The TV Thread

12 minutes ago, iHeart said:

Awesome!  I'd tune into that CSI.  We started watching well into the run but caught up on the early episodes.  Began drifting away when it got a bit out there and when Peterson left, I tried it a bit but didnt last.  Peterson is always great.

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Awesome!  I'd tune into that CSI.  We started watching well into the run but caught up on the early episodes.  Began drifting away when it got a bit out there and when Peterson left, I tried it a bit but didnt last.  Peterson is always great.

CSI with Peterson was fantastic...but I'm not sure I totally understand what they're going for. Is it going to be a full series, or is it just a one-off "special" that they're doing? I'm curious because I really enjoyed that show.

Edited by Noeller

14 minutes ago, Noeller said:

CSI with Peterson was fantastic...but I'm sure I totally understand what they're going for. Is it going to be a full series, or is it just a one-off "special" that they're doing? I'm curious because I really enjoyed that show.

The show was at it's best when Peterson was in charge and when each week it was a different case which focused on the science and how they analyzed and solved the crime. 

It was so annoying later on when they had over arching story lines that were far fetched and when each week one of the cast members would be involved in a crime and it was all drama and no science.

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

CSI with Peterson was fantastic...but I'm not sure I totally understand what they're going for. Is it going to be a full series, or is it just a one-off "special" that they're doing? I'm curious because I really enjoyed that show.

I get the impression by event series they probably mean a limited episode series, like a premium series but on a network.  So maybe 8-12 episodes.  

9 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I get the impression by event series they probably mean a limited episode series, like a premium series but on a network.  So maybe 8-12 episodes.  

that makes a lot of sense...I'd be totally down for that. Sweet!

I mentioned previously my belief that revivals should always be sequels to the original.  In other words, be more like Dallas than Magnum.  Well, 30something is being revived and its a sequel with the original cast returning to support actors portraying the kids of the original parents.  I only watched the show here and there way back in the day (I think it was too mature to appeal to a young me).  Neat idea though.

2 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I mentioned previously my belief that revivals should always be sequels to the original.  In other words, be more like Dallas than Magnum.  Well, 30something is being revived and its a sequel with the original cast returning to support actors portraying the kids of the original parents.  I only watched the show here and there way back in the day (I think it was too mature to appeal to a young me).  Neat idea though.

and it'll be called Thirtysomething else

On 2020-02-11 at 2:42 PM, The Unknown Poster said:

I watched it all the time as that was my generation. My 2 sons are in their 30's & are married. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

38 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

The only thing i remember from the show is someone saying "they'll pull out."

TV was edgy even :D

The Eighties had some great cop series. One of my favourites was this one. Crime Story with the Vegas Cops vs the Vegas Mob set in the early 60's.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

6 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I loved this show back in the late 80's. The mob & the Vegas Cops going at it every week. Set in the early 60's. 

https://youtu.be/mWZCHFQwOOk

I don't even have to look at it to know it's gotta be Crime Story.

Crazy endings to both seasons.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg