The TV Thread

8 hours ago, Noeller said:

Can it be an all guy remake?? I thought that was the hip trend......gender reversal for everything!!!

No. Bad noeller. When you change from a white any thing or male to any minority (even if they arent really a minority, any thing else will do) its edgy, interesting, and instantly an oscar finalist. When it goes the other way its typical bigoted patriarchal race washing / man ruining.

4LEyfZG.jpg

For what it's worth, I'm really on the Left about most of these things, and love seeing old white guys get upset about it..........but.......having said that..............there is a super-far-Left group that just goes too far all the time, for no reason other than to do it.

yeah well here's why a sequel won't really work

Spoiler

The witches turned to dust at the end of it

I mean unless there was another trio of witches that cursed up a black flame candle before being executed...now I'm curious on who would be cast in the reboot (I was serious when I said I want Kate McKinnon to play one of the witches)...surely they'll probably cast a current disney star in the film

Kind of wish they would do a live event like they did with Rocky Horror a year ago (even though that wasn't that good, it missed a few beats, and I couldn't help but remark when Magenta said "I hope it's not meat loaf again" I tweeted "Nope, it's Adam Lambert Loaf" get it? because Meat Loaf was Eddie in the film....well Twitter had a good laugh about it)

also I really don't want the luring song that Sarah sings to be auto tuned, I mean come on, I can do better than auto tune

Edited by iHeart

also ABC has found their two other new Idol judges so now that ordeal is over, I said it on People's facebook and I'll say it here

yeah this is only going to last one season, and considering the success rate of most American Idol winners.......I think people only watched it for Simon...now granted, I did watch the two seasons where Steven Tyler was a judge (and he was pretty entertaining)

seriously though I don't remember the names of the last three winners, I think one of their names was Candace or something

oh yeah the judges that will be joining Katy Perry will be Lionel Ritchie and Luke Bryan

Edited by iHeart

agree that the show doesn't have the same pull that it used to, but the last winner was Trent Harmon (who is really really good), who just beat out La'Porsha, who was even better than him, but didn't have enough votes....outstanding talents, the both of them.

7 hours ago, Noeller said:

For what it's worth, I'm really on the Left about most of these things, and love seeing old white guys get upset about it..........but.......having said that..............there is a super-far-Left group that just goes too far all the time, for no reason other than to do it.

I love seeing people of all groups get triggered. For a short while any way. I dont really lean over all in one direction or another. I hate partisan ship in politics. Its worse then crooks in politics.  The super far left and far right are both horrifying groups. Utter nut cases pointing fingers and calling other people nuts.  

http://tvline.com/2017/10/04/bobs-burgers-movie-release-date-details/ 

let me get this straight....it took 18 seasons (and 17 years) for a Simpsons movie to happen and Bob Burger's gets a movie almost 9 years after premiering on FOX?

okay to be fair the Simpsons movie was in Development hell for more than a decade

also

depressing news for NCIS fans

http://tvline.com/2017/10/04/ncis-pauley-perrette-leaving-after-season-15-abby-sciuto/

13 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Bob's Burgers is such an underrated show

yeah I know most animated shows that air on prime time (mostly on FOX) aren't always that lucky I mean remember Allan Gregory?.......Napoleon Dynamite?.......Sit Down Shut Up?......Son of Zorn (technically a hybrid)?.......I think there was another one on a couple of years ago (I think last year) The Goode Family (oh wait that was ABC) I should also mention the Critic but that started on ABC for some reason

anyway I'm not into Bob's Burgers mostly because I find the kids annoying (especially Louise) and before anyone says I should, I tried just not into it, the only time I ever really laughed was when Bob blurted out a secret about his rival

Edited by iHeart

29 minutes ago, iHeart said:

yeah I know most animated shows that air on prime time (mostly on FOX) aren't always that lucky I mean remember Allan Gregory?.......Napoleon Dynamite?.......Sit Down Shut Up?......Son of Zorn (technically a hybrid)?.......I think there was another one on a couple of years ago (I think last year) The Goode Family (oh wait that was ABC) I should also mention the Critic but that started on ABC for some reason

anyway I'm not into Bob's Burgers mostly because I find the kids annoying (especially Louise) and before anyone says I should, I tried just not into it, the only time I ever really laughed was when Bob blurted out a secret about his rival

Yeah you seem more like a "2 Broke Girls" kinda guy

19 hours ago, Atomic said:

Bob's Burgers is such an underrated show

I admit when the show first aired, I wasn't a fan of the animation and didn't give it a chance. I somehow ended up watching a few episodes and it was pretty good.  Plus I'm a fan of the voice actors that do Bob and Gene cuz they are both in Archer. 

Funny thing about Bob's Burgers is the mom and the oldest daughter are voiced by guys. I remember when it became widely know Bart Simpson was voiced by a woman it was such a shock to a lot of kids at the time

37 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

I admit when the show first aired, I wasn't a fan of the animation and didn't give it a chance. I somehow ended up watching a few episodes and it was pretty good.  Plus I'm a fan of the voice actors that do Bob and Gene cuz they are both in Archer. 

Funny thing about Bob's Burgers is the mom and the oldest daughter are voiced by guys. I remember when it became widely know Bart Simpson was voiced by a woman it was such a shock to a lot of kids at the time

I knew Tina was voiced by a guy but didn't know the mom was too.  Cool.

4 hours ago, Atomic said:

I knew Tina was voiced by a guy but didn't know the mom was too.  Cool.

The funny thing is, Tina's voice is the guys actual voice where as the mom is a guy but he adjusts his voice for that.

Watching that Tina guy talk IRL and watching him on video is so freaking weird.

Even watching the guy who does Bob's voice IRL is jarring cause you picture what he looks like in your head and he looks so different.  Pudgy short fat guy LOL.