The TV Thread

10 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

All going to Disney me thinks.

really hoping this........I've enjoyed all the Netflix Marvel stuff, and the latest Iron Fist and Daredevil were both very good, so hopefully they'll be kept alive somehow.

11 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Who thought that Murphy Brown would work? That's like bringing a 72 year old Sam Malone back to manage the Cheers bar again? Long time bachelor Sam tries to put the moves on the recently widowed 68 year old Diane Chambers & pulls a back muscle. No one wants to see that.

Well....Frasier is being looked at for a revival.

16 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Was considered. I think that is doable but isnt KG on something else?

As I recall reading, he was on board exploring the idea of reviving it.  It would see Fraiser move somewhere else.  Grammer said he wants a pitch that hits it out of the park or he'd be reluctant to do it.  Timing might be right as the actor who played his father died so you have a storyline reason for Fraiser to move on.

As I recall, they never did an episode at Cheers, did they?  I think he went back to Boston and met some of the supporting actors from Cheers in a different bar but I cant remember why.  And Sam and Diane appeared on Fraiser, visiting him in Seattle.  I'd love to see a revival begin with Fraiser returning to Boston, perhaps in the wake of his father's death, before realizing in some Fraiser-esk way that he was reverting to a happier time...and decides on a fresh start somewhere else.  Then we can visit Cheers, catch up with the old gang and still have a fresh start.

26 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

As I recall reading, he was on board exploring the idea of reviving it.  It would see Fraiser move somewhere else.  Grammer said he wants a pitch that hits it out of the park or he'd be reluctant to do it.  Timing might be right as the actor who played his father died so you have a storyline reason for Fraiser to move on.

As I recall, they never did an episode at Cheers, did they?  I think he went back to Boston and met some of the supporting actors from Cheers in a different bar but I cant remember why.  And Sam and Diane appeared on Fraiser, visiting him in Seattle.  I'd love to see a revival begin with Fraiser returning to Boston, perhaps in the wake of his father's death, before realizing in some Fraiser-esk way that he was reverting to a happier time...and decides on a fresh start somewhere else.  Then we can visit Cheers, catch up with the old gang and still have a fresh start.

I think Woody came to visit one time too.  

1 hour ago, iHeart said:

I was following this late last night on CNN (after their bomb scare).  Really interesting because it raises questions of redemption and if a person should be punished forever.  Hart's basic point is that he has evolved and grown as a person and he's repeatedly apologized and he just can't keep doing it.

Its also a good example of being careful before you say something homophobic, racist etc, cause it can be really really hard to move on from it.

28 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I was following this late last night on CNN (after their bomb scare).  Really interesting because it raises questions of redemption and if a person should be punished forever.  Hart's basic point is that he has evolved and grown as a person and he's repeatedly apologized and he just can't keep doing it.

Its also a good example of being careful before you say something homophobic, racist etc, cause it can be really really hard to move on from it.

Its also a good example of being careful before you...hire someone without checking their tweets.

If there's any Amazon Prime users in the crowd, Homecoming with Julia Roberts is fantastic.  Premiered last month from Mr.Robot creator Sam Esmail & it def has similar vibe to that show. But it's cleaner with a less clunky storyline... each episode is a short & concise 30 mins whirlwind. 

The cast is fantastic, led by Roberts.  I'm even more a fan of Bobby Cannavale, Shea Whigham and Lip from Shameless.  

This awesome review called the show a mystery box drama which I think describes it well.  

Then there’s the good kind of “what the hell is going on here?” TV, which presents a version of a specific reality, hints that there’s more to that reality than meets the eye, and then slowly reveals additional details that speak to the full truth of its characters’ experiences. In the middle of watching a show like that, you say, “I’m not sure what the hell is going on here … and I love it.”

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Pop said:

If there's any Amazon Prime users in the crowd, Homecoming with Julia Roberts is fantastic.  Premiered last month from Mr.Robot creator Sam Esmail & it def has similar vibe to that show. But it's cleaner with a less clunky storyline... each episode is a short & concise 30 mins whirlwind. 

The cast is fantastic, led by Roberts.  I'm even more a fan of Bobby Cannavale, Shea Whigham and Lip from Shameless.  

This awesome review called the show a mystery box drama which I think describes it well.  

I scroll past it a few times.  Maybe now Ill check it out!