The TV Thread

42 minutes ago, iHeart said:

well it's been a long time but we finally have some SNL exit news...though not the exits we expected to hear. There will be three new cast members

https://tvline.com/2021/09/27/saturday-night-live-beck-bennett-leaving-season-47-snl/

man this seasons going to have a record number of cast members that have been there for 10+ seasons

2 minutes of opening credits :D

3 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

I'm torn on how I feel about this.  The original show was great, and the whole idea of the series playing out as a 5 act play was very different for the time when it came out.

I will probably watch it, but I have a hard time believing that new actors can live up to the characters in the original.

2 hours ago, Sard said:

I'm torn on how I feel about this.  The original show was great, and the whole idea of the series playing out as a 5 act play was very different for the time when it came out.

I will probably watch it, but I have a hard time believing that new actors can live up to the characters in the original.

I was/am a big fan of the original series and have the whole series on DVD. It gives me hope that Straczinski is involved but my enthusiasm is restrained.

I can't recommend Reservation Dogs enough. Absolutely stellar. I laugh out loud, even alone. I had to pause it a few times during the third episode because I was laughing so hard. It's on Disney+ here in Canada. Eight episodes in Season 1 (picked up for season 2, already) and they're releasing one episode a week. Episode 5 released yesterday. 

So for some odd reason Adult Swim is actually picking up Super Dave Osbourne reruns, considering that this aired on YTV back in the day, I might revisit it for nostalgia sake

I don't know why but I can't seem to remember what aired on Sunday Nights on the network 25 years ago....like in the winter and spring, I do remember that they started airing the ENTIRE peanuts specials library (minus This is America Charlie Brown (or What Have We Learned for that matter) and It's the Girl in the Red Truck Charlie Brown)