The TV Thread

1 minute ago, iHeart said:

They promote the heck out of the Good Doctor. I've never watched it, and probably won't as it always seemed to be a variation of House, but is it any good? 

it must  be if they keep renewing it, I keep track of the show through recaps

and in another piece of renewal news. Modern Family Finally has an end date

https://tvline.com/2019/02/05/modern-family-renewed-final-season-11-abc/

if ABC is going to  be on a renewal-palooza how about some news on The Conners

Edited by iHeart

47 minutes ago, iHeart said:

it must  be if they keep renewing it, I keep track of the show through recaps

and in another piece of renewal news. Modern Family Finally has an end date

https://tvline.com/2019/02/05/modern-family-renewed-final-season-11-abc/

if ABC is going to  be on a renewal-palooza how about some news on The Conners

That article notes that Modern Family is #2 behind The Connors so one can presume they will also be renewed unless their cast is unusually expensive.  And I dont really see it outside of maybe John Goodman.

2 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

That article notes that Modern Family is #2 behind The Connors so one can presume they will also be renewed unless their cast is unusually expensive.  And I dont really see it outside of maybe John Goodman.

well Sara Gilbert  would be working two jobs I don't think she's that expensive and I don't know if Laurie Metcalf is currently on stage again, oh but then we also have to think about the possibility of Johnny Galecki returning more often now (especially since the finale hinted that Darlene could be facing a dilemma on whether to try again with David or move to Chicago with her current beau)

17 hours ago, iHeart said:

well Sara Gilbert  would be working two jobs I don't think she's that expensive and I don't know if Laurie Metcalf is currently on stage again, oh but then we also have to think about the possibility of Johnny Galecki returning more often now (especially since the finale hinted that Darlene could be facing a dilemma on whether to try again with David or move to Chicago with her current beau)

I highly doubt that any of the cast of Connors would be demanding a salary that they could not afford. 

35 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I highly doubt that any of the cast of Connors would be demanding a salary that they could not afford. 

Im sure I read somewhere that only Galecki had a really high salary but his schedule was more an issue.  Sara Gilbert is an executive producer and was the one pushing for the Roseanne revival and it sounds like she's pretty close with everyone.  Her and Galecki are really close friends.  With Big Bang coming to an end, maybe he'd join the Connors full time.  

Was anyone else even doing much?  Goodman is a movie actor.  The rest were doing some theatre or minor TV roles or nothing, if Im not mistaken.  In fact, its probably a pretty cheap series for ABC with strong return.

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Thats a hell of an idea to freshen it up.  Suddenly jump 30 years...

It was discussed many years ago that they were going to age the characters so that Bart and Lisa would be in high school....  network vetoed the idea and didn't want to risk the change.    It would of been awesome had they aged the characters to a point where now they were adults dealing with their own kids.      

I love the idea because I remember as a kid watching Married with Children and not really understanding Al Bundy and his issues and understanding both of the kids.   Now as an adult and father....  I rewatched the show and completely look at it in a different light and fully appreciate Al Bundy.   One episode Al takes the day off from work and ends up putting police tape around his couch so none of the kids or Peggy bugs him on his day off....  I often dream of doing the same myself lol. 

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

It was discussed many years ago that they were going to age the characters so that Bart and Lisa would be in high school....  network vetoed the idea and didn't want to risk the change.    It would of been awesome had they aged the characters to a point where now they were adults dealing with their own kids.      

I love the idea because I remember as a kid watching Married with Children and not really understanding Al Bundy and his issues and understanding both of the kids.   Now as an adult and father....  I rewatched the show and completely look at it in a different light and fully appreciate Al Bundy.   One episode Al takes the day off from work and ends up putting police tape around his couch so none of the kids or Peggy bugs him on his day off....  I often dream of doing the same myself lol. 

man even the kids on Family Guy changed ages once every couple of years, heck Meg is an adult now. The Kids on South Park moved up a grade and age wise Stan has been ten as of 2011 (but then again I'm probably the only person that is thinking right now that they are pushing more focus on Randy than the kids)

I actually do have a good theory  as to why they won't age (even if the network won't let them age) my theory is that Mr.Burns made a longevity ray that would keep him alive forever but somehow this effects the whole town as well, and if that ray gets destroyed, everyone dies! granted that sounds like something that could have been done in the simpsons comics but Bongo got shut down last year

JUNE 5TH

https://tvline.com/2019/02/11/the-handmaids-tale-premiere-date-season-3-hulu/

to be honest I never really cared for Heidi as a judge (Mel was tolerable), I wish they would bring back the old format (but keep the golden buzzer)

https://tvline.com/2019/02/11/agt-season-14-judges-leaving-gabrielle-union-julianne-hough/

Edited by iHeart