Rookie Camp Day 2 (Reports and Discussion)

Mike

We only got 4 channels on the rabbit ears - CKND was on Channel 9, CTV on channel 7, CBC English Channel 6 and French channel 3. Then that Fox station started up on channel 12 but it was always pretty fuzzy so hard to watch. And we would wear an onion on our belt, as was the style of the time. And we only had yellow onions, because of the war.

A strong-arm QB is fun to watch.... we haven't had a QB that combines strong arm with an actual ability to play since Khari so it's nice to see a guy with potential.... when we see him play on June 9 his role will start to become more clear... 

Learning the intricacies of QBing in the CFL takes time.  Strong arm or not, a few years holding clipboards helps all QBs.  Even Calvillo benefited from stepping back for a couple of seasons.  That said, all other things being equal I'd much rather have the QB with the strong accurate arm holding the clipboard than someone who throws weak wobblers.

Yep Joe Pascucci is retiring.

I remember when he started on CKND, man I feel old.

Me too  :o  :o  :o

I remember when you watched CKND on channel 12 and the dial on the TV only went up to 13.

I don't think you have to be that old to remember that... I remember those days and I'm still a safe distance from 30...

We only got 4 channels on the rabbit ears - CKND was on Channel 9, CTV on channel 7, CBC English Channel 6 and French channel 3. Then that Fox station started up on channel 12 but it was always pretty fuzzy so hard to watch. And we would wear an onion on our belt, as was the style of the time. And we only had yellow onions, because of the war.

Didn't you also get CityTV on channel 13? I know I did.

Oh yeah there was some channel that started up in the early 90's - broadcasting out of Portage la Prairie - is that the one you are thinking of?

Oh yeah there was some channel that started up in the early 90's - broadcasting out of Portage la Prairie - is that the one you are thinking of?

wasn't it mtn. buckley and beave to say play it again, we'll have a radical time today on MTN, while mom and dad sleep in. 

Heck i remember that channel and i've got a few years to go to hit 30 also.

Didn't Joey Gregorash used to have a show on CKND? http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DBAfucyuZ50.

haha skiddle bits, my boy oh boy, so long ago i cant remember, must have been grade 1, if that even but my teacher dated joey gregorish lol and our whole class got to appear on skiddlebits, halloween episodes. Was quite ridiculous but at the time, was pretty fun. 

Didn't Joey Gregorash used to have a show on CKND?

haha skiddle bits, my boy oh boy, so long ago i cant remember, must have been grade 1, if that even but my teacher dated joey gregorish lol and our whole class got to appear on skiddlebits, halloween episodes. Was quite ridiculous but at the time, was pretty fun.

Ahhh...so Mr Gregorash was a "player"!

Didn't Joey Gregorash used to have a show on CKND?

Ahhh...so Mr Gregorash was a "player"!

lol, he must have done something right, gonna be honest, the teacher was kind of a smokeshow. quite good looking actually.

I miss these guys (about 20 seconds in)

AW DAMN YOU RICH!!!  You beat me to it.  As soon as I read KBF's post I was thinking of the 4 cartoon tennors singing that song.

Man...Buckley and the Beave...bringing back some memories.

As for the Sun being a paysite, I totally understand why.  I think they allow you ten free stories a month.  I used to be an avid reader of both papers, then mostly just the Sun, then neither.  I can read most of the stories online and get instant, immediate updates with opinions, facts etc via my phone.  Who needs a newspaper? 

Considering you can get the Sun for free from their boxes or on the bus from Monday to Friday, it seems dumb to charge for it on their website.

Having said that, this thread sure has gone off topic fast.