The TV Thread

On 2018-10-18 at 4:59 PM, iHeart said:

My Money is on Supernatural....or one of the NCIS's or one of the Chicago civil servant shows (the article says it's a drama from one of the big 5 networks and the person leaving is an original cast member) I want to say Grey's as well but everyone is thinking Ellen Pompeo

https://tvline.com/2018/10/18/blind-item-original-cast-member-out-at-long-running-drama-series/

well tvline has eliminated FOX from the clues so that leaves the CW and the other three

Finished Making A Murder.  Anyone else finish it yet?

It definitely ends a bit anti-climatically because Dassey and Avery are both still in prison.  Dassey had his final appeal denied.

- One big thing in the finale was an interview with the country coroner.  By law, when a body is found, the coroner or medical examiner have to be called.  She heard about the body on the news and when her staff began contacting her for a game plan.  They knew they were obligated to attend the scene.  She was never contacted.  She called the lead Detective and asked what was up and he blew her off.  He said he didnt have to tell her anything.  She said she'd be going to the scene.

The next day, the Sheriff calls her in and tells her if she goes near the scene she will be arrested.   On the show, she pointed out that as Coroner, she's the highest ranking officer in the county and can actually arrest the Sheriff but she was intimidated.  She said she received calls from several people telling her to "leave it alone" and that there was a $36 million law suit by Avery to deal with.

So the implication being the cops didnt want the coroner, an independent third party to view the remains at the scene and several people connected this to the fact Avery had a lawsuit (which is the motivation for county officials to frame Avery).  The coroner resigned six months later saying she was afraid to keep doing the job.  She was called as a defense witness in the trial and they showed video of the DA staring a hole through her as she took the stand.  As soon as she began asking a question, the DA objected, they dismissed the jury and the judge ruled her testimony was irrelevant.

- Avery's original defense team missed a couple of things.  As the new lawyer was going through evidence lists, she saw an evidence numbering system that piqued her interest (Im not sure why) and her team investigated and found reports from the medical examiner of human remains found in other locations.  The DA's theory relied on remains being found in Avery's burn pit.  Not only was his fire not capable of cremating a body, there were bones found south-west of Avery's property on county land.  At the trial, the DA brushed it off claiming no expert on the planet could determine if they were human or not.  That was not true.

In the report, it clearly says those remains were human.  And the new lawyer found additional human remains (bones) found in two additional locations on county land.  They had evidence of cut marks, indicating dismemberment.  This is important because it destroys the theory that Teresa was killed in the Avery garage and burned in the fire at Avery's home.  Her remains were found, mostly, on county property.  It supports the defense theory that a few bones were tossed in the Avery fire pit to frame him.

- Perhaps most egregiously, Bobby Dassey's (Brendan's brother) computer was searched by cops and found numerous photos of dead girls and a crazy list of search terms (lots of under age girls, dead girls, knife in skin etc).  The DA actually deceived the defense on this.  During pre-trial, both sides meet to agree on certain facts so they dont have to call witnesses.  The DA sent a memo to the Defense saying the cops analyzed the computers of BRENDAN Dassy, not Bobby and that there was "nothing of evidentiary value" found and thus, they didnt need to call the cop who did the analysis.

Think about this...if the computer was Brendan's and they found all those photos and search items, the DA would absolutely use it because it totally screws Brendan.  But it was BOBBY's computer.  The DA told the defense it was Brendan's and nothing was found because they knew the Defense would consider that a good thing and move on.

Not only was it NOT Brendan's computer but of course what was found had evidentiary value because it undermined the credibility of Bobby.  At the trial Bobby testified that he saw Teresa enter Avery's home.  That was undermined by other witnesses.  Avery always said that Bobby was home when Teresa arrived but left right after she did.  Why would Bobby lie?  

Well, the new lawyer got the report on Bobbys computer and an evidence trail showing it had been kept by the lead detective, in his possession and kept hush hush.  Why would the detective, confronted with evidence that points at Bobby, want to hide that?  Because it pointed away from Avery.  And now you have a means to convince Bobby to tell a lie on the stand.

During the show, they had audio of a phone call between Barb (Brendan & Bobby's mom) and Avery when she found out the lawyer was pointing the finger at Bobby and Scott (her husband and Bobby's step father).  She was irate but in her tirade admitted Bobby always said he never saw Teresa walk to Avery's trailer (but he said he did, on the stand).  They even had an affidavit from another brother swearing Bobby told him he saw Teresa leave the property.

Remember, where the independent witness said he saw Teresa's car off the highway was right where Bobby was going hunting the night she disappeared.

And credence to this, Avery didnt throw Bobby under the bus.  He always said he didnt see Bobby follow Teresa.  He said Bobby's truck was home when Teresa arrived and when she left, Avery walked into his trailer, dropped off a magazine Teresa gave him and walked back out and Bobby's truck was gone.  He said he could see Teresa's car near the end of the long road leaving the area.  If he wanted to point fingers, he'd say he saw Bobby following her.  He didnt.  He only said Bobby's truck was gone.  Testing showed there was a dip in the road that, if Bobby had followed Teresa, Avery wouldn't have seen his truck on the road.

It seems insane to think the cops did all this.  But the evidence doesnt lie.

17 minutes ago, iHeart said:

Looking forward to the Deadwood film especially with the entire cast back.

So its not a spoiler to say that this past episode of The Walking Dead was Rick Grimes' last (it was AMC's marketing tag all season).

But...

Spoiler

Rick didnt die.  He blew up the bridge to destroy a horde and everyone thinks he died.  He was found by Jadis who called in the chopper and they both left

I think the episode description for next week gives it away as well, but...

Spoiler

The episode ended with a 5-6 year time jump

TWD has been very good this season.  I had all but given up on it but its been solid.  They have also revealed a "TWD Universe" development - 3 big budget movies to air on AMC featuring 

Spoiler

Rick Grimes

7 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

So its not a spoiler to say that this past episode of The Walking Dead was Rick Grimes' last (it was AMC's marketing tag all season).

But...

Reveal hidden contents

Rick didnt die.  He blew up the bridge to destroy a horde and everyone thinks he died.  He was found by Jadis who called in the chopper and they both left

Reveal hidden contents

TWD has been very good this season.  I had all but given up on it but its been solid.  They have also revealed a "TWD Universe" development - 3 big budget movies to air on AMC featuring 

Reveal hidden contents

Rick Grimes

has AMC ever done TV movies? but then again the network hasn't been in canada as long as the channel has existed

54 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

But...

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Rick Grimes

I enjoyed it. This season has been pretty good so far, IMO. I'm looking forward to what's next.

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

But...

Hide contents

Hide contents

Hide contents

Rick Grimes

Unless I'm hearing voices...

Spoiler

Talking Dead is more then a tv show.

24 minutes ago, iHeart said:

and apparently since Rick Grimes is getting 3 movies why shouldn't Breaking bad (number of movies may vary)

https://tvline.com/2018/11/06/breaking-bad-movie-revival-vince-gilligan/

Its a real shame James Gandolfini died (for many reason).  You just know Sopranos would be ripe for the pickings in the new age of content is king & revivals.   At least we get a prequel movie.

3 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Its a real shame James Gandolfini died (for many reason).  You just know Sopranos would be ripe for the pickings in the new age of content is king & revivals.   At least we get a prequel movie.

Yes I know we all want to know what happened after the screen went black suddenly