The TV Thread

On ‎21‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 8:33 AM, The Unknown Poster said:

True Crime fans should check out The Innocent Man on Netflix.  Im only three episodes in and its great, really setting the stage for whatever comes next.  

Yeah, I enjoyed that one. Another good True Crime series is Escape At Dannemora. The 7 episode series just finished up on Sunday and I believe its on The Movie Network in Canada. (I saw it on Kodi).

Its about that 2015 prison escape in upstate New York with the massive manhunt.

Not sure how I missed this unfortunate development: https://tvline.com/2019/01/04/vikings-cancelled-final-season-6-ending-history/

It looks like viewership is down this season, so they'll wrap the series after next season (season 6). Great series but I guess it, like any other, has a shelf life.

Although information is limited at this point, it sounds like a spin-off is being planned.

On ‎2019‎-‎01‎-‎02 at 3:13 PM, The Unknown Poster said:

Never dipped in quality.  Still awesome.

Blue Bloods is  my favourite on tv as of now & has been for almost a decade. Would like to see it make 10 years & finish the run of the show with Frank retiring. However, the ratings are down. Especially in the 18-49 demographic. It still consistently draws 8-9 million an episode which is down from the 10-12 million it was drawing just 2 years ago. CBS deserves to treat loyal fans of the show the right way & if it's determined the series will be cancelled then let it go out the right way & finish off some of the series ongoing storylines.

I've never understood how NCIS remains such a ratings bonanza for CBS especially with the departure of Michael Weatherly, Cote De Pablo & now Pauley Perette. I swore off that show when De Pablo left 3 or 4 years ago. Perrette apparently left as she couldn't stand working with Mark Harmon. Things got so bad between them that by season's send last year she refused to be filmed in any scene with Harmon. This all stems from an incident where Harmon brought his dog on set. It attacked a member of the production team mauling him severely.  Harmon was told not to bring the dog back but he ignored the directive & did so anyway. Perrette felt Harmon was being selfish & putting everyone at risk. They had words & an argument ensued. She felt his dog was a risk to attack someone else. Fed up she quit. When she left the series last year, she tweeted that Harmon is "dead to me".

Speaking of Weatherly, just can't into Bull. I hear the ratings have dropped significantly for that show since last year as well.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

I wonder what the real Chicago PD thinks of the tv series with bad & dirty cops beating up,  torturing their prisoners or killing them in fits of rage? I happen to like Chicago PD but some of the characters & plot lines extend beyond belief unlike Blue Bloods which for the most part likes to stick to reality for the most part on the subjects they broach.  The tv series Chicago PD sure doesn't paint the real police dept in a good light. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

2 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I wonder what the real Chicago PD thinks of the tv series with bad & dirty cops beating up,  torturing their prisoners or killing them in fits of rage? I happen to like Chicago PD but some of the characters & plot lines extend beyond belief unlike Blue Bloods which for the most part likes to stick to reality for the most part on the subjects they broach.  The tv series Chicago PD sure doesn't paint the real police dept in a good light. 

The disappeared: Chicago police detain Americans at abuse-laden 'black site'

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/feb/24/chicago-police-detain-americans-black-site