The TV Thread

Seeing all these TV series announcements, I went looking for an update on the Greatest American Hero reboot and was saddened to learn ABC declined after the pilot.  Its too bad as it seems timely and the lead, Hannah Simone, was great on New Girl.   The original series is one of my earliest TV memories.

4 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Seeing all these TV series announcements, I went looking for an update on the Greatest American Hero reboot and was saddened to learn ABC declined after the pilot.  Its too bad as it seems timely and the lead, Hannah Simone, was great on New Girl.   The original series is one of my earliest TV memories.

Tvline has a scorecard for revivals and reboots but i cant remember if i shared it

On 2018-11-08 at 8:13 PM, iHeart said:

Tvline has a scorecard for revivals and reboots but i cant remember if i shared it

The West Wing would be a timely revival.  I've read its being talked about and the idea was the current President calling upon Bartlet for advice.  I read they were having trouble making sense of using many of the other actors though.

It would be interesting if they made it a commentary on Trump with an alt right President in the White House.  Perhaps Sam Seaborn could be a Senator trying to keep the GOP President in check.  Multi-season arc with Seaborn running for President (maybe ends up as VP Candidate), the Dems win and they have a "new world" to try to fix.

I loved West Wing, even as a conservative.  Great show.  

NBC has announced the first wave of performers of AGT Champions. 

https://tvline.com/2018/11/16/americas-got-talent-the-champions-cast-susan-boyle-full-list/

so yeah as you can see in the link Susan Boyle will be competing

https://tvline.com/2018/11/16/supergirl-jon-cryer-lex-luthor-season-4/#comment-list-wrapper

interesting considering he has played Luthor's newphew in Superman 4

Edited by iHeart

Anyone watching Survivor anymore?  I used to watch it avidly and then over the years would pop in every few seasons.  I watched the current season because Johnny Nitro (Mundo/Impact) was on.  And holy smokes is it entertaining.

Last night's tribal council was tremendous with multiple twists.

27 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Anyone watching Survivor anymore?  I used to watch it avidly and then over the years would pop in every few seasons.  I watched the current season because Johnny Nitro (Mundo/Impact) was on.  And holy smokes is it entertaining.

Last night's tribal council was tremendous with multiple twists.

This is one show my wife and I always watch.  Very entertaing season so far... last night's episode was great, showed how both the game and the players continue to evolve from season to season.

20 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

This is one show my wife and I always watch.  Very entertaing season so far... last night's episode was great, showed how both the game and the players continue to evolve from season to season.

I was literally cheering at my TV.  It was a pretty detailed plot that all had to come to fruition and the good guys did it.  

53 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I was literally cheering at my TV.  It was a pretty detailed plot that all had to come to fruition and the good guys did it.  

They really played it perfectly (as they did in the previous episode) to get everything they needed to go there way.  The other guys had no clue what just happened... again.

TV updates.

The Walking Dead had its mid-season finale.  This season has been a vast improvement over the last 2-3.  I know many people were ready to check out (or did check out because ratings had fallen a lot).  But man...the mid-season finale death was a bit rough.  And the time jump after Rick's exit was a bit unrealistic.  But its back to being character-driven.

Can the Connors survive without Roseanne?  Its waaaay funnier without Roseanne.  Although they seem to have forgotten about the kids this year and the focus is on the adults.  A love interest for Darlene, pregnancy for Becky, Dan dealing with his wife's death.  But its really good.  I think Lecy Goranson (Becky) is highlight this season.  Not only does she seem a far better actor than she used to be, her character gets most of the funny lines.

Does anyone watch Blue Bloods?  Its quietly hit, what, 9 seasons?  And its still pretty good.  Its actually remarkably consistent in tone and quality.  

There's a new Star Trek Discovery ad out with Spock speaking...looks all action this season.

5 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

TV updates.

The Walking Dead had its mid-season finale.  This season has been a vast improvement over the last 2-3.  I know many people were ready to check out (or did check out because ratings had fallen a lot).  But man...the mid-season finale death was a bit rough.  And the time jump after Rick's exit was a bit unrealistic.  But its back to being character-driven.

Can the Connors survive without Roseanne?  Its waaaay funnier without Roseanne.  Although they seem to have forgotten about the kids this year and the focus is on the adults.  A love interest for Darlene, pregnancy for Becky, Dan dealing with his wife's death.  But its really good.  I think Lecy Goranson (Becky) is highlight this season.  Not only does she seem a far better actor than she used to be, her character gets most of the funny lines.

Does anyone watch Blue Bloods?  Its quietly hit, what, 9 seasons?  And its still pretty good.  Its actually remarkably consistent in tone and quality.  

There's a new Star Trek Discovery ad out with Spock speaking...looks all action this season.

I just not see a need for the time jump myself and a crap way to get rid of Maggie by not doing/showing anything.