The TV Thread

2 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

When it will be available in Canada is my question.

Early 2020, maybe? 

With Fox now in the fold, they should have lots of content. What rights do they have already sold for Canada though? 

5 hours ago, iHeart said:

correction, nothing gets cancelled on CBS anymore, it's as if Crime Shows have a secret or something that keeps them on the air

Yeah, okay iHeart. Whatever you say. They're going to cancel Blue Bloods.  A series that consistently draws 8.5 million viewers in the US on CBS at 10 pm on Fridays after 9 seasons. My problem with the new Magnum PI is it isn't anything like the old show. Magnum doesn't look like Magnum should. Higgins is a woman... (just because)… so why reboot a show that was off the air for 30 plus years? Just have the new show called something else with the backdrop of Honolulu. Viewers love Hawaii. I'm sure that's why it is being renewed. CBS can't lose using Hawaii. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Yeah, okay iHeart. Whatever you say. They're going to cancel Blue Bloods.  A series that consistently draws 8.5 million viewers in the US on CBS at 10 pm on Fridays after 9 seasons. My problem with the new Magnum PI is it isn't anything like the old show. Magnum doesn't look like Magnum should. Higgins is a woman... (just because)… so why reboot a show that was off the air for 30 plus years? Just have the new show called something else with the backdrop of Honolulu. Viewers love Hawaii. I'm sure that's why it is being renewed. CBS can't lose using Hawaii. 

But the magnum reboot does take place in Hawaii does it not?

5 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

My issue too.  I watched it and it wasn’t terrible but it wasn’t magnum. 

I understand the idea of having a female lead or co star. The original series gave hem a perfect set up. Magnum’s daughter. 

You don’t even need selleck in every episode. If, say, Robin/Higgins left the estate to Magnum and maybe it was in disarray. Magnum returns to the estate for Higgins funeral and finds out the estate is now his.  His daughter is following in his footsteps and agrees to look after the estate. Magnum could appear from time to time. 

At least then, it’s emotionally connected to the original and yet can still be free to be new and different. 

27 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

My issue too.  I watched it and it wasn’t terrible but it wasn’t magnum. 

I understand the idea of having a female lead or co star. The original series gave hem a perfect set up. Magnum’s daughter. 

You don’t even need selleck in every episode. If, say, Robin/Higgins left the estate to Magnum and maybe it was in disarray. Magnum returns to the estate for Higgins funeral and finds out the estate is now his.  His daughter is following in his footsteps and agrees to look after the estate. Magnum could appear from time to time. 

At least then, it’s emotionally connected to the original and yet can still be free to be new and different. 

yeah but then people would have been upset if it turned out that Magnum was dead....I mean the NYPD blue revival will have Sipowitz being dead