Pavelec

Jets have his rights.  If he wants to play in the NHL, he will play for the Jets (barring a trade).

I was a big fan of him too.  Good community guy also, from what I understand.  Knew some people that met him and I believe he was the player that went and played hockey with kids at a local rink just for fun.

Very good defensive player with tremendous offensive skills.  The problem was he wanted to play a certain way and Noel didnt want him playing that way.  I think Noel was a "teacher" and was leaning on guys to learn responsible game before playing "fun".  And there's merit to that.  He came down on Kane to learn to be a complete player and I think his methods helped Scheif a lot too.  But once there was that disconnect between Burmi and Noel, there was trouble.  I think Burmi would have come back but he wanted more than the Jets were willing to pay and if he couldnt get the money he wanted, he didnt want to come back to be the Coach's whipping boy.

Maurice is Russian friendly.  if Maurice re-signs, I'd send him to Russia to sit down with Burmi and get the lay of the land.  Burmi coming back vastly improves our depth and might even make Jokinen expendable (though I'd be interested in both with Burmi on Jokinen's RW).

Kane-Scheif-Wheeler

Ladd-Little-Frolik

Buff-Jokinen-Burmi

Halischuk-Slater-???

Thats a good team right there, not counting some of the young guys from the Rock (O'Dell, Telegin, Klingberg, Lowry etc)

The only way burmi is back is if jokinen isnt.

Burmi said he was upset with the jets giving jokinen more ice time then they gave him.

No chance Burmi is back if Jokinen is back. Not a chance. If jokinen isnt, then sure. Its a possibility.

The only way burmi is back is if jokinen isnt.

Burmi said he was upset with the jets giving jokinen more ice time then they gave him.

No chance Burmi is back if Jokinen is back. Not a chance. If jokinen isnt, then sure. Its a possibility.

It wasn't personal, he would be equally be pissed that Scheifele would be ahead of him...

Here's what Burmi's offensive skills have accomplished.

65 points as a career high in JR

13 goals and 28 points as a career high in the NHL

2 goals in 22 games in the AHL

37 points in the KHL

If Alexandre is as offensively gifted as some believe when, and in what league, is he going to start putting up some numbers?

Fancy dangle doesn't automatically equate to production. Stickhandling yourself into the corner looks good but doesn't really create scoring. It's like being the QB with the strongest arm. Only part of the picture.

If he was willing to to the line and play on the 3rd line it would be one thing.  But he is not.  

I consider Burmi a tremendous puck posession player.  He's good defensively and has offensive skill.  The numbers perhaps dont translate and thats something Im sure Noel was trying to change in changing and maturing Burmi's play.

Im sure Burmi doesnt hate Jokinen.  I believe his agent felt Burmi's play warranted 2nd line centre minutes moreso than Jokinen's play.  And last season, he's probably right.  But thats not an issue since between Little & Scheif we have our top two centres.

• 1 month later...

And before we start talking about backup goalies playing easier competition, the collection of teams Montoya has played are:

Chicago x3

Colorado x3

St Louis x2

Pittsburgh

San Jose

Montreal

Tampa Bay

He ain't getting sheltered minutes.

For the other thread in regards to Montoya

Monty wont be back, it's gonna be PAV and Hutch.. Pav only has a couple years left on his deal, he's what you call a stop gap until helly or comrie are ready.. in a few years, pav will be gone and helly or hutch will be starter and backup. Makes sense now to  stick with Pavelec, Montoya isn't the answer, he's a 30 year old career backup, people need to get that, montoya is a backup. When pav was "hurt", they gave monty his chance and what he did was win 3 and lose 3. It is what it is.

Monty wont be back, it's gonna be PAV and Hutch.. Pav only has a couple years left on his deal, he's what you call a stop gap until helly or comrie are ready.. in a few years, pav will be gone and helly or hutch will be starter and backup. Makes sense now to stick with Pavelec, Montoya isn't the answer, he's a 30 year old career backup, people need to get that, montoya is a backup. When pav was "hurt", they gave monty his chance and what he did was win 3 and lose 3. It is what it is.

I tend to believe this also.

Monty wont be back, it's gonna be PAV and Hutch.. Pav only has a couple years left on his deal, he's what you call a stop gap until helly or comrie are ready.. in a few years, pav will be gone and helly or hutch will be starter and backup. Makes sense now to  stick with Pavelec, Montoya isn't the answer, he's a 30 year old career backup, people need to get that, montoya is a backup. When pav was "hurt", they gave monty his chance and what he did was win 3 and lose 3. It is what it is.

Your best post ever. I'll second it. Pav will seek a deal elsewhere - perhaps Minnesota, maybe even Vancouver (as a backup who can play 24 to 28 games with ease and good stats)...... Chevy has placed "all" his confidence in Pavelec cuz he knows the Jets won't be good for the next couple years, despite the quality rooks and draft picks in the system. So you may as well use up a piece of trash like Pav rather than have a potential great goaler (our next one) come in and get shellacked cuz we can't support him with decent defense and back-checking (not to mention offensive goal support).

Jet fans will just have to grin and bear it while Pavelec craps the crease next couple years!

Maybe he means he's trash as in he is past his expiration date and is starting to stink badly?

Pretty much. I think Pavelec is just a "Bridge Goaltender" until Chevy can acquire someone much better (ie. 90% of current NHL starters, prolly 33% of NHL backups) or Hutchinson is ready to take the mantle.