The TV Thread

On 2023-05-12 at 12:11 PM, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

You're missing out. There is some mighty fine story telling in video games these days...

Last of Us

Last of Us 2

God Of War

God of war Ragnarock

Red Dead Redemption 2

Ghost of Tsushima

Mass Effect Series

Pick up a PS5 and substitute one or two of your least favourite shows with a game or two. 

With the kids, and an otherwise busy life, I just finished BTOW after only 6 years...lol. Picking up Tears of the Kingdom today for my Switch....I'm good until next decade.

1 hour ago, Fatty Liver said:

Watching two excellent new series, "White House Plumbers" with Woody Harrelson and Justin Theroux, and "Waco: The Aftermath", the follow-up to the Waco series that came out in 2018, which was also very good.  A lot of familiar faces in both series, very well cast.

Anyone who detests these movies and criticizes the actors should remember, the dictum:" Let he who is without sin stone the cast first">

so I'm hearing that the Futurama revival is going to be on Disney+....and yet the service is pulling some of it's own titles for strange "Strategic thinking related reasons"

here's a list of titles that got removed Howard (the doc about Howard Ashman) will not be among them now due to popular demand

https://deadline.com/2023/05/disney-remove-series-streaming-disney-plus-hulu-big-shot-willow-y-dollface-turner-hooch-pistol-1235372512/

for those that don't want to click on the link (I can't believe they quietly cancelled World According to Jeff Goldblum):

Big Shot [Disney+]
Turner & Hooch [Disney+]
The Mysterious Benedict Society [Disney+]
The Mighty Ducks: Game Changers [Disney+]
Willow [Disney+]
The Making Of Willow [Disney+]
Diary of a Future President [Disney+]
Just Beyond [Disney+]
The World According to Jeff Goldblum [Disney+]
Marvel’s Project Hero [Disney+]
Cheaper by the Dozen remake [Disney+]
The One and Only Ivan [Disney+]
Stargirl [Disney+]
Artemis Fowl [Disney+]
The Princess [Disney+]
Encore! [Disney+]
Black Beauty [Disney+]
Clouds [Disney+]
America the Beautiful [Disney+]
Better Nate Than Ever [Disney+]
Weird but True! [Disney+]
Timmy Failure [Disney+]
Be Our Chef [Disney+]
Magic Camp [Disney+]
Earth to Ned [Disney+]
Foodtastic [Disney+]
Stuntman [Disney+]
Disney Fairy Tale Weddings [Disney+]
Wolfgang [Disney+]
It’s a Dog’s Life with Bill Farmer [Disney+]
The Real Right Stuff [Disney+]
The Big Fib [Disney+]
Rogue Trip [Disney+]
More Than Robots [Disney+]
Shop Class [Disney+]
Pick the Litter [Disney+]
Own the Room [Disney+]
Among the Stars [Disney+]
Harmonious Live! [Disney+]
Pentatonix: Around the World for the Holidays [Disney+]
Y: The Last Man [FX/Hulu]
Pistol [FX/Hulu]
Little Demon [FX/Hulu]
Maggie [Hulu]
Dollface [Hulu]
The Hot Zone [Nat Geo/Hulu]
The Premise [Hulu]
Love in the Time of Corona [Hulu]
Everything’s Trash [Hulu]
Best in Snow [Hulu]
Best in Dough [Hulu]
Darby and the Dead [Hulu]
The Quest [Hulu]
Rosaline [Hulu]

Edited by iHeart

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Noeller said:

thoughts on the Succession series finale? Definitely not how I thought it was going to go, but as with the entire series, it was executed so well. Hell of a 90 minutes...

1 hour ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

I loved it. I feel like it ended the only way it could, to be honest.

Please no spoilers. I finally got caught up but likely won't get the finally in until the weekend.

1 hour ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

I loved it. I feel like it ended the only way it could, to be honest.

No spoilers, but I was really surprised that ___________________ ended up "taking the throne". But the sibling love at mom's house contradicted with the scrap at the office seemed just so brilliantly perfect. And that final scene, overlooking the ocean..... heartbreaking. 

Sorry @Noeller, I just felt really let down with that ending. 

The entire series was building to that point, and it was totally anticlimactic.

also, totally called the ending. Told my wife 3 episodes into this last season who would "win" and what roles some of the peripheral characters would. 

I also called the "twist". Including the reason... 

So yeah- I felt let down with that last episode.

Edited by Wanna-B-Fanboy

I loved Succession, brilliantly written and fantastically brought to life by the actors but of course I was mad all the way thru it with how crappy these characters were in their own gross way and how closely it probably resembles some real life gross humans we currently have walking this planet.

I know I suck the fun out of everything. 

5 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

So sad that there will be no more new Barry's.  The last season felt rushed (but entertaining).  A great way to go out.

I loved the final season. My goodness is Anthony Carrigan an absolute delight.... and Stephen Root doing Stephen Root things, just dominating virtually every scene he's in. Hader proving yet again that he's a genius who is so much more than what he showed on SNL. He's a real cinephile and is currently working on a horror movie, which (and I'm not into horror movies) I have no doubt is going to be incredible. When Guillermo Del Toro is singing your praises and willing to pop in for a cameo, you know you're doing things right...

Stumbled upon "Smartless:On the Road" which is a 5 episode doc. following the road tour of the popular Smartless podcast hosted by Will Arnett, Jason Bateman and Sean Hayes, interesting guests and a lot of easy laughs.

Interesting to discover Will Arnett has some real MB. roots even though he grew up in T.O., both his parents were originally from MB. and he spent summers in the province with his grandparents growing up.  He also mentioned working 4 months replacing sewer lines under Wpg. streets, so he must of spent time in the city as an adult.  His father was a corporate lawyer, who served as the president and CEO of Molson Breweries from 1997 to 2000, so at no point was Will ever slumming it.

Also discovered Jason Bateman is a bit of a freak.

Edited by Fatty Liver

Lasso finale was spectacular... the ending a show that great deserves. This final season has been full of some amazing moments, and I believe, a couple of the best episodes of the series entire run. I laughed SO hard last night watching the finale, and had moments where I thought I might cry. It was beautiful, with all the feels, without being melodramatic and obvious. Brilliant swerves and tied up loose ends nicely. 

5 hours ago, Noeller said:

Lasso finale was spectacular... the ending a show that great deserves. This final season has been full of some amazing moments, and I believe, a couple of the best episodes of the series entire run. I laughed SO hard last night watching the finale, and had moments where I thought I might cry. It was beautiful, with all the feels, without being melodramatic and obvious. Brilliant swerves and tied up loose ends nicely. 

I laughed more than I cried which based on what I heard earlier in the day I was a little surprised. One of the reasons I need to watch it again is that I didn't think the loose ends were nicely tied and felt that ones that had been previously tied got untied last night.

Is the door open for a return or spin off? Sure feels like it right now.