The TV Thread

28 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Speaking of Biography...it's back on A&E or did it never go away?

well we can't say it never went away considering all the reality shows and original scripted programming they had this decade, I mean if anything went away the Biography Channel did

7 hours ago, iHeart said:

so I guess it's safe to say that Big Bang had a more satisfying ending than Game of Thrones did 

Reveal hidden contents

You can't deny that the end of the young sheldon episode that followed was tear inducing, oh and btw they actually show Howard and Bernadette's kids, I didn't expect that, or that lovely acceptance speech. I knew that the final scene was going to be them eating take out food (because it didn't really look like Chinese food this time)

It was an ok ending, a little to much focus on Sheldon though IMO.   I would of liked to have seen a few more characters return such as Sheldons sister or the parents or maybe even closure on Howards dad situation.  I thought it was a meh ending.  

Just now, Brandon said:

It was an ok ending, a little to much focus on Sheldon though IMO.   I would of liked to have seen a few more characters return such as Sheldons sister or the parents or maybe even closure on Howards dad situation.  I thought it was a meh ending.  

or Penny's last name, I'm just going to pretend that it's Hennessey

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

I thought Raj got a raw deal... No real ending for him. 

https://tvline.com/2019/05/21/the-dark-crystal-premiere-date-age-of-resistance-netflix-prequel/

and to think ten years ago the network was struggling https://tvline.com/2019/05/21/ratings-tv-season-2018-2019-rankings-nbc-this-is-us-manifest/

3 hours ago, Wideleft said:

I'm 3 episodes in and it is fantastic.

2 episodes in for me.  My wife was really wanting to watch as she has a co-worker who lived close enough to get thyroid cancer from the accident when she was a young girl.  The aftermath was terrible but it's crazy to think about how bad this could have been.

Ten years late but just finished watching the Deadwood series, once adjusted to the extraneous dialogue and excessive profanity I found it very enjoyable.  Also watching two pretty good semi-modern Western based series right now "The Son" starring Pierce Brosnan and "Yellowstone" starring Kevin Costner, the usual themes are present, land, oil, Indians, cattle and money, just add toxic family environment to the mix.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

4 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Ten years late but just finished watching the Deadwood series, once adjusted to the extraneous dialogue and excessive profanity I found it very enjoyable.  Also watching two pretty good semi-modern Western based series right now "The Son" starring Pierce Brosnan and "Yellowstone" starring Kevin Costner, the usual themes are present, land, oil, Indians, cattle and money, just add toxic family environment to the mix.

Not bad. Try watching Gunsmoke from the beginning :P

On 2019-05-23 at 11:46 AM, iHeart said:

well the stunt kind of paid off, I wonder if they'll do it again next year

https://tvline.com/2019/05/23/all-in-the-family-live-jeffersons-ratings-abc/#comments

CALLED IT!

https://deadline.com/2019/06/abc-norman-lear-karey-burke-1202626197/

I hope they do Happy Days and Laverne and Shirley (because I'm thinking spin-off connections)