The TV Thread

You know I'm starting to wonder if Dahmer got on netflix because F/X thought it was too dangerous to be an American Crime Story season, god knows what serial killers they'll focus on next (I mean they won't do Cunnan because that was an American Crime Story season)

https://tvline.com/2022/11/07/the-watcher-renewed-season-2-release-date-netflix-cast/

https://tvline.com/2022/11/07/a-million-little-things-cancelled-no-season-6-abc-release-date-video/

Edited by iHeart

the Night Court revival has a premiere (three networks revealed their midseason lineup I should post them)

https://tvline.com/2022/11/07/nbc-schedule-midseasn-2023-magnum-p-i-season-5-release-date/

https://tvline.com/2022/11/07/abc-schedule-2023-midseasn-the-rookie-tuesday/

and the Masked singer is already renewed (hey the show is fun to watch but I'm wondering how they'll change the format next season they do this every season they keep changing the format and the rules)

https://tvline.com/2022/11/07/911-lone-star-season-4-release-date-fox-midseason-schedule/

On 2022-11-04 at 3:38 PM, FrostyWinnipeg said:

So Westworld ends with a Whisper. Raised by Wolves ends without anything. 

I never cared much for Raised With Wolves. I watched the first season but didn't like for the second. I also liked LaBrea until this season. AFAIK, it's really gone off the rails. Pet Peeve: People from LA fall into a massive sinkhole & go back 10,000 years. The people who live there back then not only look like us but talk like us as well. That is just really bad sci fi writing. 

On 2022-11-14 at 6:41 PM, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Did anyones DVR record Yellowstone last night? Mine showed no new eps but apparently was on.

I missed the fist episode. Looking forward to watching Stallone's Tulsa King. I'm pvr'ng the series so I don't screw up like I did with Yellowstone. 

On 2019-09-30 at 12:42 PM, iHeart said:

because of course it's going to be renewed Netflix would know better than to cancel something that got 40 mil views on the first day

https://tvline.com/2019/09/30/stranger-things-renewed-season-4/

So......

Reveal hidden contents

I wonder how they'll pull this off because the season ended with the Byers's moving to who knows where and taking Eleven with them because Hopper may be dead but there are strong hints that suggest that he's a prisoner of Russians(I'm guessing alive but has amnesia just to shake things up), I'm guessing all the kids will be joining them for thanksgiving or something if it's not going to take place in Hawkins. I Imagine that they'll still be singing Neverending Story or something or other

I kind of wish they kept it that way

Spoiler

Nevermind what happened to Eddie, it peeves me off that the brats that picked on El got away with the torment, why did Eddie have to die but Angela and her cronies lived #NoJusticeNoPeace

On 2019-10-03 at 10:04 AM, iHeart said:

and I have heard from Air farce's twitter account it's due to CBC budget cuts.....what could possibly be so important at cbc (besides HNIC) that the Air Farce NYE specials have to be the sacrificial lamb?

okay I won't lie, I have felt that the NYE specials have kind of gone downhill since 2015, I'm not saying this because of politics on either side of the border, and I'm not saying this because Roger Abbot died 8 years ago (they still managed to pack in some good ones even without him) or because they got rid of the  Chicken Cannon, it's somewhere in the material (to be honest I kind of thought they missed some opportunities with the 2011/2012 Not New Years Eve special)

Maybe I was wrong in some parts, after visiting many sketches, it made me realize with Abbotts death in 2011 several sketches had to be retired (most notably A Canadian Moment, and News from Away....there's no way Critic at Large would have worked in this day and age anyway but I'm sure they could have offed Gilbert Smythe Biteme by saying "he died after finding something on W that he liked (hey if you saw as many sketches as I have it would make the most sense)

• 2 weeks later...
On 2022-11-19 at 3:54 AM, SpeedFlex27 said:

I never cared much for Raised With Wolves. I watched the first season but didn't like for the second. I also liked LaBrea until this season. AFAIK, it's really gone off the rails. Pet Peeve: People from LA fall into a massive sinkhole & go back 10,000 years. The people who live there back then not only look like us but talk like us as well. That is just really bad sci fi writing. 

I missed the fist episode. Looking forward to watching Stallone's Tulsa King. I'm pvr'ng the series so I don't screw up like I did with Yellowstone. 

Enjoying Tulsa King so far, as long as they keep the premise light I think it will continue to be good, but if Stallone wants to take it to a darker level like the Sopranos with excessive violence and death it will lose some of it's appeal.

14 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Enjoying Tulsa King so far, as long as they keep the premise light I think it will continue to be good, but if Stallone wants to take it to a darker level like the Sopranos with excessive violence and death it will lose some of it's appeal.

Yeah, I like Tulsa King. Stallone's playing his character Dwight Manfredi like his Rocky character. Kind of tongue in cheek & funny. Which Stallone fans love. There'll be some dark moments I believe but I can't see that as taking anything away from the series as I think it'll be a hit. It's a gangster/mafia show so there'll be guys getting whacked.

As for Yellowstone Season 5, like WTH??? Where is it? It's supposed to be on the Paramount Network right now but they're only showing replays of older episodes. I don't get what is going on with the Paramount Network. AFAIK, the show hasn't been moved to Paramount +. Why they say new episodes are being shown but aren't doesn't make any sense.

39 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

The Sopranos was a league of its own IMO. I have the DVD box set ,which I've watched several times. But I agree with you. I hope Tulsa King stays on the lighter side.

well duh who would want to watch him now

https://radaronline.com/p/dr-oz-producers-blowing-off-doctor-no-show-desperate-lost-senate-race/

oh and Pluto TV launched in Canada today, I should be excited but I would have been happier if they had picked up some VH1 shows from the past (I was so happy when Pluto tv US picked up the Surreal Life) but they have some classic tv I'm watching Beverly Hills 90210 right now

Edited by iHeart

Wife and I started watching the new version of Criminal Minds the other night and I'm really digging it. Was always a fan of the original (though it was at it's best with Patinkin, Gibson and Moore), and this version (being streaming only) has lost the language censors and is dropping f-bombs all over the place. The dialogue is how people actually talk, and I suspect would talk in these situations. Have really enjoyed the first two episodes so far, and am looking forward to the next 8 or so. 

4 hours ago, Noeller said:

Wife and I started watching the new version of Criminal Minds the other night and I'm really digging it. Was always a fan of the original (though it was at it's best with Patinkin, Gibson and Moore), and this version (being streaming only) has lost the language censors and is dropping f-bombs all over the place. The dialogue is how people actually talk, and I suspect would talk in these situations. Have really enjoyed the first two episodes so far, and am looking forward to the next 8 or so. 

Which channel and time? Can't find it.

4 hours ago, Noeller said:

Disney+ (via their Star subsidiary)...  new ep every Friday. Due to being on streaming now, they're a lot looser with the language and stuff. It's quite good...

This looks promising!  I hope they don't make the mistake and have every episode dealing with the drama within the unit and focus strictly on the cases and the crimes.    That's what derailed the original Criminal Minds and original CSI from what made those series special in the first place. 

22 minutes ago, Brandon said:

This looks promising!  I hope they don't make the mistake and have every episode dealing with the drama within the unit and focus strictly on the cases and the crimes.    That's what derailed the original Criminal Minds and original CSI from what made those series special in the first place. 

So far the thing I like best is that it's not a procedural Case Of The Week style.... It's one over arching storyline for the whole season.