The TV Thread

Some interesting info from the notoriously secretive Netflix (courtesy of Latino Review):

"While you might not expect popular parodies to stir laughs bright and early, around 6AM members are 34% more likely to watch comedy compared to the rest of the day... Drama accounts for nearly half (47%) of viewing between noon and 2PM... Thrillers like The Walking Dead, Stranger Things and Breaking Bad are being enjoyed in the evening - globally the genre sees a 27% increase come 9PM. Globally, 15% of streaming happens between midnight and 6AM and even rises as high as 21% in Japan and South Korea. documentaries see a 24% increase in viewing during this time."

23 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Some interesting info from the notoriously secretive Netflix (courtesy of Latino Review):

"While you might not expect popular parodies to stir laughs bright and early, around 6AM members are 34% more likely to watch comedy compared to the rest of the day... Drama accounts for nearly half (47%) of viewing between noon and 2PM... Thrillers like The Walking Dead, Stranger Things and Breaking Bad are being enjoyed in the evening - globally the genre sees a 27% increase come 9PM. Globally, 15% of streaming happens between midnight and 6AM and even rises as high as 21% in Japan and South Korea. documentaries see a 24% increase in viewing during this time."

Advertisers would love to get their hands on the type of viewership and demographic information Netflix has on their shows.  Ironically, they don't sell commercials.

Anyone watching "The Keepers" on Netflix?  Just finished episode 2 and its riveting.  Its a true-crime documentary that is simialr but very different to Making a Murderer.  As Im watching the first episode, it occurred to me that this seems like a tragic, but run-of-the-mill case...until the shocking twist!  Its really interesting.

Well, I'm looking forward to the new American Crime Story.  Katrina and the events around it was a clusterf*** of epic proportions - go figure, it happened in a predominately black, Southern city, so no one knows anything about it!

I've been to New Orleans, so it's got a special place in my heart.  Just a awesome, awesome town. And the people, even better. To the world traveller's out there - get to NOLA! What're you waiting for??!

Now, back to Katrina, the Lower 9th Ward was the worst hit in the entire city.  This one area of town, 1.6 sq miles, was breached from THREE different sides.  The result....?  I'll let you be the judge.  These are some pics I took in 2013....some EIGHT years after the hurricane. 

Image may contain: tree, sky and outdoor

Image may contain: tree, sky and outdoor

Image may contain: sky, tree and outdoornewImage may contain: tree and outdoor

On 5/25/2017 at 9:35 PM, MOBomberFan said:

If you've ever loved The Price Is Right even just a little, this should make you smile.

man he's running like he conquered all 5 maps on Carmen Sandiego

and with that speed I bet he could have.

On 2017-05-24 at 8:25 AM, The Unknown Poster said:

Anyone watching "The Keepers" on Netflix?  Just finished episode 2 and its riveting.  Its a true-crime documentary that is simialr but very different to Making a Murderer.  As Im watching the first episode, it occurred to me that this seems like a tragic, but run-of-the-mill case...until the shocking twist!  Its really interesting.

Wow it's mind boggling. Another case of the Catholic Church coming off as the most slimey corrupt arrogant organization in the world. 

so I wonder how Family Guy will handle the latest secondary cast member death, since Adam West just passed on and he had been playing Mayor Adam West for years, but then again I don't know if he was still on the show around the time of his passing