[MERGED] Bombers sign RB Kevin Smith

Atomic

I

I like this. A lot.

I like that Mike likes this...

I like that Jimmypop and the unknown poster like that you like Mike liking this.

generally I scroll down for the Mike post before i decide how I feel about most things concerning talent for the Bombers.

I'm slowly ignoring everyone's posts EXCEPT Mike's, I'm going through user by user.  Soon there will only be Mike's posts left on the MBB board for me to read.  And that's all I'll ever need.

FYI consider yourself ignored from this point forward.

Worst signing ever.

I like this signing just fine, but all this consensus is boring.

So...to get this straight...worst signing ever...but you like the signing...but you find everyone liking the signing boring.

....ok...so... your not Mike so what you say is really irrelevant.  Good day to you sir...

i-said-good-day-sir.jpg

I think it's a good signing but my expectations are very low still....  the guy was solid in his rookie year and then progressively less productive each year after.      

From what I do remember though is that he would be more of a Joe Smith type rb ,  much more strong and can grind out the yards and decent at catching out of the backfield.    I wouldn't expect him to break out big runs but he could be a solid guy for short yardage and for blocking out of the back field.

As long as no one expects a 27/28 year old ex-NFL lamer to carry the mail for 18 games then why not?

Very good point, after all ... when's the last time that happened?

Kory-Sheets-MOP-celebration.jpg

Sheets had 772 carries and receptions in college.  1 in the NFL.

Smith had 960 carries and receptions in college. 721 in the NFL.

Hopefully Smith can bring something to our team, but he's high mileage and he's been more Chevy than Volkswagen to this point.

Hopefully Smith can bring something to our team, but he's high mileage and he's been more Chevy than Volkswagen to this point.

That's like saying he's been more dog crap then cat crap. Both brands are pretty terrible when it comes to quality. Every person I know who's owned a Volkswagen has hated it.

That's like saying he's been more dog crap then cat crap. Both brands are pretty terrible when it comes to quality. Every person I know who's owned a Volkswagen has hated it.

I know a couple people still running Volkswagen's from the late 80s-early 90s that are pushing half a million km's, with not much more than regular maintenance and new brakes.  I'd assume newer ones aren't as durable, because no cars made this millennium seem to be.

Problem isn't quality on the VW's... it's the ******** things you need to do to actually do maintenance on them.

First time I've ever needed a 12 volt battery charger to change my brakes (I didn't have the program to interact with the computer)

Anyone know if Travon Jones has actually signed with Bombers. Seeing his tweets they are kryptic not sure if he has or not. Following them its been like watching promos for a year about the debut of a new wrestler.

Problem isn't quality on the VW's... it's the ******** things you need to do to actually do maintenance on them.

First time I've ever needed a 12 volt battery charger to change my brakes (I didn't have the program to interact with the computer)

Only on MBB can a topic about an Ex NFL RB go from a good thing to talking about a crappy car in less then 3 pages!

Really like this signing, was and still am a fan of the detroit lions, actually like all detroit based teams (lions tigers, bears i mean wings)

Watched a few lions games when Smith played for them and he was in beast mode most the time. Seems to be a runner who is suited for the CFL, more north south runner here, power type runner, I hope his injury problems are behind him cuz if they are, look out. We may have found something here. If not, well, so be it and there is no harm in bringing him in.

Really like this signing, was and still am a fan of the detroit lions, actually like all detroit based teams (lions tigers, bears i mean wings)

Watched a few lions games when Smith played for them and he was in beast mode most the time. Seems to be a runner who is suited for the CFL, more north south runner here, power type runner, I hope his injury problems are behind him cuz if they are, look out. We may have found something here. If not, well, so be it and there is no harm in bringing him in.

With the larger CFL field and smaller defensive people to jump on him, Smith ought to have a longer lifespan here.