The TV Thread

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

I was really late to Breaking Bad, but enjoyed that. It's a tough watch at some points...way too dark for me...but I powered through. I've enjoyed Better Call Saul on Netflix as well. My wife and I re-binge How I Met Your Mother every single year. Far and away our favourite show of all time. 

I agree about Breaking Bad. Took me a couple of years before I started but it quickly became a fav. A bit dark and it really went in an unusual direction. 

Homeland was good but not for everyone. They almost ruined it. 

I don't watch sitcoms anymore. I never really got into Big Band Theory but I did watch some. 

BBT was a fantastic show until they decided that everyone needed to be in a relationship. Lame. When it was just the nerds and the one chick, it was really really funny. I always say the best years for that show were when Sara Gilbert was a semi-regular performer on the show. 

1 hour ago, bigg jay said:

I didn't watch the Wire until a few years ago and I always wonder why I hadn't heard about it sooner.  It's easily one of my favorites of all-time and it's forever changed how I pronounce the word ****! 😅

tenor.gif?itemid=5630596

Funny, that's the way my 93 year old Chinese Uncle pronounces it... 

I want a TV show where a three year old is put into a room with $50.00 worth of new toys at one end  and $1,000,000 at the other. The parents would be watching from an adjoining room through a sound-proof glass while the child chooses one or the other. 

58 minutes ago, Tracker said:

I want a TV show where a three year old is put into a room with $50.00 worth of new toys at one end  and $1,000,000 at the other. The parents would be watching from an adjoining room through a sound-proof glass while the child chooses one or the other. 

Tru dat but you didn't have to go so far in the analogy. A box of wine would have sufficed :D

2 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Tru dat but you didn't have to go so far in the analogy. A box of wine would have sufficed :D

Gotta have high stakes for maximum drama. Supplying wine to the watching parents might be a good idea, though.

So I don't know if this was mentioned yet but Punky Brewster landed YTV for it's Canadian home, well it's nice to be able to access it without Peacock. So I might sample it just for the hell of it, even though I have NEVER seen an episode of the original show (I did watch the E! True Hollywood Story for SMF...oh btw she will reprise her role in the Proud Family revival)

https://tvline.com/2021/03/04/edie-falco-hilary-clinton-impeachment-american-crime-story-cast/

8 hours ago, Noeller said:

Anybody been watching Wanda Vision? Man I expected so much more from that finale, based on the lead up episodes... 

I did. They had to wrap things up. I was satisfied. Now, onto Falcon and the Winter Soldier. 

45 minutes ago, JCon said:

I did. They had to wrap things up. I was satisfied. Now, onto Falcon and the Winter Soldier. 

I got way too caught up in fan theories and was waiting for more big picture stuff....Mephisto..XMen...at least give me a Dr Strange cameo....?? We get a Skrull and that's about it. Sigh. Ohhh welll. Hopefully Winter Soldier is good...that's the one I was most looking forward to anyhow. 

On 2021-03-06 at 8:09 AM, Noeller said:

I got way too caught up in fan theories and was waiting for more big picture stuff....Mephisto..XMen...at least give me a Dr Strange cameo....?? We get a Skrull and that's about it. Sigh. Ohhh welll. Hopefully Winter Soldier is good...that's the one I was most looking forward to anyhow. 

There was some (very subtle) hinting at Dr. Strange in the 2nd credit scene.

Really having a hard time following my shows on tv because of Covid scheduling. Blue Bloods, FBI, Chicago PD & Fire are my faves but they're so hit & miss scheduling wise. Off the air from May to mid to late November, then trying to fit 16 episodes in. play 2 or 3 shiows then a hiatus for a month or more. Come back with a show or two then a 2 week hiatus & so it goes. I find I watch less new TV. I prefer PVR'ing old western, sci fi & war movies & tv series. I never missed a BB episode but after the latest hiatus after just 2 new shows I just said **** it & tuned out. I never missed an episode in 11 years before. The networks need to figure this out. AFAIK, this is all Randy Ambrosie's fault. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

23 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Really having a hard time following my shows on tv because of Covid scheduling. Blue Bloods, FBI, Chicago PD & Fire are my faves but they're so hit & miss scheduling wise. Off the air from May to mid to late November, then trying to fit 16 episodes in. play 2 or 3 shiows then a hiatus for a month or more. Come back with a show or two then a 2 week hiatus & so it goes. I find I watch less new TV. I prefer PVR'ing old western, sci fi & war movies & tv series. I never missed a BB episode but after the latest hiatus after just 2 new shows I just said **** it & tuned out. I never missed an episode in 11 years before. The networks need to figure this out. AFAIC, this is all Randy Ambrosie's fault. 

5aeJ2Rm.jpg

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg