The TV Thread

Is Tori Spelling THAT desperate, though granted I hadn't seen any of the cast in anything for years, with the exception of Ziering, we all know what he's been doing

I would be perfectly fine with this if they completely retconned the events in the 2008 series (seriously they split Donna and David, they had Dylan abandon Kelly) I mean if the show did ANYTHING right it got Doherty and Garth talking to each other again....NICELY!!!!

https://tvline.com/2018/12/20/beverly-hills-90210-revival-original-cast-returning-new-details/

Edited by iHeart

1 hour ago, iHeart said:

Is Tory Spelling THAT desperate, though granted I hadn't seen any of the cast in anything for years, with the exception of Ziering, we all know what he's been doing

I would be perfectly fine with this if they completely retconned the events in the 2008 series (seriously they split Donna and David, they had Dylan abandon Kelly) I mean if the show did ANYTHING right it got Doherty and Garth talking to each other again....NICELY!!!!

https://tvline.com/2018/12/20/beverly-hills-90210-revival-original-cast-returning-new-details/

Wouldn't that be something? A 90210 reunion because Tori is desperate for money. And not too ironically, the person who would benefit most would be her stepmom, who gave Tori nothing after her father passed away. 

2 minutes ago, JCon said:

Wouldn't that be something? A 90210 reunion because Tori is desperate for money. And not too ironically, the person who would benefit most would be her stepmom, who gave Tori nothing after her father passed away. 

but then again come to think of it she was absent from the 2003 reunion special

well the season finale of Murphy Brown aired tonight so let's recap 

On 2018-01-24 at 9:10 PM, FrostyWinnipeg said:

No reason. No reason at all. This is DOA.

got picked up, did it's run

On 2018-01-25 at 7:59 AM, Logan007 said:

Considering it lasted 11 seasons...depending on how they revive it, I think the odds are in its favor.

Edit: It could end up being a totally different show.  Especially if there's no laugh track, and like Noeller said, being about current politics and social media.  There isn't really anything like that on TV right now.

they even spoofed Alexa in one eisode

On 2018-01-24 at 9:44 PM, iHeart said:

CBS did say that the revival would see Murphy Brown "return to a world of cable news, social media, fake news and a very different political and cultural climate."

I don't remember much fake news being covered much

On 2018-01-25 at 12:46 PM, iHeart said:

I'm not sure Bergen had plastic surgery, I mean I do know that she was a feminist in the 70s (I don't know if she still is, did she do any marching last week or last year?) and who knows who she'll thumb her nose at here compared to 26 years ago (I hope we'll see her son too in the reboot)

well I was right we got lots of Avery in the reboot following in his mother's footsteps, working at the wolf network which was a spoof of FOX news

They say its a reboot but with the original cast members.  Which is weird.  The original cast members wont be playing highschool students so whats the point?  I think they mean a revival that maybe ignores what happened in the CW revival.  Though it mentions some of those cast members could return too.