The TV Thread

1 hour ago, Jimmy Pop said:

speaking of.... started s1 of The Expanse last night.  Hey, Mike Ehrmantrout!  Great actor.

Vaguely remember that was a 1 off appearance.

Did not watch S3 as i figured i need to rewatch the whole thing to refresh.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

I had been meaning to share my thoughts on the first season but I needed something to NOT happen tv related to share my thoughts on it

Carmen Sandiego on netflix is kind of a remake of Where on Earth is Carmen Sandiego (and you would kind of understand if you had seen WoEiCS, I saw a few episodes of this show and I thought it was rather harmless but somehow Chief Squidward is kind of distracting, I refer to the chief on that show as that because the voice actor that does the chief also does squidward on Spongebob)

I binged all 9 episodes the day it dropped and I actually had quite a bit of fun sighting the easter eggs 

Spoiler

oh hi Julia Argent from the Treasures of Knowledge game, and why did they make Chase Devineaux from the word/math and think quick challenge games be a dimwit? Zack and Ivy from the Earth series are now Carmen's henchmen WTF? yeah in a later episode of Earth, Carmen has them inherit VILE, oh wait something I should have mentioned.....she doesn't found VILE in the netflix series, what they do is a Robin Hood approach, or rather a Wicked approach which is something that people had wanted to do with Carmen like all throughout this decade, which is kind of fine with me because they have barely done ANYTHING with Carmen since the 90s ended I mean they released one new game Treasure of Knowledge, which was too late to get edited I guess because the game was released two months after 9/11. there were a couple of device games but they didn't go anywhere, hey if they made a Carmen game in the Vein of Pokemon Go I would get the app for sure, that would be worth removing Criminal Case and Pearl's Peril from my phone. Okay I shouldn't be ranting here..

We also have someone who communicates with Carmen, and he is voiced by Finn Wolfhard (speaking of which I finally saw season 1 of stranger things last weekend, I'll give me thoughts some other day)

2 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

"Springsteen on Broadway", well worth the time.  Way better than "I is Mike Tyson" one man show.

Watched it over Christmas...I'm not a HUGE Sprinsteen fan, but it was solid, for sure. Good storyteller...

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

I'm kind of glad that Punisher was cancelled,  I tried making it through the first season but it was painfully slow.   I'm hoping it can be re-done something more similar to the Thomas Jane movie and the short he did years later. 

Cancelled by Netflix, revived by Disney Streaming like all the other shows.

1 hour ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Cancelled by Netflix, revived by Disney Streaming like all the other shows.

Apparently Disney/Marvel has said they're not going to bring any of those shows back. There was always a rumour that Disney/Marvel hated them and that might be true of they do, indeed, choose to leave those series mothballed... 

marketing starting to ramp up for enormous Lord of the Rings series on Amazon.  #LOTRonPrime

https://www.amazon.com/adlp/lotronprime

Though this series has been cloaked in mystery since its announcement, we had accepted early reports that the series would center around young Aragorn, the noble character played by Viggo Mortensen in Peter Jackson’s film series. But the updated Lord of the Rings TV series map suggests that this series could take place long before that character was ever born.

https://www.slashfilm.com/updated-lord-of-the-rings-tv-series-map-second-age/

19 hours ago, iHeart said:

This actually sounds hilarious...sort of similar to the fictional Seinfeld reboot from Curb:

TVLine has learned that the much-ballyhooed quasi-reboot/revival of 90210 has landed at Fox, with the network ordering a six-episode “event series” starringoriginal cast members Jason Priestley, Jennie Garth, Ian Ziering, Gabrielle Carteris, Brian Austin Green and Tori Spelling. Fellow OG Peach Pit-ers Luke Perry and Shannen Doherty are not attached in an official capacity, although Spelling recently expressed confidence that Perry would appear as a guest star.

As first teased by TVLine in January, the new incarnation — which will launch this summer and, like the CW revival, be titled simply 90210 — is an hour-long dramedy that finds the cast playing heightened versions of themselves inspired by their real lives and relationships.

Per the official logline, “Having gone their separate ways since the original series ended 19 years ago, Jason, Jennie, Ian, Gabrielle, Brian and Tori reunite when one of them suggests it’s time to get a Beverly Hills, 90210 reboot up and running. But getting it going may make for an even more delicious soap than the reboot itself. What will happen when first loves, old romances, friends and frenemies come back together, as this iconic cast – whom the whole world watched grow up together – attempts to continue from where they left off?”