TSN Off-Season Game Plan: Winnipeg Jets

Our good friend Eklund says sources tell him Chicago, Boston, Buffalo are preparing offers for Kane.

So what so we want from each to make a deal?

Let's pretend our friend Eklund isn't full of crap like always... 

Chicago? Saad, prospect and a pick or 2 even cuz they aint picking high. not gonna trade kane to a team in our own division though unless toews is coming this way (NOT HAPPENING)

Boston? Not  gonna happen but one of Marchand or even that prick Lucic plus a Left Handed D man and their first round pick.

Buffalo? pick 2 and one of zadorov(preferably cuz he's a LHD) or Rastailanen or Girgensons. Probably most likely cuz we'd probably get a guy like sam bennett at pick 2, seems to be the Jets M.O. If they do move a guy like Kane, you can bet that they are gonna want a high pick in return, of those 3 teams mentioned, buffalo is the only one who has a high pick.

In other words, Not gonna happen, as our friend Eklund generally is wrong all the time.

The people discussing it are pitching Marchand plus from Boston.  I wouldnt mind marchand.  Consistant scorer and the type of prick this team needs to fully compete but we'd need more to make that happen.

The Jets have two VERY major pieces of talent that will surely be the toast of the draft - question is, will the offers get into crazy territory with the frenzy that could happen and will Chevy/Chipman be willing to pull the trigger?

The people discussing it are pitching Marchand plus from Boston.  I wouldnt mind marchand.  Consistant scorer and the type of prick this team needs to fully compete but we'd need more to make that happen.

The Jets have two VERY major pieces of talent that will surely be the toast of the draft - question is, will the offers get into crazy territory with the frenzy that could happen and will Chevy/Chipman be willing to pull the trigger?

Marchand is a tremendous rat. And he might be able to come close to matching Evander Kane's point totals working on a so-called rat-line. Obviously, Chevy would never trade Kane's potential for a rat. But he might be able to get a couple high picks in addition to Kane, maybe even a top development player. 

this should put an end to the burmistrov coming back talk

Yuri Nikolaev, the Russian agent for Alex Burmistrov, said via e-mail his client will remain with Ak Bars Kazan of the KHL. next season.

That's unfortunate. But his agent also said burmi wouldn't go to the K. So it could be a negotiating ploy. Burmi has no leverage. He either plays for the jets or he doesn't play in the NHL.

this should put an end to the burmistrov coming back talk

Yuri Nikolaev, the Russian agent for Alex Burmistrov, said via e-mail his client will remain with Ak Bars Kazan of the KHL. next season.

That's unfortunate. But his agent also said burmi wouldn't go to the K. So it could be a negotiating ploy. Burmi has no leverage. He either plays for the jets or he doesn't play in the NHL.

That was a different agent. He had a North American agent who said he wasn't going to the KHL. His Russian agent is the one who got him the KHL contract.

We don't need Burmistrov, just file him away as a bust and move on

somewhat agree here, i dont think we actually need him, i dont think he'd make that much of a difference to be honest but... to say he is a bust, i dunno man, granted he was an atlanta draft pick that was rushed too soon but i wouldn't call him a bust yet, i also dont think he'd be anything more than a decent third line centre. I guess, jokinen or Burmistrov, i'd take Burmistrov everyday cuz at least there is some potential (im not sure how much though) to get better.

And he'd come more expensive than both. At burni's age and skillset he would be an instant upgrade for the Jets. 3rd line centre. Top six winger. Pk and PP role.

doubt it, he's gonna get bought out, those guys dont sign for much after they get bought out.

I dont get the BURMI love. he was a failed atlanta draft pick.

And he'd come more expensive than both. At burni's age and skillset he would be an instant upgrade for the Jets. 3rd line centre. Top six winger. Pk and PP role.

doubt it, he's gonna get bought out, those guys dont sign for much after they get bought out.

I dont get the BURMI love. he was a failed atlanta draft pick.

He shows flashes but more often then not he disappeared.

Anyone who says he's a failed draft pick doesn't know what they're talking about. It's true he may need up in that category but he has talent to burn. And unlike many guys with talent, he also always out forth the effort. He just didn't buy into the plan. For his skill and age he's worth it to being back. He's an immediate upgrade in depth.

Anyone who says he's a failed draft pick doesn't know what they're talking about. It's true he may need up in that category but he has talent to burn. And unlike many guys with talent, he also always out forth the effort. He just didn't buy into the plan. For his skill and age he's worth it to being back. He's an immediate upgrade in depth.

Playing in the khl and not looking to come back to the NHL is a failed draft pick.

Lukas Sutter also is a lost cause the guy is a bust also.

The end result might be a failure as I clearly said. But it's too early to say. Sutter is a failed draft pick

Burmi isn't.

LOL. just gonna delete that cuz it's apparent you can't change peoples minds on here.

Let's just say cuz i just don't have the patience to post all the stats of the guys taken after him in his 2010 draft but...

check it out... he's definitely pushing bust status.

The end result might be a failure as I clearly said. But it's too early to say. Sutter is a failed draft pick

Burmi isn't.

LOL. just gonna delete that cuz it's apparent you can't change peoples minds on here.

Let's just say cuz i just don't have the patience to post all the stats of the guys taken after him in his 2010 draft but...

check it out... he's definitely pushing bust status.

My point is that its too early to tell.  If Burmi disappeared off the face of the earth tomorrow, then yes he's a bust.  If he returns to the Jets next season or in 2015, then he has the talent and youth to be a contributor.  Not a bust yet,.

How about Burmi for Mike Richards?

Maybe LA retains some salary (bringing Richards' salary closer to Jokinen's).

There are rumours LA might be interested in buying him out which would make him an idea 3C for the Jets but then you're competing with everyone else.  A trade solves that problem.

He'd be an instant upgrade at 3C with potential to step into top six in case of injury, improves the PK, brings a mean streak and has won.

In Burmi, LA gets a young talent who wont be available until next season but will still be young and talented and could fit into their style of play.

Maybe LA retains some salary 

Oh wait you were serious... Let me laugh even harder. If the Kings want out from Richards contract they'll find a taker and I'd be shocked if it wasn't a better return than having to retain salary to pick up a KHL player. 

Oh wait you were serious... Let me laugh even harder. If the Kings want out from Richards contract they'll find a taker and I'd be shocked if it wasn't a better return than having to retain salary to pick up a KHL player. 

I don't know, that's a pretty ugly contract. He's been trending down the last three seasons and his contract pays him a lot of money until he's 35.

I don't know, that's a pretty ugly contract. He's been trending down the last three seasons and his contract pays him a lot of money until he's 35.

yeah but there's teams with cap space who would be willing to take a chance on him bouncing back. He does have a lot of winning experience.