Rookie Camp Day 1 (Reports and Discussion)

Mike

I'll also be attending and will try to provide all the information I can. Any requests?

Anything on Eisho looks like he is going to be one of those guys that out works everyone at camp in turn pissing off a few people in the process.

I'm not exactly sure that 1 day of rookie camp is gonna tell us much, ie: who is standing out and who isn't.

Is 7pm an odd start time for this or is that just me? i thought normally it's in the day, or is this to possibly let fans who work during the day head out to day one of camp?

I cant make it but really all i'd like to know about day 1, is... how different is it than last years rookie camp, what are the coaches doing, what is oshea doing, what is etch up too, wylie.. etc

is oshea driving around in a golf cart lol? 

cuz i really dont think 1 day of rookie camp is gonna tell us much to be honest.

To those going tonight, will you also be going tomorrow and friday? cuz if so, maybe be nice to see a who has progressed and who has regressed in those 3 days.

Oh and ofcourse, obviously how do the qb's look, marve specifically but brohm and willy also. max hall is max hall so dont need much about him.

Day 1 doesn't tell us much, but IT'S FOOTBALL TIME AGAIN!  I'll take any info folks who are lucky enough to go out to the practice can give me.  I don't care if you're a wanna be GM or a Fan Boy or anything in between.  Just post your views and let me live vicariously through your eyes.  Thanks. 

How about get your cell phone out and live stream the practice?

not the smartest thing to do, im sure you get caught doing that and you wont be allowed back.

why would anyone live stream a practice? It just doesn't make sense at all. It's almost like doing a disservice to the team.

I'd suspect if people live stream a practice, that's the last one they will open to the public.

How about get your cell phone out and live stream the practice?

not the smartest thing to do, im sure you get caught doing that and you wont be allowed back.

why would anyone live stream a practice? It just doesn't make sense at all. It's almost like doing a disservice to the team.

I'd suspect if people live stream a practice, that's the last one they will open to the public.

All good points. He probably hadn't thought about any of that until you pointed it out.

For anyone attending camp tonight, please feel free to share your reports with us!

Camp is from 7 PM - 9 PM tonight.

Remember, everyone who provides a report will gain an entry into our draw for a gift card at the conclusion of training camp.

Hey - that's discrimination against those of us out here in the hinterlands who don't live in Winnipeg! :)

If there's a practice on the 6th of June (strike permitting) I am going to try and make it out - I want a gift card!!

A few early observations:

Mario Urita is huge. Towers over guys who are 6'3". Not the greatest hands though; dropped a few short yard passes. But it's early.

Goossen lining up on the defensive side of the ball, opposite the centre in some early drills. Maybe Wylie is just getting him used to the extra yard from a different perspective. Goossen now taking reps at centre.

O'Shea walking around observing for the most part. Spent some time with the special teams early on. Now he's with the offense.

Buck throwing 20 yard passes to his RBs.

Wow does Marve ever have some zip on the ball!

Kevin Smith is here.

What I've seen so far...

Damn can Marve zip that ball...looks pretty accurate on his throws too

Willy has looked good. Accurate and nice zip on the ball or . You can tell the qbs and rec are feeling each other out at this point.

Grisby is quick, made some people miss

Tarver is also pretty quick and stood out to me with a nice side line grab, caught everything in his direction

Taylor renaud had an awesome catch near the side line on a corner

Urrtia is huge

Harjullahu had a few real nice punts