The TV Thread

i was seeing a few posts on FB, but nothing concrete about a possible that 70's show reunion.  The show debuted in august of 1998 so it's 20 year anniversary is approaching.  of the posts i saw there was quite a bit of ppl in favor of this. Is it too late to do a reunion? what decade would it be in?  i remember that 80's show being a huge flop, even tho the cast of that 70's show had nothing to do with it.  

that 90's show?

2 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

i was seeing a few posts on FB, but nothing concrete about a possible that 70's show reunion.  The show debuted in august of 1998 so it's 20 year anniversary is approaching.  of the posts i saw there was quite a bit of ppl in favor of this. Is it too late to do a reunion? what decade would it be in?  i remember that 80's show being a huge flop, even tho the cast of that 70's show had nothing to do with it. 

Anything is possible thanks to Kickstarter and Netflix.

Geena Davis: Actress Cast in Pilot for 'The Exorcist' TV Reboot, Report Says
Davis will play Angela Rance, a woman having nightmares about a demon, Variety reports. The Fox show will be a modern reinvention of William Peter Blatty's book and William Friedkin's 1973 film

I dont know how good this will do as a TV show, unless it's like the movie Fallen with Denzel washington,  with 1 supernatural being kinda jumping from body to body and a take no **** detective and his comedic Priest partner on the hot pursuit to vanquish this evil spirit.

** 9 days till daredevil 2! woop woop, i started rewatching season 1 again for the refresher still a great show

I watched the first 2 episodes of vinyl when they came out but ive been kinda slacking last 2 weeks, cuz im just drained after TWD, i get waaaay to excited on sunday evenings going on long zombie apocalypse rants with ppl on fb.  so it's been a bit on the back burner,  ive also been watching alot of the Brier so thats been taking up alot of tv time

6 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

I watched the first 2 episodes of vinyl when they came out but ive been kinda slacking last 2 weeks, cuz im just drained after TWD, i get waaaay to excited on sunday evenings going on long zombie apocalypse rants with ppl on fb.  so it's been a bit on the back burner,  ive also been watching alot of the Brier so thats been taking up alot of tv time

Vinyl has steadily improved with each episode.

The last episode of The Walking Dead sort of turned me off.  I thought it was a departure for the main group in how they acted.

18 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

I dont know how good this will do as a TV show, unless it's like the movie Fallen with Denzel washington,  with 1 supernatural being kinda jumping from body to body and a take no **** detective and his comedic Priest partner on the hot pursuit to vanquish this evil spirit.

** 9 days till daredevil 2! woop woop, i started rewatching season 1 again for the refresher still a great show

Along the same vein anyone notice they made The Omen into a tv show on AMC called Damien?

I actually liked the last episode it was really their first time on the offensive, they've always been the "good survivors" running into people and places like governor or termina, even the wolves recently.  

I think there;'s about 4 episodes left in the season,  it'll be interesting to see if they cross that line even further.  

• THE TICK IS GETTING REBOOTED AT AMAZON WITH PILOT ORDER

•  
  •  
  •  
  • The greatest superhero the world has ever known—no, not that one. No, that guy’s lame. No, the other one. Yeah, him!—The Tick, is making his return to television at long last. After years of speculation that the series was a go with Patrick Warburton returning to star, Amazon has made at least part of that dream come true with a pilot order for The Tick.

As first reported by Deadline, Ben Edlund’s classic comic book character is being given “a new take.” Edlund will be back to write and executive produce (he also co-created the 1994 animated series iteration and the 2001 live-action Fox comedy). Also returning? OG executive producer Barry Josephson.

But there’s a bit of bad news to all of this: Warburton will not return to star as he’s too busy on his NBC comedy series Crowded. (Casting for the lead is currently underway so everyone dust off your best blue onesies now.) Griffin Newman has been cast as Arthur Everest, his schizophrenic best friend, with Valorie Curry set to play Arthur’s sister/nurse, Dot.

According to Deadline, the new incarnation will follow the Tick as he recovers from memory loss and re-teams with his best bud Arthur to fight evil. Nerdist has reached out to Amazon for confirmation, but had yet to hear back at the time of publication.

I'll admit I watched the tick a little towards the end of my saturday morning days, came on right before I had to go bowling. However I dont think I'd have much interest in this but what I do find interesting is Warburton (david puddy on seinfeld, actual voice of the tick, and was recently in tick costume in Ted 2),  will not be involved in this.

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

I didn't see Letterkenny mentioned yet... It's a Canadian sitcom based in small town Ontario. This show is full of laugh out loud moments. The cold open speaks for itself. As far as I know it's only available on Crave right now.

Warning: offensive language and manscaping.

Edited by MOBomberFan