The TV Thread

On 2022-06-03 at 5:52 PM, Fatty Liver said:

I've never watched that one, always thought it was just a network cop show.  I'm not very interested in anything fictional.

Twelve years says the show is very good. I'm a fan.  You should watch it in reruns if you're able to get a feel for the characters. Tom Sellick is very good as NYC Police Commissioner Frank Reagan. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

On 2021-03-10 at 2:02 PM, iHeart said:

kind of begs the question when was the earliest awards show in memoriam, I remember them as far back as the 2002 oscars (even though they had been doing them for awhile) and I know they didn't really do one at the 1991 Prime Time emmy awards (heck I think LIFE magazine started the tradition of Year in Review issues)

https://variety.com/2021/music/news/grammy-in-memoriam-800-people-1234923174/

Well I had one question answered when I did a recent deep dive as someone uploaded several Primetime emmy awards from 1995-2009 and apparently the emmy's started doing it in 1996, and the Oscars did it sometime in the early 90s like after the 1991 show

1 minute ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Currently binging Gotham. Mid way through season 4. This show is a hoot. How they got away with stuff for a prime time show. 

My wife and I loved it. Big fan of the guy from The OC who plays Gordon, Donal Logue as Harvey, and the guy who plays Penguin is one of the all time best at it, IMO. Just a really well done show that didn't get enough buzz because it was on a network. 

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

My wife and I loved it. Big fan of the guy from The OC who plays Gordon, Donal Logue as Harvey, and the guy who plays Penguin is one of the all time best at it, IMO. Just a really well done show that didn't get enough buzz because it was on a network. 

Holy fudge! The OC! I didn't want to google it but i knew i saw him somewhere before.

11 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Great series. Love the books too.

Yeah the books are awesome. Just to go with your username, I am a huge Ian Rankin fan also; new Rebus book out this fall😀One of the best characters in crime fiction for sure. If you like Rankin, Mark Billingham's Thorne series is great also and Peter Lovesey's Diamond series.

On 2021-07-22 at 8:08 AM, iHeart said:

MY PRAYERS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED! oh god I kept saying this was also a bad idea because no one wants to see Corrine from the Bachelor or Logan Paul in a house together (but I made that comment in 2017 so god knows who I would replace that with)

https://deadline.com/2021/07/the-surreal-life-vh1-brings-back-reality-series-1234797996/

after reading this sounds similar to the surreal life fame games, but it's a good lineup Dennis Rodman, Kim Coles, Frankie Muniz....unfortunately Stormy Daniels is also a cast member. Actually an interesting fact to bring up, I actually predicted Omarosa would be a cast member of the show didn't matter what season though

But.....will it air in Canada at all? we don't have VH1 and MuchMoreMusic is gone, well I still have a VPN

it's been nearly a year since this announcement but there is still no airdate