TSN Off-Season Game Plan: Winnipeg Jets

I'm still waiting for the Joe Thornton trade lol.

Clitsome was awful last year I hope he's replaced. Who is left that the Jets could sign?

Why do you care?  You dont want to talk rumours.

For the rest of us, I'd love to see Peter Mueller but I suspect that isnt going to happen.

Also Clitty only played 32 games last year,.

Ellerby signed a 2 way contract so it's likely he starts in st johns, if not the whole season there, fact is, he was a UFA for a while and took a 2 way contract with the Jets, means there wasn't much if any interest in him. Solid depth move though that should help a young st johns team out. 

• 2 weeks later...

The always-accurate Hockeybuzz reports the Jets are closing in on Dustin Penner, which surprises me if true.  I wonder if that would mean a third line of Penner-Perrault-Buff and a fourth line of Galiardi-Slater-Halischuck/Thorburn.

Im sort of cautiously in favour of the signing.  Penner would surely come cheap and certainly has the potential to have a rebound year.  For a market like Winnipeg, taking a small risk on a guy like Penner is a low-risk/high reward possibility.

The always-accurate Hockeybuzz reports the Jets are closing in on Dustin Penner, which surprises me if true.  I wonder if that would mean a third line of Penner-Perrault-Buff and a fourth line of Galiardi-Slater-Halischuck/Thorburn.

Im sort of cautiously in favour of the signing.  Penner would surely come cheap and certainly has the potential to have a rebound year.  For a market like Winnipeg, taking a small risk on a guy like Penner is a low-risk/high reward possibility.

I'm not in-tune with hockey rumours.  When you say "always-accurate" Hockeybuzz, are you being sarcastic?  I can't tell :)

I would be in favour of the Penner signing, as I said in a different thread.  It fills a need that still exists in the top-9, IMO.