The TV Thread

It seems like they are flying by the seat of their pants with TWD. I liked how they loosely followed the comics adding subtle changes but they dragged the all out war for too long. I guess with how slow they are dragging their feet with FTWD becoming the whisperers I guess they got time. But ive been waiting for that for a long time cuz the events in the whisperers saga would make for epic tv... Like a good episode of TWD x10

I cant remember if we have a Crime thread...but anyway, A&E had a special on Casey Anthony which included a new interview with her parents.

Firstly, I cant believe they're still together.  Not just because of the strain but the way they seem to loath each other at times.  Plus, Cindy Anthony has deluded herself into believing Casey didnt kill Caylee while George Anthony knows his daughter did it.

It was pretty interesting as George talked and was recounting his suspicions, how Cindy would get physically uncomfortable and annoyed and even tried to "move him along" to skip details that painted Casey poorly.

I was obsessed with this case when it came out and cant believe the jury let her off.

Kelsey Grammer is returning to tv...hopefully on a show that lasts more than one season (he hasn't had the best post-frasier luck, everything else he's been on has either lasted one season or less, with Boss being the exception on a network that canada has no access to)

http://tvline.com/2018/06/01/proven-innocent-recast-kelsey-grammer-brian-darcy-james/

50 minutes ago, iHeart said:

Kelsey Grammer is returning to tv...hopefully on a show that lasts more than one season (he hasn't had the best post-frasier luck, everything else he's been on has either lasted one season or less, with Boss being the exception on a network that canada has no access to)

http://tvline.com/2018/06/01/proven-innocent-recast-kelsey-grammer-brian-darcy-james/

I think Boss is available on Amazon Prime.

Proven Innocent looks good.

1 hour ago, iHeart said:

I imagine that the ratings would be huge in the first episode but then the ratings would probably decline somehow

True but the financial picture is probably different without Roseanne.  If it’s funny it will hook viewers. Plenty of shows are brand new and do well. They have a built in hook. And it’s a good cast. 

Courtesy of Retro Winnipeg, the channel is getting its fourth name change in almost ten years #IWANTMUCHMOREMUSICBACK!

it's not the only network getting a name change

Space > CTV Sci-Fi, bravo > CTV Drama, Comedy > CTV Comedy

Edited by iHeart

Netflix original docu-series The Staircase.  Fantastic.

Its about a guy who is charged with murdering his wife.  Cameras were there throughout the preparation for Trial.  His defense claims she fell down the stairs.  DA claims she was bludgeoned to death.

There are some twists along the way.  I think on Episode 4 of 13.  Its really good.  Im fairly sure the case was on Dateline a few years ago as ive definitely seen it somewhere before.  But I cant remember the outcome so its fresh viewing for me.  So far, I dont believe the suspect one iota.

10 minutes ago, JCon said:

I'm finally caught up on Westworld. Just watched "Kiksuya" (SE02EP08).

That may be my favourite episode of the series, so far. It hammered everything home. 

Is that the latest, from this past Sunday?  Ive been binging The Staircase so its still on the PVR, I havent watched it yet,.