The TV Thread

37 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Apparently the reason that Henry Cavill is no longer in the new season of The Witcher is that he, being an avid gamer, refused to go along with the new storyline that deviated substantially from the video game scenarios.

good thing he has since found warhammer

25 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

Watched the first episode of Shrinking last night on Apple TV+. My wife and both really enjoyed it and had several moments if audible laughter or chuckles. 

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt15677150/

I'll watch pretty much anything featuring one of Judd Apatow's people, so I've been looking forward to this one. Hoping to get around to it on the weekend...

On 2023-02-01 at 2:29 PM, Noeller said:

I'll watch pretty much anything featuring one of Judd Apatow's people, so I've been looking forward to this one. Hoping to get around to it on the weekend...

Aw, you look that up then you see Jason Segel and then you remember how great Dispatches From Elsewhere started and how badly it ended.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

21 minutes ago, iHeart said:

I don't know they can even come close to the manic portrayal and semi-demented character interplays of the original. I get a belly-laugh every time I watch my DVD series of that show.

2 hours ago, iHeart said:

Curious loophole that they don’t get paid because they aren’t “writers” as everything is improv. But the show is now being sold overseas and to cable. Wonder if they could claim copyright infringement for the unauthorized usage of their “intellectual property” without fair compensation as a way around it. 

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Not sure if I've posted about this yet, but "Shrinking" with Jason Segel and Harrison Ford is pretty good. It's not quite Lasso good, but it's really good. I think there's 4 eps so far...

Haven't watched ep 4 yet, but it does get better with each episode.  A solid series so far.