The TV Thread

GAME OF THRONES!

First four episodes were leaked last weekend.

Harumph! Harumph! Harumph! 

I pvred the first episode, haven't watched it yet, don't know if I even want to watch this season. Everything I've seen indicates they've gone on the "what source material?" kick and every time they stray from the books it ******* sucks. Show runners have a pretty bad history, they just lucked out getting such great material to work with initially. Now having said that I read the books long before it was ever an HBO show and I'm a big believer that books are almost always better than the film adaptations. 

TL:DR I have no faith in the show to do justice without the books to guide them. GRRM write faster you fat bastard!

I am digging the show, but I've only read the first book. I actually read slower than GRRM writes, so I haven't got it in me to read a multi-thousand-page fantasy series.

The first book and the first season of the show are very similar, but starting in season 2 they started making all sorts of crappy changes. I understanding changing things for TV, but they went too far and really dumbed things down and did a ton of whitewashing. 

Netflix, the world’s leading Internet TV network, has ordered a 13-episode season of a new multi-camera comedy from Warner Horizon Television, Miller-Boyett Productions and Jeff Franklin Productions. Fuller House is the long-awaited sequel to the iconic hit series Full House. Created by original Full House creator Jeff Franklin, Fuller House will premiere exclusively across all Netflix territories in 2016.

Candace Cameron-Bure, Jodie Sweetin and Andrea Barber are set to star in Fuller House, with fellow Full House star John Stamos set to produce and reprise his original role of Uncle Jesse as a guest star in the new show. Discussions with Full House stars Bob Saget, Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, Dave Coulier and Lori Loughlin regarding guest appearances in Fuller House are ongoing.

In Fuller House, the adventures that began in 1987 on Full House continue, with veterinarian D.J. Tanner-Fuller (Cameron-Bure) pregnant and recently widowed, living in San Francisco. D.J.’s younger sister/aspiring musician Stephanie Tanner (Sweetin) and D.J.’s lifelong best friend/fellow single mother Kimmy Gibbler (Barber), along with Kimmy’s feisty teenage daughter Ramona, all move in to help take care of D.J.’s two boys — the rebellious 12-year-old J.D. and neurotic 7-year-old Max — and her soon-to-arrive baby.

Cindy Holland, Vice President of Original Content for Netflix said:

“As big fans of the original Full House, we are thrilled to be able to introduce Fuller House’s new narrative to existing fans worldwide, who grew up on the original, as well as a new generation of global viewers that have grown up with the Tanners in syndication.”

In a joint statement, executive producers Robert L. Boyett, Thomas L. Miller and Jeff Franklin said:  

“The continued support of Full House fans of all ages for the last 28 years has been astounding. It is an honor and a thrill to catch up with these beloved characters and explore their lives today. The love you saw on the show was real. The cast has remained a loving family off screen all these years. We are as excited as our fans to finally bring Full House back to life.”

Fuller House is from Miller-Boyett Productions and Jeff Franklin Productions in association with Warner Horizon Television for Netflix. Robert L. Boyett, Thomas L. Miller and Jeff Franklin are the executive producers of the series, which was created by Franklin. John Stamos is a producer.

zomg full house the return???  my oh my what craziness the cast members have lived since its disappearance from tv.  I dont have any kinda hope, in a confession I admitted i watched boy meets world when I was younger, and girl meets world where they are now the adults to their own kid it was a hot steamin pile of disney dook.  Cant see fuller house being much better, todays kids wont have any connection and most of us have drastically changed tastes and interest since full house was relevant.

I heard Walking Dead has a spin off called Fear the Walking Dead,  not sure where its being aired, but its supposedly set in LA leading up to the zombie apocalypse, tho its said the writers have no interest to explain the origin and its break out,  so looks like it might just be a filler of same ol same ol until season 6 of Walking dead in mid oct. starts up.

I binge watched game of thrones seasons 1-4,  shows ok i guess, im starting to get disappointed with S5, but Im still waiting for something to happen to the the point of anger, from the other side of the wall or from across the narrow sea.... its like Clerks 2 and randall's interpretation of Lord of The Rings trilogy. ugh

In last few months i've watched all 5 seasons of walking dead, all 7 seasons of Sons of Anarchy, all 4 seasons of Game of Thrones + 2 episodes of Season 5,  all of season 1 of Daredevil... running out of shows lol.  tried gotham but to much inconsistency,  like Bruce wayne is a kid so this has to take place a few decades ago if not even longer yet they are using flip phone cells, n other things seem far too modern for the time its supposed to be.  Has anyone watch Spartacus?   any other suggestions?

