The TV Thread

8 hours ago, Logan007 said:

I'm still enjoying The Big Bang Theory.  It's one of my favorites on TV right now.

its one of the few shows I try to take in during the week,  but I'll admit it's not what it once was, but I guess that happens over time.  I can't remember what show parodied it,  family guy or simpsons, but they had a very basic but well observed portrayal of the show where it was like blah blah blah... pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis, and leonard constantly translating sheldon's everything

23 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

its one of the few shows I try to take in during the week,  but I'll admit it's not what it once was, but I guess that happens over time.  I can't remember what show parodied it,  family guy or simpsons, but they had a very basic but well observed portrayal of the show where it was like blah blah blah... pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis, and leonard constantly translating sheldon's everything

Agreed.  After season 6/7 it's lost a bit of its touch, but I still enjoy it.

well I was lying in bed with my mother (I was trying to take a nap in her bed when she came in and wanted to watch ellen) and she said that she had read somewhere that 2 Broke Girls is done this year

trouble is, I don't have a for sure source, I mean TVline did say that CBS renewed 16 shows, but no new news regarding 2 broke girls

http://tvline.com/2017/03/23/renewed-tv-shows-2017-hawaii-five-0-scorpion-cbs/

On 3/23/2017 at 10:32 PM, bigg jay said:

I gave jessica Jones a second go and got through it.  It got better after the first couple episodes... either that or I just got accustomed to how dark it is.

im thinking of giving it a 2nd try. i think i made it 3 episodes the first time.

On 3/23/2017 at 10:36 PM, Taynted_Fayth said:

still haven't given JJ another go, im pretty much in coast mode atm until TPB next week and Archer coming back on in april

I hope the TPB season is better then the last / out of the park. From the trailer it sure looks like they are trying some thing different. 

19 hours ago, iHeart said:

well I was lying in bed with my mother (I was trying to take a nap in her bed when she came in and wanted to watch ellen) and she said that she had read somewhere that 2 Broke Girls is done this year

trouble is, I don't have a for sure source, I mean TVline did say that CBS renewed 16 shows, but no new news regarding 2 broke girls

http://tvline.com/2017/03/23/renewed-tv-shows-2017-hawaii-five-0-scorpion-cbs/

i guess they are gonna be really broke now? eh? eh? ill show my self out...

never watched it my self. 

2 minutes ago, Logan007 said:

Thank the maker.  She is SO not funny.  That show was awful.

This.....I really feel like hipster types just went "yay, a non-generic, not-whites-only single cam....it's so different!!" and that was the only reason they liked it. I do not get her at all....never been funny in anything, ever.

23 minutes ago, Noeller said:

This.....I really feel like hipster types just went "yay, a non-generic, not-whites-only single cam....it's so different!!" and that was the only reason they liked it. I do not get her at all....never been funny in anything, ever.

She was funny on The Office (and they seemed to miss her as a writer when she left).  I didnt even consider your premise of non-generic, non white hipster whatever.  But the fact she isnt white would never occur to me as a reason to dislike the series either. 

Usually I wouldnt be into shows that require a certain absurdity rather then reality but the jokes are funny, the characters are great.  The only character I hated was the doctor that moved to Texas...didnt like him at all.  Garret Dillahunt in particular is tremendous.

18 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

She was funny on The Office (and they seemed to miss her as a writer when she left).  I didnt even consider your premise of non-generic, non white hipster whatever.  But the fact she isnt white would never occur to me as a reason to dislike the series either. 

Usually I wouldnt be into shows that require a certain absurdity rather then reality but the jokes are funny, the characters are great.  The only character I hated was the doctor that moved to Texas...didnt like him at all.  Garret Dillahunt in particular is tremendous.

She was terrible in the Office.  She tries way too hard to be funny and it just comes out flat.  Most of her comedy just seems more stupid then funny.

3 minutes ago, Noeller said:

In fairness, The Office itself was stupid. Single-Cam faux-doc shows, in general, I think are stupid. I have never understood The Office, Modern Family, Arrested Development....I just don't understand.

It's just the modern sitcom format. I think the format is played out but are we going back to live studio audiences (like Big Bang Theory)?

I like the sitcom format more than the faux-doc format but I don't see the industry moving back in that direction, yet.

3 minutes ago, JCon said:

It's just the modern sitcom format. I think the format is played out but are we going back to live studio audiences (like Big Bang Theory)?

I like the sitcom format more than the faux-doc format but I don't see the industry moving back in that direction, yet.

I cant stand the traditional format anymore with the laugh track etc.  bleh.  So unfunny especially when they pipe in fake laughs.

The moc doc takes getting used to.  I didnt like the office at first.  In fact, I didnt even bother giving it a second try until I started a new job and everyone talked about it the day after.  The Winnipeg episode was airing so I watched and started to love it.  Although they really screwed the pooch on the Winnipeg episode.  Do a little research.  Hell, film HERE.  Anyway...

Modern Family is really funny although I find its been crossing into being a little too absurd at times.  But its a tremendous cast.

Goldbergs is maybe my favourite right now.  That guy gets the 80's.  Apparently there is a spin off coming about the 90's.