The TV Thread

Hardwick will return to talking dead because I guess they found nothing

https://tvline.com/2018/07/25/chris-hardwick-returning-amc-investigation-complete/

and a Frasier reboot is in development stages

I don't know I feel that they shouldn't touch this one. I have a philosophy that only shows that didn't have the most agreeable endings (like say Roseanne and Will and Grace) should get revivals while shows that had decent endings like Once and Glee (yeah I thought the show had a good ending, in fact I actually wish Glee had predicted the outcome of the 2016 election)

https://tvline.com/2018/07/25/frasier-revival-kelsey-grammer-reboot-cbs/

15 hours ago, iHeart said:

Hardwick will return to talking dead because I guess they found nothing

https://tvline.com/2018/07/25/chris-hardwick-returning-amc-investigation-complete/

and a Frasier reboot is in development stages

I don't know I feel that they shouldn't touch this one. I have a philosophy that only shows that didn't have the most agreeable endings (like say Roseanne and Will and Grace) should get revivals while shows that had decent endings like Once and Glee (yeah I thought the show had a good ending, in fact I actually wish Glee had predicted the outcome of the 2016 election)

https://tvline.com/2018/07/25/frasier-revival-kelsey-grammer-reboot-cbs/

A reboot?  Thats weird wording.  More like a spin-off/sequel/continuation.  The show was brilliant and Grammer is a tremendous actor so I'd tune in.

HBO claims that the Andre the Giant documentary was the most-watched sports documentary in the station’s history through all of its repeat showings and airings on digital. This pretty much would establish with that level of success, that they’ll probably do another pro wrestling documentary - Melzter

Remember that one for later....wink wink

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

A reboot?  Thats weird wording.  More like a spin-off/sequel/continuation.  The show was brilliant and Grammer is a tremendous actor so I'd tune in.

Agreed. It seems that "reboot" has lost it's original meaning and is just a blanket term now, which I actually find quite annoying.

19 minutes ago, StevetheClub said:

Agreed. It seems that "reboot" has lost it's original meaning and is just a blanket term now, which I actually find quite annoying.

Revival would be a better word for continuing a show with the same characters years later.  Roseanne was a revival.  Fraser would be a revival.  Reboot would be like if they re-cast Fraser and he had just left Boston

28 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Revival would be a better word for continuing a show with the same characters years later.  Roseanne was a revival.  Fraser would be a revival.  Reboot would be like if they re-cast Fraser and he had just left Boston

From reading the story it sounds more like a sequel with Frasier moving to Chicago and leaving the others behind.

5 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

From reading the story it sounds more like a sequel with Frasier moving to Chicago and leaving the others behind.

How about "Cheers" goes bankrupt and Fraser buys it to save it from the wrecking ball and moves back to Boston.  Full circle!  You could have the original Cheers gang plus new young goofy bar regulars.

43 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

How about "Cheers" goes bankrupt and Fraser buys it to save it from the wrecking ball and moves back to Boston.  Full circle!  You could have the original Cheers gang plus new young goofy bar regulars.

Without a laugh track the show may seem really weird.

48 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

that would sound like a good idea, but I don't know how many of them would want to do it? I mean isn't Ratzenburger living off Pixar royalties these days? 

From a Reddit user...

‘Frasier’ Reboot Being Explored By Kelsey Grammer & CBS TV Studios by Somali_Pir8 in television

[–]nomefish 66 points 23 hours ago* 

I always liked the idea of Frasier going back to Boston for a tenure position as a professor at Harvard. When he gets there, he learns that Niles is also up for the job. They end up both getting hired, but they’re constantly competing as teachers for the tenure position. Meanwhile, Frasier reconnects with Lilith and Frederick. And, since they’re right across the river from Boston, it allows for the occasional visit from Ted Danson and co. from Cheers.

EDIT: it could even be insinuated that neither of them were too enthusiastic about the position or were necessarily going to accept it, until they learned the other was also in the running, so they both essentially take the job and try to excel at it solely because they want to be better at it than the other.

Edited by Jimmy Pop

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/alf-tv-reboot-works-at-warner-bros-1131450

I had seen a few episodes of the show back when Family Channel aired it, and of course I do have a philosophy that any show that didn't have a good ending should be allowed to get rebooted (and people weren't happy with the original ending of this show, and they hated the follow up movie even more)