The TV Thread

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

Tim Allen is a shallow mental midget who happened to fall into the lead role on a popular sitcom. He is a convicted drug dealer who escaped jail by informing on his customers and suppliers. He was also convicted of flying a (private) aircraft while drunk a few years ago. 

I'm not a Tim Allen fan but this sounds like sour grapes and a weak attempt at making it seem like he lucked out in Hollywood.   The guy has been really successful and I'd put his criminal convictions at the far lower end scale of what a typical Hollywood celebrity illegal activities.    

it's hard to do, but Tim Allen is an example of where I need to separate his entertainment work from his personal politics. I have read some quotes from him that absolutely disgusted me, and I don't think much of him as a member of the general society. But.... I loved Home Improvement when I was a kid, have enjoyed some of his stand up in the past, the Toy Story movies are of course fantastic, and the Santa Clause movies are an important tradition in our house. So I really have to work hard to disassociate the person from the product...

4 hours ago, JCon said:

I'm glad this was no longer popular when my kids were young. Same a Barney. I did have to deal with In The Midnight Garden, for a short period. 

That show would be amazing to watch on LSD.

Highly recommend watching "The Offer", a 10 part mini-series on the making of "The Godfather", unbelievable story, very well done. 

I love this show so much!

giphy-downsized-large.gif

On 2022-10-19 at 10:13 AM, JCon said:

I'm glad this was no longer popular when my kids were young. Same a Barney. I did have to deal with In The Midnight Garden, for a short period. 

I bought DVD box sets of Yogi Bear, Huckleberry Hound, Augie Doggie and Bugs Bunny to make sure my kids were raised right.

They turned out to be very funny people.