Fuller House could be good.  You make a strong point though that the audience that remembers it wont like it anymore (probably) so they need to reach a new young audience.  But being on Netflix, maybe they could make it R-rated.  I know, never happen.  But that would be friggen priceless.  Bob Saget could just be himself.  The middle daughter could be a sex addict.  Etc. 

Fear The Walking Dead begins this summer.  Im intrigued but I dislike the idea that we wont learn more about the virus.  I do want to see how the world fell apart though and see if they can explain that logically.  In Walking Dead I always thought there had to be some command and control remaining.  Didnt an fighter Jet fly over in Season 2?  And I never understood why they werent wanting to go to Washington in the first place.  If there is command and control, thats a good place to start.  If not, well, go break into the White House because there will be food, water, protection, weapons, etc there. 

Sons or Anarchy was good.  Not great.  Not Sopranos-level goodness, but good.

In Season 1 there is a helicopter that flies thru downtown Atlanta. other then that seems like season 2 sends them towards texas vs virginia enroute to Fort Benning.  the walkers kinda chase them towards the greene farm,  then eventually even further mainland iirc.

Military was often seen destoryed and in ruin,  like the first episode when rick wakes up in the hospital.  Survivors that eventually armed themselves and made camps were as close to an army as it got

Netflix, the world’s leading Internet TV network, has ordered a 13-episode season of a new multi-camera comedy from Warner Horizon Television, Miller-Boyett Productions and Jeff Franklin Productions. Fuller House is the long-awaited sequel to the iconic hit series Full House. Created by original Full House creator Jeff Franklin, Fuller House will premiere exclusively across all Netflix territories in 2016.

Candace Cameron-Bure, Jodie Sweetin and Andrea Barber are set to star in Fuller House, with fellow Full House star John Stamos set to produce and reprise his original role of Uncle Jesse as a guest star in the new show. Discussions with Full House stars Bob Saget, Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, Dave Coulier and Lori Loughlin regarding guest appearances in Fuller House are ongoing.

In Fuller House, the adventures that began in 1987 on Full House continue, with veterinarian D.J. Tanner-Fuller (Cameron-Bure) pregnant and recently widowed, living in San Francisco. D.J.’s younger sister/aspiring musician Stephanie Tanner (Sweetin) and D.J.’s lifelong best friend/fellow single mother Kimmy Gibbler (Barber), along with Kimmy’s feisty teenage daughter Ramona, all move in to help take care of D.J.’s two boys — the rebellious 12-year-old J.D. and neurotic 7-year-old Max — and her soon-to-arrive baby.

Cindy Holland, Vice President of Original Content for Netflix said:

“As big fans of the original Full House, we are thrilled to be able to introduce Fuller House’s new narrative to existing fans worldwide, who grew up on the original, as well as a new generation of global viewers that have grown up with the Tanners in syndication.”

In a joint statement, executive producers Robert L. Boyett, Thomas L. Miller and Jeff Franklin said:  

“The continued support of Full House fans of all ages for the last 28 years has been astounding. It is an honor and a thrill to catch up with these beloved characters and explore their lives today. The love you saw on the show was real. The cast has remained a loving family off screen all these years. We are as excited as our fans to finally bring Full House back to life.”

Fuller House is from Miller-Boyett Productions and Jeff Franklin Productions in association with Warner Horizon Television for Netflix. Robert L. Boyett, Thomas L. Miller and Jeff Franklin are the executive producers of the series, which was created by Franklin. John Stamos is a producer.

This just sounds like a copy of the original.

so rereading fuller house, its the current lives of DJ, Stephanie and Kimmy Gibbler? (I think that's who barber is off top of my head) with uncle jesse thrown in there for a few have mercy's? lol I might watch it once but unless the rest sign on too its just not gonna be the same plus I wanna see uncle joey get caught makin out with the olson twins cuz hes *spoiler alert* not really their uncle

I have never had the desire to watch Breaking Bad. Should I?

I never had the desire to watch Sons of Anarchy either but decided to go for broke and watched every season.

Someone tell me why I will love Breaking Bad.

Watch the first episode or two. You will likely get hooked. The characters pull you in. Won't say much more then that, but their evolution over the coarse of the series was very well done.

I never had the desire to watch Sons of Anarchy either but decided to go for broke and watched every season.

Watch the first episode or two. You will likely get hooked. The characters pull you in. Won't say much more then that, but their evolution over the coarse of the series was very well done.

I trust you Rich!  I will add it to the list.

Still have to watch Daredevil.  Thinking of trying Bloodlines too.

I trust you Rich!  I will add it to the list.

Still have to watch Daredevil.  Thinking of trying Bloodlines too.

If you need a little action now, go with Daredevil first, you won't regret it. As for Breaking Bad, it is fantastic but the pace was a little slow for me.. at first... it takes off, though. Well worth the time.