The TV Thread

3 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

"Should you be terrified or exhilarated at the prospect of a gene-editing tool fueling a modern-day scientific revolution? “Human Nature,” a new film on the technology, braids the tool’s promise and potential perils into a riveting double helix.

The Dan Rather-produced doc, which was directed by Adam Bolt, focuses on CRISPR-Cas9, a technique that “programs” an enzyme to seek and find a specific position on DNA, then cut the molecule at the preferred location. Scientists can then add, delete or edit the DNA.

“I can cut any gene I want,” says Jennifer Doudna, the biochemist who helped develop the technology, in the film. She seems barely able to contain her excitement."

Now on Crave (an excellent and well-balanced documentary)

latest?cb=20110323022030&path-prefix=en

^ approves

https://tvline.com/2020/05/26/american-horror-story-season-10-delayed-ahs-return-schedule/

Those Rock On! shorts must have gone rather well if they're bringing Fraggle Rock back (but I can't imagine them bringing back Doc and Sprocket, mostly because Gerard Parkes passed on 6 years ago, and I just can't picture them recasting Doc)

https://deadline.com/2020/05/fraggle-rock-reboot-series-order-apple-1202943858/?fbclid=IwAR1wbEPABEZxXGEac5NFa3-kwEm0JYpqoZXJ3UdqLU6Kb13BNbUP59Q4-sc

Edited by iHeart

1 hour ago, tacklewasher said:

As someone who recently binged a bunch of Perry Mason, that looks to be a waste of time. Might be more inclined to watch it if it wasn't Perry Mason, but it has so little to do with the TV show, it's saddening.

Bring back Murder She Wrote....  with a dark twist where Jessica Fletcher secretly murdered everyone over the years!    It's no coincidence that everywhere Jessica went someone dropped dead!  

1 hour ago, iHeart said:

Interesting.  I like SVU and I loved the original L&O.  My dream scenario is they bring back Chris Noth.  I only watched Criminal Intent for his episodes.  

Streaming has made a lot of these shows possible, especially franchises where ratings are as important as having lots of content to drive subscriptions.  CBS's strategy for Star Trek being another example.

https://deadline.com/2020/06/riverdale-coronavirus-vancouver-production-resart-cw-good-doctor-quarantine-1202953847/

well this is promising news (I think Nancy Drew was filmed in Vancouver, I really want to see what they were going to do in the intended season finale considering the major bombshell in the third last episode of the season)

Edited by iHeart

On 2020-06-01 at 3:12 PM, Brandon said:

Bring back Murder She Wrote....  with a dark twist where Jessica Fletcher secretly murdered everyone over the years!    It's no coincidence that everywhere Jessica went someone dropped dead!  

I'm pretty sure this was actually what was happening. The media or the AARP covered it all up.

Read today on my phone that Star Trek: Strange New Worlds may not debut until 2022 or even 23. That there won't be one story arc for the entire season. That the series will be episodic. A beginning & an end to each episode. Anywhere between 10-15 episodes. It will also be going away from the more darker Discovery & Picard series. That it will be more optimistic in nature. Just making it episodic thus meaning easier & more simpler plots while delving into character development will truly make this show a hit.