The TV Thread

24 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I saw Weird Al Yankovic in concert here in 1995 at the old Odeon Theatre downtown. It was a lot of fun. Amish Paradise was a hoot. 

The theatre that night was packed. Weird Al's music may be strange but he's no different from a stand up comic or comedic actor like Seinfeld. He uses music as his platform. 

https://tvline.com/2022/05/19/riverdale-cancelled-ending-season-7-cw/

and Nancy's been held over for midseason (but taken off the Friday Night Death slot oh god what if they put it up against the Masked Singer again)

https://tvline.com/2022/05/19/the-cw-fall-schedule-2022/

also I've heard from BuzzerBlog that Whose Line has been renewed

Edited by iHeart

To viewers who remember the original, this will always be Thomas Magnum & Higgins.

Tom Selleck Pays Tribute to 'Magnum P.I.' Co-Star: John Hillerman's Accent  Even Fooled the Brits – The Hollywood Reporter

Not them.

What's on TV Friday: 'Magnum P.I.' on CBS; 'La Fronter'; MLB - Los Angeles  Times

Magnum PI cancelled after just 4 seasons. This series might have had a better chance with a different name & premise. Reboots seldom work.  I knew this sweries would fail when they made Higgins female & his main love interest. 

The funny thing about the original series is how the two protaganists would play off each other every week. Higgins felt that Magnum was sloughing off the good graces of Robin Masters. It was a lot of fun. It wasn't fun watching Higgins changed to a female lead being Magnum's love interest.  I never missed an episode back in the 80's. I watched a couple of shows over the years of the new series including what turned out to be the series ender last week. 

53 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Watched every episode of Star Trek: Strange New Worlds. Showing Discovery & Picard how to get it done. Very impressed so far. Especially Thursday's episode. Fans were saying, "We want to see the Gorn". You can't as they were unknown until 10 years later when Kirk encountered them. 

Good series except for the captain sporting a 'do that would take him about two hours before he emerged from his cabin.

18 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Watched every episode of Star Trek: Strange New Worlds. Showing Discovery & Picard how to get it done. Very impressed so far. Especially Thursday's episode. Fans were saying, "We want to see the Gorn". You can't as they were unknown until 10 years later when Kirk encountered them. 

Outside of Lower Decks it’s the best of the new Trek but man they are doing tech stuff they can’t even do in Voyager. 

I guess they feel that with the way sci fi technology has changed over the years with blockbuster movies & tv, going low tech would hurt ratings. With TOS viewers could see that the Enterprise felt crowded & small with 400 crew memebers. The Bridge was compact but believable. The Enterprise in SNW seems spacious. The Bridge is huge. The decks seem to be able to hold a thousand crew. The producers of the show must have figured out that is what fans want to see, I guess.

4 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Outside of Lower Decks it’s the best of the new Trek but man they are doing tech stuff they can’t even do in Voyager. 

You may have noted that there is a very strong feminine presence in the bridge crew that was not present in any of the other series apart from the lamentable Discovery shows.