Drew Willy to Organize Practice if Players Strike

Rich

Nice leadership statement coming from our new QB.   Wonder what facility they would be able to get to practice in.   Are all the players still flying in?  Who is paying for their flights if there is a strike?

#Bombers QB Drew Willy says if there is a CFL strike he'll make sure the players get together to work out somewhere in Wpg. #bn

— Ed Tait (@WFPEdTait)

May 28, 2014

Nice leadership statement coming from our new QB.   Wonder what facility they would be able to get to practice in.   Are all the players still flying in?  Who is paying for their flights if there is a strike?

Okay wet blanket here. Although admirable on Willy's part, would there not be some injury insurance and legal issues if an agreement is not in place to hold such a thing? I know, how to ruin a good news story. Carry on.

I don't think there's much harm in running some routes and tossing the ball around... I realize there's injury potential just making cuts and such, but I don't think these guys are gonna push it to the limit... just get to know each other and build some chemistry, have some fun

#Bombers QB Drew Willy says if there is a CFL strike he'll make sure the players get together to work out somewhere in Wpg. #bn

— Ed Tait (@WFPEdTait)

May 28, 2014

Okay wet blanket here. Although admirable on Willy's part, would there not be some injury insurance and legal issues if an agreement is not in place to hold such a thing? I know, how to ruin a good news story. Carry on.

I'm not aware of any legal issues, that would prevent players from having some pickup football games just as you and I might, but the insurance question is legit.  That being said, players workout all off season with injury risk, and many QB's and receivers get together for some pass drills throughout the winter.

— Ed Tait (@WFPEdTait)

May 28, 2014

More importantly, will they get in some strength training cleaning up dead elms on my yard?  Anything less shows a lack of committment to fitness.