The TV Thread

Here's what I don't get. Why would DC have a TV show about The Flash when they are going to make movies with a different Flash?

I dunno...it's DC.  They aren't exactly very smart when making movies outside of the Batman franchise.

Quoted for the truth!

To be fair, they do seem to be making some strides in the right direction but they still make some head scratching decisions.  I'm still trying to get my head around Khal Drogo/New Conan as Aquaman.

I had trouble with this until I saw the promo shots.  He looks great.

I agree, he looks bad ass, he just doesn't look like the Aquaman that I remember as a kid (the orange & green suit).  I was never a big Aquaman guy so I missed the 90's comics version they are basing Momoa's look on.

The color in the photo was also on the dull side, I'm guessing we'll see a bit more of that color come out in the movie.  The photo almost looked like he has white and black hair, but I think it's actually black with blond streaks.  And I believe the green and yellow or orange on the armor will shine through a bit brighter as well.

To me (if you know comics) he looks more like he'd be better suited for Marvel's Namor then DC's Aquaman, but that's just me.  I'm not a big fan of his acting, but I'm sure he'll do fine.

I agree, it also looks to me like they're heading in the right direction...I hope.  I love Marvel more then DC, but I hope things work out for DC because I'd love to have a different genre of superhero movies to watch.

Gotham on Monday nights, Mercer/22 Minutes and SHIELD/Agent Carter on Tuesday nights, Nashville, Criminal Minds, Law and Order: SVU on Wednesday nights, Big Bang on Thursday nights, Saturday Night Live on Sat nights, and lots of curling, hockey, Blue Jays, and CFL, too. We watch a TON of TV and will never understand the cable cutters...

Gotham on Monday nights, Mercer/22 Minutes and SHIELD/Agent Carter on Tuesday nights, Nashville, Criminal Minds, Law and Order: SVU on Wednesday nights, Big Bang on Thursday nights, Saturday Night Live on Sat nights, and lots of curling, hockey, Blue Jays, and CFL, too. We watch a TON of TV and will never understand the cable cutters...

I hear ya.  I have way more channels then I ever watch just in case something is on I want to watch.  here's my go-to:

Monday Night Raw (usually on FF these days)

Mindy Show

New Girl (waning)

Goldbergs

Modern Family

SVU

Black List

Dateline Fridays

Blue Bloods

Walking Dead

Good Wife

True Detective

The Affair

Game of Thrones

Also, watched Young & Restless since I was 15 and stopped last year.  Heard they had a new head writer and started watching again recently.  Its improved.

Netflix hasnt won me over yet but we maintain an account for occasional movie watching and Orange is the New Black.  I like House of Cards too.

Had a buddy cancel his Netflix and drop his cable down a lot and got Shomi (or whatever it's called). 

Other than the Friends binge we're in the middle of right now, we never use Netflix unless we're completely out of ideas and extremely bored. Almost never use it...but for $8/month or whatever, why not have it, just in case......??

Waiting for Netflix to role out more can't miss programming.  They really need to take advantage of their anything-goes position and create some really good adult programming like OITNB.  House of Cards is good.  Nothing else they've done has interested me.  I know there is a new comedy coming out Im looking forward to.

If you're even a little bit tech savy, run XMBC off a computer that you can hook up to your TV (or buy a box that runs it), install a few select addons and you're set.  No need for cable or netflix as anything & everything can be found on there.

We mostly use Netflix for the kids, but we'll sometimes use it during the summer when there's nothing else to watch.  Also, for those who don't know, the new Daredevil TV show will be airing on Netflix only in April.  It will be a part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe for those of you who care (as in, it won't be split off like DC's tv shows).  They won't cross over for a while, from what I've heard, but they will make reference to the other characters in the MCU.  They will start with Daredevil, then the next show will be Jessica Jones, then Power Man and lastly Iron Fist (all made for Netflix).  They will then team up the 4 characters into the Defenders tv show which will also air on, you guessed it, Netflix.  They haven't started shooting Jessica Jones so I'm guessing these will only come out every 6 months or so, but they air all the shows all at once, so you can binge watch them if you want.  Daredevil will have 13 episodes I believe, 1 hour long each.

We mostly use Netflix for the kids, but we'll sometimes use it during the summer when there's nothing else to watch.  Also, for those who don't know, the new Daredevil TV show will be airing on Netflix only in April.  It will be a part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe for those of you who care (as in, it won't be split off like DC's tv shows).  They won't cross over for a while, from what I've heard, but they will make reference to the other characters in the MCU.  They will start with Daredevil, then the next show will be Jessica Jones, then Power Man and lastly Iron Fist (all made for Netflix).  They will then team up the 4 characters into the Defenders tv show which will also air on, you guessed it, Netflix.  They haven't started shooting Jessica Jones so I'm guessing these will only come out every 6 months or so, but they air all the shows all at once, so you can binge watch them if you want.  Daredevil will have 13 episodes I believe, 1 hour long each.

This is the way to do it.  Its almost a self contained universe but still exists within the greater MCU.

Can't see that happening. Government missed the boat if they wanted to regulate and tax Internet. Over The Top is the way it's all going to be eventually.

All Netflix has to do is say they will either back out of canada or raise prices significantly and the CRTC will be taken down by rioting public with torches and pitch forks. I don't think there is any stomach on behalf of the Feds to allow the crtc to do this.

The Wire was a FANTASTIC show.  It had its ups and downs like any series, but the storyline really was captivating and I loved the dialogue.

Breaking Bad was better (even though it was great) watching it the second time to grab a lot of the idioms and symbolism.  I'm a big Aaron Paul fan.

The Walking Dead has incredible writing.  The story line has been somewhat predictable so far, but I am thinking they are going in a bit of a different direction currently, and I like it.  The character development is amazing. 

I skimmed through this thread and surprised there wasn't much (if any) mention of Homeland.  Definitely a show worth making more mention of.

Also, why no love for Entourage?

The Wire was a FANTASTIC show.  It had its ups and downs like any series, but the storyline really was captivating and I loved the dialogue.

Breaking Bad was better (even though it was great) watching it the second time to grab a lot of the idioms and symbolism.  I'm a big Aaron Paul fan.

The Walking Dead has incredible writing.  The story line has been somewhat predictable so far, but I am thinking they are going in a bit of a different direction currently, and I like it.  The character development is amazing. 

I skimmed through this thread and surprised there wasn't much (if any) mention of Homeland.  Definitely a show worth making more mention of.

Also, why no love for Entourage?

Huge Entourage fan....stoked for the movie. Trailer looked amazing....

Gotham!

It's too violent, but makes up for it with the story lines, costumes, wacky and frightening characters, dialogue and acting.

Oswald Cobblepot is genius I tells yah…

Gotham!

It's too violent, but makes up for it with the story lines, costumes, wacky and frightening characters, dialogue and acting.

Oswald Cobblepot is genius I tells yah…

And you know the critics have been shitting on it non-stop! Alls I know is, the old lady and I enjoy it every week. Definitely too gory/graphic for my tastes, but I've been a big Ben McKenzie fan for a long time, enjoy Donal Logue, and yes, Robin Lord Taylor has been an awesome Penguin!

It's liberating man, cutting the hypnocord.  For someone who used to be in media, it's funny how I have moved away from most of it.  Except MBB hahaha.

The wife and I find we don't have much time for t.v. anyways.  We just find stuff to do.  Plus, when you stare at screens all day it's nice to rest the eyes.