  He made a couple great open field tackles where backs/receivers would have had a lot of space if he didn't get them down, and he didn't get carried for extra yards either.  I think you gotta figure out a way to use him, whether it's where he played yesterday or somewhere else.

Suber got picked on pretty badly in the 1st quarter by mostly rookie CFL receivers, he couldn't seem to disrupt their routes.  To the point I've gone over the game again, Suber and Banks have both looked like crap, Banks covering turf not men and not really involved in any plays positively.

simple question, how old is banks? is he at that age where he could be perhaps going downhill a bit? 

i mean really ,wally traded him for kito poblah, not saying much when you trade a guy for a backup to a backup canadian receiver.

simple question, how old is banks? is he at that age where he could be perhaps going downhill a bit? 

i mean really ,wally traded him for kito poblah, not saying much when you trade a guy for a backup to a backup canadian receiver.

I guess he could get a pass for being a veteran and dogging it a bit last night, but he's also supposed to be the tone setter, a big reason why he was added.

He was either not going 100% or always a step behind, and whiffed on a few tackles that should have been routine.

Wally was really really desperate. He could have cut Banks outright but he got a 3rd, 4th or 5th cdn WR for him. Poblah was crap in Wpg. but BC might give him an environment to be mediocre to average. 15 to 24 receptions would be a good return for a guy they were gonna get rid of anyways!

Banks is also gonna find rhetoric only gets him so far. Ask Do or Die or Noeller about this. If he's trying to slither by in Etch's system by hiding behind better players hoping they'll make the plays he's got another thing coming. Even at 35 he might be our best reputation DB (after Washington, of course)

Tarver is the only consensus cut I've noticed. Wonder if Pencer is another bubble player although his ginormity and citizenship might grant him at least 1/4 season before Walters has to pull the ejection seat. If a young, fresh giant can't take over from a fading, washed out mediocrity like Steve Morley then we gots problems!

Thought Morley was fine at centre, thought goossen was fine too. 

Pretty tough to get a actual legit breakdown of the oline without knowing exactly what they were supposed to be doing out there.

On some plays, sure it looked like pencer maybe messed up but... i don't think we can say for certain that he did. Maybe another guy on the oline missed their assigment.

Canadians won't be getting cut any time soon though. We lack canadians, we aren't gonna be cutting a bunch after 1 pre season game.

Really, look at the roster, most cuts (if there even are any by next game) will be in positions which have a bunch of guys... 

DB's,Receivers, A couple import oline, saulsberry i dont think serves a purpose anymore with morley and goossen looking decent yesterday. Peterson is another. Heck Jarvis Jones didn't even look that good.

Just want to add, if any canadian oline is in trouble right now, it's probably chris kowalczuk (sp??), he really serves no purpose anymore, i'm not sure he ever did but with morley and goossen showing decently last night, CK could be let go.

Wouldn't shock me if we released a couple vets too, (renaud,suber come to mind as guys who could be in trouble) (dunn is another)

But i'm not convinced we make any cuts b4 next game. Its on saturday. That's a pretty brutal pre-season schedule for the bombers, played last night and play like 5 days from now too. Tough.

Edited by Goalie

Korey Banks won't be cut, but Desia Dunn or Suber could be. Kenny Tate didn't look very good to me, neither did CJ Taver or Jaymar Johnson(although I did have fun saying his name). Pencer has continuously struggled, but his passport, draft position and being a position of need probably keep him employed another year at least. 

Rewatched a good chunk of that game... I think Pencer is toast.  He was schooled on the sack - no excuses... not getting upfield much

And... well, Jesse Peterson and Dale Stevenson appear to be ahead of both Pencer and Neufeld on the depth chart as tackles.  Peterson looked 'okay'...

Rewatched a good chunk of that game... I think Pencer is toast.  He was schooled on the sack - no excuses... not getting upfield much

And... well, Jesse Peterson and Dale Stevenson appear to be ahead of both Pencer and Neufeld on the depth chart as tackles.  Peterson looked 'okay'...

I'm not ready to panic yet, but Neufeld and Pencer had better start showing up because Goossen is still a raw rookie but he is showing promise. I am keeping the panic button real close by, though.

I doubt Stevenson is even close to where Neufeld is on the depth chart but he's an NI so even if he is, I really don't care.