The TV Thread

5 hours ago, MOBomberFan said:

She had an eating disorder 20 years ago so now doesn't deserve to act? What are you actually saying here?

She projected a very unhealthy body image that many young women emulated. It is to be hoped that she has healed.

On 2021-03-26 at 12:32 PM, Tracker said:

Don't we have enough anorexic women on TV?

Bring back Bonanza in a reboot. Except make it today. The great great great great grandsons of Ben, Adam, Hoss & Little Joe run the Ponderosa now & they fight to keep the ranch going with evil developers & politicians trying to take away their land. Can't you just see each of them 4 riding in Ford F 150's & Chevy Silverado trucks into the picture while the theme song plays???

2 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Bring back Bonanza in a reboot. Except make it today. The great great great great grandsons of Ben, Adam, Hoss & Little Joe run the Ponderosa now & they fight to keep the ranch going with evil developers & politicians trying to take away their land. Can't you just see each of them 4 riding in Ford F 150's & Chevy Silverado trucks into the picture while the theme song plays???

Cue @Noeller with a Yellowstone recommendation. 

30 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

oh look something that would probably air on Hallmark in the US (but that's just my guess I think they air Little House or something in the US is airing Little House)

2 hours ago, iHeart said:

Confirmation of the dearth of new ideas in Hollywood.

1 hour ago, JCon said:

Cue @Noeller with a Yellowstone recommendation. 

Lasers and aliens. Gotta have lasers and aliens plus hot female aliens.

Edited by Tracker

Just now, Tracker said:

Confirmation of the dearth of new ideas in Hollywood.

here's what I was told about all this, from someone in the know: Young kids don't watch TV anymore. "Older" folks (older than Millennials/Gen Z) do still watch TV, and they want things they're familiar with...hence the reboots on TV. 

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

here's what I was told about all this, from someone in the know: Young kids don't watch TV anymore. "Older" folks (older than Millennials/Gen Z) do still watch TV, and they want things they're familiar with...hence the reboots on TV. 

Don't blame this on us old folks or I will come over there and beat you with my cane. 

Just now, Tracker said:

Don't blame this on us old folks or I will come over there and beat you with my cane. 

hey, I hit 41 last week, so I'm right there with ya......everything hurts and I'm tired all the time........and Goddamnit, I can't wait for a CSI reboot. Absolutely stoked for it...

Just now, Noeller said:

hey, I hit 41 last week, so I'm right there with ya......everything hurts and I'm tired all the time........and Goddamnit, I can't wait for a CSI reboot. Absolutely stoked for it...

But will you be able to stay awake for it? BTW: you are officially "old" until you have to start planning how you are going to stand up. Or start wondering why you are in the kitchen. The other day I actually remembered why I was in a room- it was the bathroom, but still....

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Yellowstone is not an Emmy worthy show......but Goddamnit, I like it.... every guy wants to be Rip....

I know. I was thinking about Yellowstone when I posted. It's more satire with all the reboots we see now. 

10 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Wait till you reach 65 & feel blessed you remember where the bathroom is. 

7 hours ago, Tracker said:

But will you be able to stay awake for it? BTW: you are officially "old" until you have to start planning how you are going to stand up. Or start wondering why you are in the kitchen. The other day I actually remembered why I was in a room- it was the bathroom, but still....

I was driving & I forgot where I was going. I went, "Where am I??" I was going to start panicking but then it all came back to me. Sheesh!! I talked to people my age & they went, "Oh yeah. happens to me all the time!" Which made me feel better. This has happened more than once in the past. I figured it was the onset of Dementia but nope just getting old. My brain was saying to the rest of my body, "Ha ha, I'm gonna mess with you now!!"

Edited by SpeedFlex27

11 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I was driving & I forgot where I was going. I went, "Where am I??" I was going to start panicking but then it all came back to me. Sheesh!! I talked to people my age & they went, "Oh yeah. happens to me all the time!" Which made me feel better. This has happened more than once in the past. I figured it was the onset of Dementia but nope just getting old. My brain was saying to the rest of my body, "Ha ha, I'm gonna mess with you now!!"

Dementia does have its benefits- you get to meet new people every day and you can hide your own Easter eggs- a handy tip right now.

The original CSI was fantastic and could of went on longer had they moved away from the dramatic over the top storylines that involved each of the cast members and went back on focusing on the science and cases.     

It only got real bad when each week one of the members of the unit would be kidnapped or somehow get involved personally in each case.   Similar to Criminal Minds it made the show jump the shark when it became to cheese.  

16 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Easy, Don't watch. 

But they all good! Granted LV overstayed its welcome.

gettyimages-724937731-2000.jpg

15 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

At least you not leave kids behind in back seat on 100f day.

well they are finally getting somewhere with this, I'm eager to see what they'll do considering that the Fresh Prince reunion set the bar REAL high

https://deadline.com/2021/04/friends-hbo-max-reunion-special-to-shoot-next-week-1234726772/

oh is this DIsney+'s first cancellation? (not counting Lizzie McGuire because that didn't make it to air)

https://deadline.com/2021/04/the-right-stuff-canceled-disney-plus-shopped-warner-bros-tv-1234726920/

Edited by iHeart