[MERGED] Bombers sign RB Kevin Smith

Atomic

I can't figure out what he's talking about half the time and I certainly wouldn't expect much from him, but it does certainly seem as if he may be for real this time. Maybe I'm reading too much into it though.

I can't figure out what he's talking about half the time and I certainly wouldn't expect much from him, but it does certainly seem as if he may be for real this time. Maybe I'm reading too much into it though.

yeah the one thing i definitely noticed on his twitter feed, this is definitely not the first time he has been going on about the bombers and letting them know he' ready and waiting for the call basically. 

Makes you wonder if maybe the bombers told him if an injury happened or if one of the backs werent as good as they thought, that he would be next in line? i dunno but.. the guy is definitely all over the place it seems. This one does appear to be a bit different than the other tweets though. either he's paying attention to what's going on here or.. he was told something by the team.

Penton on the twitter feed there says smith had an attitude problem too. He seemed pretty humble on the radio interview but i guess, maybe he thought he was better than anyone else out there. It is what it is. Don't need guys with attitude issues, just got rid of a bunch in the off season.

Just saying, but another guy on the growing very long list of former NFL guys who come up here and think they are the be all and end all, sure im speculating as to what "attitude problem" means but... it's safe to say, it's probably got something to do with the fact that he thought he was just the cats meow.

(Sigh) What some people will do for a plane ticket and a few free meals.

He probably thought the cfl was a step up from touch leagues or an outdoor arena football league (and the paycheque probably helped make him think so) and the rude awakening was too

much for him..

Suuuuuuuuuucks they all can't be Ricky williams or mike sellers

Weird this was a quote from only  3 days ago...

"He's been very humble in the first couple of days," said O'Shea. "He was very quiet. I had to engage him myself just to see if he was breathing. He cracked a smile one time and he's been smiling ever since.

"He's put a few very impressive plays on tape for us to watch. And I think he's going to get better, too."

I wonder what the deal was????  Something is weird with this....

"He's been very humble in the first couple of days," said O'Shea. "He was very quiet. I had to engage him myself just to see if he was breathing. He cracked a smile one time and he's been smiling ever since.

"He's put a few very impressive plays on tape for us to watch. And I think he's going to get better, too."

Read the same thing, then a few hours later heard he was released. Maybe that was rhetoric - trying to get him to be more humble. Who knows? Don't think we ever will. Looks like our RB's will be lame again this year unless there's a 'surprise' player in camp

Read the same thing, then a few hours later heard he was released. Maybe that was rhetoric - trying to get him to be more humble. Who knows? Don't think we ever will. Looks like our RB's will be lame again this year unless there's a 'surprise' player in camp

I think you need to read some of our other threads on how good a couple of our new RB's are this year.

Weird this was a quote from only 3 days ago...

I wonder what the deal was???? Something is weird with this....

if the guys hurt AND his attitude sucks, would you keep him around? I wouldnt..

I imagine the real story about Mr.Smith will leak out in a few weeks or months.

I listened to the Coach's Show on the archive and from what O'Shea said it sounds like after Smith got hurt he wanted to "do other things" whatever that was, instead of rehabbing his leg? I don't know what it means, but maybe he thought he could just go home while getting his hamstring in shape and then come back? At any rate, I am thinking it was a combo of his leg and his total misunderstanding of what this league is all about and the demands it puts on to running backs. When he saw he'd have to bust his butt he decided it just wasn't for him. It will be interesting to see if he winds up back in the NFL again.

the real story is he had other interests outside of football, why is that hard to believe? 

The NFL im sure didn't come calling, no other CFL team did... the guy has been out of football for a year, obviously he was doing other things for that year...

Sometimes what happens is life happens, your priorities change.

He was humble IMO on the radio interview i heard, of course that was several days b4 actually getting here.  Part of me believes that he thought the job was his to lose, even had people telling him that, the media speculated quite hard on him, we did too. He's here to be the starter if he can stay healthy. 

I'm sure he has a nice little nest egg, maybe nothing too ridiculous but... he's doing ok. Probably came here, expected to be named starter, saw that there is some competition here, got hurt, perhaps not as bad as they are saying, decided, you know what, i'm hurt already why bother.. i'm done and let's move on to life after football.

Who knows, maybe it will turn out smith asked to be released cuz his heart just wasn't in to football anymore.

I mean think about it, out of a football for a year due to injury, get a chance up north, get injured.. i'd be frustrated, maybe smith knew his body just wouldn't let him play football anymore. 

the real story is he had other interests outside of football, why is that hard to believe? 

The NFL im sure didn't come calling, no other CFL team did... the guy has been out of football for a year, obviously he was doing other things for that year...

Sometimes what happens is life happens, your priorities change.

He was humble IMO on the radio interview i heard, of course that was several days b4 actually getting here.  Part of me believes that he thought the job was his to lose, even had people telling him that, the media speculated quite hard on him, we did too. He's here to be the starter if he can stay healthy. 

I'm sure he has a nice little nest egg, maybe nothing too ridiculous but... he's doing ok. Probably came here, expected to be named starter, saw that there is some competition here, got hurt, perhaps not as bad as they are saying, decided, you know what, i'm hurt already why bother.. i'm done and let's move on to life after football.

Who knows, maybe it will turn out smith asked to be released cuz his heart just wasn't in to football anymore.

I mean think about it, out of a football for a year due to injury, get a chance up north, get injured.. i'd be frustrated, maybe smith knew his body just wouldn't let him play football anymore. 

hmmm interesting - sounds a lot like Max Hall's MO - he was injured, retired to coaching, didn't get the job he wanted and came here. Rest is history as they say. 

I think you need to read some of our other threads on how good a couple of our new RB's are this year.

Yes I will but I reserve judgement on how 'good' they are when they are playing for real, not what they do in practice :)

Yes I will but I reserve judgement on how 'good' they are when they are playing for real, not what they do in practice :)

Well of course, you just made it sound like, from what you've seen, none of them look good.

Well of course, you just made it sound like, from what you've seen, none of them look good.

I haven't seen anything yet lol. Wish I could but no such luck. Have to rely on what I read on here. But like I said, until I see them in game action I don't really hold a lot of credence about what I read about players in camp - not saying they're necessarily wrong but I've read about 'great' TC players who didn't make the first cuts, and even more often guys I never read about, fly under the radar, but explode at game time (hence my comment on 'surprises'). That, couples with the worst football program on a professional level I've ever been witnessed to over the past three years and um, yeah, kinda skeptical. :)