Keep Jokinen, Trade Kane?

Also that didnt answer my question at all.  You said Kane couldnt pull in L.A. the crap he's pulled in Winnipeg.  What crap has he pulled in Winnipeg?  Being injured?  Having multiple line-mates?  Being moved around the line up?  What has Kane done that you object to?

Been dark skinned?

I am completely serious though, would Kane take nearly the **** he does if he was a white kid? If he was a 30 goal scorer from some rural town in Manitoba and acted exactly the same way people would absolutely LOVE the kid. Guys like Carter and Richards were the poster boys for being stupid immature kids and no one gave them half as much crap as Kane gets. 

I am completely serious though, would Kane take nearly the **** he does if he was a white kid? If he was a 30 goal scorer from some rural town in Manitoba and acted exactly the same way people would absolutely LOVE the kid. Guys like Carter and Richards were the poster boys for being stupid immature kids and no one gave them half as much crap as Kane gets.

Srsly? Can't... Faceplam... Enough..

Or we just didn't hear about it as much b/c we don't like in Philly. They were called out a lot by their local media and eventually traded b/c they were causing trouble.

There were locker room problems in Philly. The vets, especially Pronger, didn't like the way they acted and wasn't afraid to tell them. He & Richards especially didn't get along. Richards, as captain, stopped talking to the local media for awhile b/c he didn't like a story they wrote about him.

So yeah, those white kids from a small town also got called out for their behaviour.

I think we're doing ourselves a disservice if we bury our heads in the sand about this. There is the ideal that most people have in their minds for a hockey player and it ain't what Evander Kane is. I think PK Subban suffers the same. It's not overt racism exactly, because a lot of Russian players have to deal with those issues a lot of times too but guys like Kane you can not tell me don't take more **** than they earn simply because they look different. 

Kane isn't a race issue. Neither is Buff.

The crap I refer to on Kane (that is tolerated in Wpg but wouldn't be in a place like LA) is that he's basically got two skills (hi-powered skating and a big shot)

The skating is nice but without other tools like good on-ice vision its pretty much useless - - - Kane might be fast but most NHL calibre d-men have read the book on Evanka and know how to pinch him off to the outside or get their long-stick on his slap-happy pad-thumpers! He also washes off his back-check too quickly (Ladd does this too) and feigns exhaustion, heading to the bench after a short shift. He probably leads the Jets in untimely cheap penalties born of frustration and anger that the skills that once held him in high stead in Juniors are now pretty much useless in the NHL.

His off-ice nonsense has diminished considerably since incidents years back - - - he knows he could potentially void his hi-value guaranteed contract so he's pretty much a team guy off the ice.

Based on his 16 goals, multiple games missed and poorly timed anger management penalties if you looked at his dance-card and just assigned a contract value to him, you'd probably have him pegged as an average NHL 3rd line winger who doesn't use his speed effectively (I'd love to see the guy turned into a rat, imagine what torment he could inflict if he played a big more like Brad Marchand and a bit less than Boom Boom Geoffrion).???

Based on his current stats - he's probably a 2.25 to 2.75 million dollar player.

Don't even get me started on Tiny Toby's 5.75 million contract. 

Based on his 16 goals, multiple games missed and poorly timed anger management penalties if you looked at his dance-card and just assigned a contract value to him, you'd probably have him pegged as an average NHL 3rd line winger who doesn't use his speed effectively (I'd love to see the guy turned into a rat, imagine what torment he could inflict if he played a big more like Brad Marchand and a bit less than Boom Boom Geoffrion).???

Based on his current stats - he's probably a 2.25 to 2.75 million dollar player.

You're an idiot. He's already scored 30 goals once and was on pace to hit it again in the lock out season. You have no idea the value of NHL players right now. 

He's only had over 20 goals once in five seasons.  Awful big investment based on one decent year.

Stupid when he had 17 in the lockout season. He was on pace for 30 in that season (technically 29.something but we're rounding up to make a point) and had 19 in his sophmore season and 14 in his rookie season and he has 17 in 60 games right now, I don't care what kind of excuses you want to come up with, Kane is at least a 20 goal player and guys who can hit between 20 and 30 goals are worth more than people want to admit. Especially when they're over 6 feet tall and skate that well.

As I said before .... When you take a bazillion shots you probably will score 30 goals. If all Wheeler , Little , Ladd only took a shot on net every time they had the puck then they would also all have 30 goals but much less assists.

Kane would be worth the money if he could pass the puck.

What was funny in the last game was Paddy made some nice dekes before setting up the goal. The next two shifts Kane tried to do the same thing and gave up the puck rather then doing the smart thing and pass the puck....

I don't care what he does off the ice, I'm more disappointed in his regression. If he passed the puck maybe he could be a point a game person who could play on the top line.

I hate to somewhat agree with Nate but even my wife who doesn't watch a lot of hockey knows that Kane will either

Skate with the puck get pinched and feign injury as he slides into the corner

Take a pointless shot rather then making the pass to start the cycle

Someone will give him a decent pass and he ends up wiring it over the net.

He's extremely predictable.

As I said before .... When you take a bazillion shots you probably will score 30 goals. 

Then why don't more people actually score 30 goals?

Because they pass the puck.       How come Wheeler , Little, Ladd have 20 - 30 more points and they each have more goals then Kane despite taking much less shots?

How come they have to keep rotating line mates for Kane  ?

The kid has talent but he definitely needs to step up his game and he clearly is not earning his money.   A 3rd line winger should not make that much cashola....

He's only had over 20 goals once in five seasons. Awful big investment based on one decent year.

Stupid when he had 17 in the lockout season. He was on pace for 30 in that season (technically 29.something but we're rounding up to make a point) and had 19 in his sophmore season and 14 in his rookie season and he has 17 in 60 games right now, I don't care what kind of excuses you want to come up with, Kane is at least a 20 goal player and guys who can hit between 20 and 30 goals are worth more than people want to admit. Especially when they're over 6 feet tall and skate that well.

Stupid? It's a fact, it can't be stupid.

Guys who score between 20 and 30 a year (even though he has only actually achieved that once) generally aren't making 6 million, whether you care to admit it or not.

you are purposely ignoring his pace in a lock out shortened season to make a stupid point. Hell he's had a goals per game pace of over 20 4 times including this year. It's pedantic to focus on just the number 20 without taking into account things like the lock out season meaning no one puts up the usual 82 game numbers. 

you are purposely ignoring his pace in a lock out shortened season to make a stupid point. Hell he's had a goals per game pace of over 20 4 times including this year. It's pedantic to focus on just the number 20 without taking into account things like the lock out season meaning no one puts up the usual 82 game numbers.

Did you know Setoguchi also had a 30 goal season and several 20 plus goal seasons...should he be paid 6 million? Lol your point isn't really valid.

Sometimes players like Devon simply decline... Kane I think has one more season before the Jets give up on him. He's almost a bust and 6 mill is way to much for a third liner

You can't bank on potential for ever...