The TV Thread

18 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

I just not see a need for the time jump myself and a crap way to get rid of Maggie by not doing/showing anything.

To a degree I understand a time jump to show us beyond the struggle and show us an Alexandria that is thriving (since it was all but destroyed in the Negan war).  But it would have made more sense over the hiatus and a smaller jump (say 2 years).  But I guess they wanted Judith aged up.

8 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

TV updates.

The Walking Dead had its mid-season finale.  This season has been a vast improvement over the last 2-3.  I know many people were ready to check out (or did check out because ratings had fallen a lot).  But man...the mid-season finale death was a bit rough.  And the time jump after Rick's exit was a bit unrealistic.  But its back to being character-driven.

Can the Connors survive without Roseanne?  Its waaaay funnier without Roseanne.  Although they seem to have forgotten about the kids this year and the focus is on the adults.  A love interest for Darlene, pregnancy for Becky, Dan dealing with his wife's death.  But its really good.  I think Lecy Goranson (Becky) is highlight this season.  Not only does she seem a far better actor than she used to be, her character gets most of the funny lines.

Does anyone watch Blue Bloods?  Its quietly hit, what, 9 seasons?  And its still pretty good.  Its actually remarkably consistent in tone and quality.  

There's a new Star Trek Discovery ad out with Spock speaking...looks all action this season.

it seems that they focus more on Mark than any of the other kids, I'm kind of more concerned about Muprhy Brown's ratings, I mean I'm disappointed that people aren't watching, there have been a couple of good episodes #MurphyToo is one

6 hours ago, Wideleft said:

Because it's an anthology, some of the short stories are better than others.  Because the Coen Brothers made it, it's better than most things you're going to see on TV.  Now on Netfix.

I started to watch it .....sorry ..just couldn't....might have appeal to some ,but not to me.

14 hours ago, iHeart said:

it seems that they focus more on Mark than any of the other kids, I'm kind of more concerned about Muprhy Brown's ratings, I mean I'm disappointed that people aren't watching, there have been a couple of good episodes #MurphyToo is one

They havent seemed to focus much on him either and he's a pretty darned adorable kid.  I guess playing it safe by focusing on the stars.  Looks like next week is a Harris episode though.

On ‎2018‎-‎11‎-‎22 at 7:11 AM, The Unknown Poster said:

Anyone watching Survivor anymore?  I used to watch it avidly and then over the years would pop in every few seasons.  I watched the current season because Johnny Nitro (Mundo/Impact) was on.  And holy smokes is it entertaining.

Last night's tribal council was tremendous with multiple twists.

we watch it.  Last night was ok, but the week before was really good.  Saw the axe coming for Carl, it's always those who think that they are safe who get chopped.

21 hours ago, iHeart said:

We've been watching Murphy Brown too.  It's weird that Avery is all grown up now.  I like that he is on the "Wolf" Network, as it pits mother and son against each other idealism-wise, but they still find a way to live together and get along.

8 hours ago, Noeller said:

Murphy Brown officially got the axe yesterday... 

Connors has been great. Roseanne was dead weight.... Goodman and Metcalfe are amazing as always and carry the show. 

Who thought that Murphy Brown would work? That's like bringing a 72 year old Sam Malone back to manage the Cheers bar again? Long time bachelor Sam tries to put the moves on the recently widowed 68 year old Diane Chambers & pulls a back muscle. No one wants to see that.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

7 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Who thought that Murphy Brown would work? That's like bringing a 72 year old back to manage the Cheers bar again? Long time bachelor Sam tries to put the moves on the recently widowed 68 year old Diane Chambers & pulls a back muscle. No one wants to see that.

Golden Girls was a very popular show.