The TV Thread

So, I've been watching re-runs of the original tv series, Lost In Space on Shaw's Silver Screen Classics. I was an avid watcher when it was on television back in the mid 60's. Some of the monsters freaked me out back then. But I haven't watched it in half a century. I had forgotten just how bad it was. The cheap special effects, the over the top acting by Jonathan Harris who played Dr Zachary Smith & the (now) less than scary monsters. Looking back, I feel sorry for the adult actors in that series who signed on for what was supposed to have been a serious sci fi series. But after the pilot they added Harris & The Robot. The series quickly revolved around those 2 characters along with Billy Mumy who played the 10 year old genius Will Robinson with less & less storylines about the others. Still fun to watch all these years later. 

52 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

So, I've been watching re-runs of the original tv series, Lost In Space on Shaw's Silver Screen Classics. I was an avid watcher when it was on television back in the mid 60's. Some of the monsters freaked me out back then. But I haven't watched it in half a century. I had forgotten just how bad it was. The cheap special effects, the over the top acting by Jonathan Harris who played Dr Zachary Smith & the (now) less than scary monsters. Looking back, I feel sorry for the adult actors in that series who signed on for what was supposed to have been a serious sci fi series. But after the pilot they added Harris & The Robot. The series quickly revolved around those 2 characters along with Billy Mumy who played the 10 year old genius Will Robinson with less & less storylines about the others. Still fun to watch all these years later. 

Im rewatching the Netflix show before season 2 airs. Almost 2 years since season 1 😮

Cringe worthy and not just because of Molly Parker.

1 hour ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Im rewatching the Netflix show before season 2 airs. Almost 2 years since season 1 😮

Cringe worthy and not just because of Molly Parker.

I've never seen the current tv series. She's (Parker) obviously not keeping the home fires burning on the Jupiter 2 for her husband John Robinson like June Lockhart's character did back in 1966.

K.

I've got Netflix (for the wife to watch old who-dunnits), Amazon prime for Top Gear Grand Tour and am thinking of dropping one for Disney+. Still got Cable as well. Is Mandalorian and new Marvel worth it? I bought Blu Ray on Infinity War and Endgame already. Trying to think if I can drop Netflix and not piss off the wife too bad. She has MeTV so we PVR Perry Mason, Matlock, Charlies Angels and something else already.

42 minutes ago, tacklewasher said:

K.

I've got Netflix (for the wife to watch old who-dunnits), Amazon prime for Top Gear Grand Tour and am thinking of dropping one for Disney+. Still got Cable as well. Is Mandalorian and new Marvel worth it? I bought Blu Ray on Infinity War and Endgame already. Trying to think if I can drop Netflix and not piss off the wife too bad. She has MeTV so we PVR Perry Mason, Matlock, Charlies Angels and something else already.

How you get MeTV?

Bonus posting... https://deadline.com/2019/11/sin-city-tv-series-frank-miller-robert-rodriguez-legendary-television-1202787314/

2 hours ago, tacklewasher said:

K.

If you’re on the fence one idea might be to wait until Mandalorian is fully released and then get Disney.  You get a free train for a week so you can binge it and decide if the rest of the service is worth keeping.   There is a lot on there and if I had kids I’d have it. But I don’t see a ton of must watch.  

5 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

If you’re on the fence one idea might be to wait until Mandalorian is fully released and then get Disney.  You get a free train for a week so you can binge it and decide if the rest of the service is worth keeping.   There is a lot on there and if I had kids I’d have it. But I don’t see a ton of must watch.  

No kids here either. But I'm sure my wife would watch old Disney shows.

But that's not a bad idea. Did that with Prime and then started ordering more **** from Amazon so I'm keeping that one.

1 hour ago, iHeart said:

what the heck is going on at CBC? first $chitt's creek is going to end (but 5 years is a long enough run) then Air Farce's NYE specials become victim to  budget cuts and now this? wait I think I know where all that money is going

https://deadline.com/2019/11/anne-with-an-e-end-third-season-netflix-1202794583/

My wife loves that show...