The TV Thread

https://www.thewrap.com/wheel-of-time-early-season-2-renewal-amazon/

Cannot frikken wait. WoT is dear to me. Rosamund Pike might be the perfect casting for an Aes Sedai... I believed for a long time the only way to pull off a WoT show would be via some sort of animated series, but with the success of GoT, The Witcher and so on, live action sword-and-sorcery is in high demand (and being executed well)

8 hours ago, iHeart said:

why couldn't the do a reunion movie instead? 

https://tvline.com/2021/05/25/beebo-christmas-special-waltons-movie-the-cw/

As an aside, you may not know that the Actress who played Ellen was living in Winnipeg for a time (and may still be for all I know) and involved with dinner theater. Also, the family had a son who was a total fitness freak- Gym Boy.

1 minute ago, Tracker said:

As an aside, you may not know that the Actress who played Ellen was living in Winnipeg for a time (and may still be for all I know) and involved with dinner theater. Also, the family had a son who was a total fitness freak- Gym Boy.

That is interesting to know, I'm assuming the dinner theater was Showstoppers?

On 2021-05-20 at 1:39 PM, MOBomberFan said:

https://www.thewrap.com/wheel-of-time-early-season-2-renewal-amazon/

Cannot frikken wait. WoT is dear to me. Rosamund Pike might be the perfect casting for an Aes Sedai... I believed for a long time the only way to pull off a WoT show would be via some sort of animated series, but with the success of GoT, The Witcher and so on, live action sword-and-sorcery is in high demand (and being executed well)

Thats got some great potential if its done right. I made it to book 9. but a couple of my kids read the whole series. It was a great story.

I used to be a loyal watcher of NCIS until both Agent Ziva David & then Tony left. I've tried to get back into the series again a few times but just can't do it. Another long time regular character left yesterday Agent Bishop... who replaced David. Some of the reasons thy've given fior these characters leaving over the years has just so lame & not believable at all which is why I stopped watching. With Bishop, it's because she's been training for some undercover mission the past decade so she leaked some Top Secret NSA documents back then to give her the cover of being a disgraced NCIS agent. Then they blew up the boat that Gibbs has been working on for years with him in it on a lake. he was shown floating in the water presumably dead & then magically coming back to life swimming away. I just went whatever... Now, it's becoming a fantasy procedural. Gibbs is now a zombie. I just don't get how NCIS keeps on being the most popular show on television.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

12 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I used to be a loyal watcher of NCIS until both Agent Ziva David & then Tony left. I've tried to get back into the series again a few times but just can't do it. Another long time regular character left yesterday Agent Bishop... who replaced David. Some of the reasons thy've given fior these characters leaving over the years has just so lame & not believable at all which is why I stopped watching. With Bishop, it's because she's been training for some undercover mission the past decade so she leaked some Top Secret NSA documents back then to give her the cover of being a disgraced NCIS agent. Then they blew up the boat that Gibbs has been working on for years with him in it on a lake. he was shown floating in the water presumably dead & then magically coming back to life swimming away. I just went whatever... Now, it's becoming a fantasy procedural. Gibbs is now a zombie. I just don't get how NCIS keeps on being the most popular show on television.

The show jumped the shark years ago. I gave up when Abby and Tim both typed on the same keyboard at the same time to speed things up.

Why The Secrets of Skinwalker Ranch Don’t Stay on Skinwalker Ranch. According to the owner and the lead investigator of Skinwalker Ranch, phenomena from the paranormal hotspot have followed researchers home.

History’s The Secret of Skinwalker Ranch features ongoing investigations into one of the country’s most mysterious locales.

The titular ranch allegedly experiences paranormal activity regularly from UFOs and cattle mutilations to incarnate voices and poltergeists…and sometimes several at the same time. Strange occurrences on the ranch have been the focus of several scientific investigations, including from a secretive program housed in the Pentagon. What is not as well known is that some investigators claim the paranormal phenomena follow them home. Brandon Fugal, the elusive owner of Skinwalker Ranch, spoke with Den of Geek about how what happens at Skinwalker Ranch doesn’t always stay there.

Fugal is a prominent businessman and real estate developer in Utah. He first heard about the Skinwalker Ranch at a local bookstore.

“The ranch was first brought to my attention when I was at Barnes & Noble, back in 2006, and saw Dr. Colm Kelleher and George Knapp’s book Hunt for the Skinwalker on the shelf,” Fugal says. “I actually bought it and read it on the weekend. I found it to be very interesting.”

Fugal says he didn’t think much more about the ranch until 2015 when two science advisors of another Utah real estate magnate, Robert Bigelow, approached him. Bigelow, who also founded Bigelow Aerospace, had been funding scientific investigation on the ranch since he had purchased it in the late 1990s. Kelleher was Bigelow’s lead investigator.

Fugal says he had developed a relationship with the two science advisors during “another effort that I had been involved with a decade ago.”

Why The Secrets of Skinwalker Ranch Don’t Stay on Skinwalker Ranch - Den of Geek

According to Fugal, the advisors asked him “whether I would be willing to entertain a potential joint venture or acquisition of the property for the purpose of advancing the research beyond what Mr. Bigelow had done for 20 years.”

“I disclosed to them that I was approaching the topic as a healthy skeptic and that I had never seen a UFO, ghost, or anything of the sort, and that I believe that there was most likely a natural prosaic explanation for what had been reported in the book and on the property,” Furgal says. “They were amused and shared with me the reality of what their investigation revealed. They also disclosed that the ranch had been part of a five-year Pentagon black-budget program studying the UFO phenomenon and that, although the results of that investigation remain classified and confidential – how do I say this? The phenomenon is real.”

Fugal says he is no longer skeptical that something mysterious is happening at the ranch.

9 hours ago, Tracker said:

The show jumped the shark years ago. I gave up when Abby and Tim both typed on the same keyboard at the same time to speed things up.

NCIS used to be a decent show but it's run out of ideas. After 20 seasons they should go quietly into the night. Exit. Stage left.

Oscar Isaac (Star Wars' Poe Dameron, Ex Machina) confirmed as the lead for Moon Knight. I'm not a 'MCU guy' since I've only watched a few movies and the Netflix series (Daredevil and co.) but Moon Knight was one of my favorite comic book characters. Its the nunchucks.

I just finished Mare of Easttown. It's on Crave, HBO show,  and was released as a weekly show, which has not finished. 

Wow, what a great show. Totally up my alley. 

Reminded me of The Killing but possibly better. 

Kate Winslet was amazing. Everyone in it was amazing. 

The trailer: 

well look what's coming back from the dead, are they going to bring back the OG judges (one of them being Martin Short)

https://deadline.com/2021/06/canada-got-talent-revived-simon-cowell-america-got-talent-las-vegas-1234771278/

I probably won't watch though since I quit watching the Got Talent franchise 7 years ago because I didn't like the direction it was going

https://tvline.com/2021/06/08/conan-obrien-final-episodes-guests-tbs-series-finale/

https://deadline.com/2021/06/night-court-ana-villafane-nbc-sequel-pilot-1234771650/

well I hope ya'll enjoyed WandaVision because it's likely not coming back, at least according to Elizabeth Olsen 

Edited by iHeart

11 hours ago, Tracker said:

I wonder if they will include the son who was obsessed with athletics: Gym-boy.

anyone have "powers" ? 😀 If not, I'm out!

re skinwalker, I was an Art Bell fan, he covered that. Also, deepest hole, chupa cabra, remote viewing. the important things.

Art Bell was / is my favourite live talk show. 

7 minutes ago, Mark F said:

anyone have "powers" ? 😀 If not, I'm out!

re skinwalker, I was an Art Bell fan, he covered that. Also, deepest hole, chupa cabra, remote viewing. the important things.

Art Bell was / is my favourite live talk show. 

Art Bell was something else. I loved the early days (the early days when it was broadcast here, not Art Bell's early days). For an insomniac like myself, it was pure gold. He was such a nutter and the guests were even further out there. 

From the Kingdom of Nye.